PDA

View Full Version : Advent children

Cronic
04-26-2006, 05:27 AM
Ok so who else has seen this and what are your thoughts on it? I'll open up more once this has generated some response but i will say two things ...the music sucked ....The turks rocked

DarkFlameWolf
04-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Major Spoilers here:

yes, the Turks were funny, but they made them out to be such wimps. (which in the game, they kinda were anyway) but they didn't have to be that obvious about it. Furthermore, this is Cloud's story, no one else's, so it seemed the whole gang reuniting at the end was a bit superflorous and wasn't essentially needed except for the whole, "you can't do it without us" vibe. The fight scenes, although amazingly detailed and awesome, kinda took away from its realism, but it is based off of a game after all, so fanboys will enjoy. Overall, it is a fanboy's dream, with plotholes and missing story elements to boot. (like where did Kudaj and the gang come from? Were they part of the original reunion in the game? Why are they copies of Sepiroth with potential to become him? Does that mean all iterations of Seph can become Seph? Like Red XIII? Or Cloud? Since they both have Jenova's cells? Lots of unanswered questions.

Warlock
04-26-2006, 10:23 AM
*cough*
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?p=1069057#post1069057

Cronic
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Major Spoilers here:

yes, the Turks were funny, but they made them out to be such wimps. (which in the game, they kinda were anyway) but they didn't have to be that obvious about it. Furthermore, this is Cloud's story, no one else's, so it seemed the whole gang reuniting at the end was a bit superflorous and wasn't essentially needed except for the whole, "you can't do it without us" vibe. The fight scenes, although amazingly detailed and awesome, kinda took away from its realism, but it is based off of a game after all, so fanboys will enjoy. Overall, it is a fanboy's dream, with plotholes and missing story elements to boot. (like where did Kudaj and the gang come from? Were they part of the original reunion in the game? Why are they copies of Sepiroth with potential to become him? Does that mean all iterations of Seph can become Seph? Like Red XIII? Or Cloud? Since they both have Jenova's cells? Lots of unanswered questions.

I thought if they were gonna use all the characters they needed to be more part of the stoiry instead of just randomly leaping out ofg the sky, and as for seph I dunno ...i don't think red or cloud contain enough darkness or whatever to do that ....as for kudaj and the thriple threat thats the only part of the whole thing i absolutly didn't care for because youre right theres no basis for them really ...I mean were they ex soldiers that snapped or did they grow from the ground ...and yea warlock i see that but i'd rather discuss it with gamers then movie buffs ;)

Orion
04-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Hm.. so I finally found it (apparently Walmart is too good to carry this movie on DVD). It was alright, the tech certainly was nice. Even better than Spirits Within simply because of the style. However, I thought the plot was pretty weak. It had about as much substance as Spirits Within did, so really the only advantage it had was that it had the return of FF7 characters, and a good chunk of them, as someone put it so well, just popped out of the sky for a few minutes. Most attempts at humor failed, and while there were some cool remixes of FF7 songs, a lot of the music was pretty bad, or just awkwardly placed.

Anyway, end rant. It *is* good eye candy.

Cronic
04-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Orion you may as well be lookin me sqaure in the eye my friend ...my thoiughts exactly ...only more delicatly put =)

vegeta1215
04-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Just finished watching Advent Children. Despite being simple, I liked the story. It was neat to see people and places from the game in high tech CG. The character models looked good for the most part, but their faces all looked too...I dunno...japanese? Their eyes just looked weird. I was so excited to see Aerith's face at the end (because they never EVER showed it before hand), but it didn't look like I expected. The dub was alright. Some character's voices fit better than others. I have to watch it in the original japanese yet - I have a feeling I will like that version better.

mrz84
05-01-2006, 05:49 PM
DO andm yself thought it was a good movie (he loved the remix of One Winged Angel which was ok...), but I have to agree that the Turks were hilarious ( they were some my fav characters from the game...) anyways, good movie... :kawaii: