PDA

View Full Version : Eating / Sleeping habits:

ShadowTiger
04-25-2006, 10:06 AM
Interesting question, really. People claim that your brain really needs a solid breakfast, lunch, and dinner to get your body running at its peak performance.

Do you find this to be true for you?

I might eat a light breakfast, but then I need to race to school. I generally don't eat all that much (If anything at all.) during the school day, in fact. Usually nothing whatsoever. I then get home at around 6:00 or so and have a small dinner. Does anyone else eat that lightly while in school, or at any other point in their week?

It's also said that a good nights sleep is very important for you, and that after you sleep, you'll awake "refreshed" and such.

Personally, I find that to be sort of untrue for me. When I get six to eight hours of sleep, I almost always wake up extremely groggy, and remain that way for most of an hour. However, if I've not had a good night's sleep, I wake up very easily, and become cheerful and "perky" for the majority of the day. Any sleep that I get at all that night will maintain that state of being. It's very ... strange. ._o'

Verman
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Sleep? jesus... I hate sleep time...

As soon as I lay down I have to pee, as soon as I pee I get thirsty so I take a drink, as soon as I take a drink I have to pee and can't even try to sleep till I do... Then when I do I have to take a drink again.

I wake up to check the doors are locked at the house and if I can see the car in the drive way, then I go pee, then I have to take a pee then yadda yadda...

Oh yes, Also if A weird noise occurs I have to wake up and turn off the fan (oh yes, I can't sleep without a noise like a fan or a washing machine that drowns everything out). Anyways, when i wake up I'll sit there and listen to see if the noise comes again and if not then turn the fan on and sleep!

Needless to say I get maybe 4 hours a sleep at night and thats if I goto bed early. I took pills for OCD when I was younger and its probably what this is hah. back then I used to have to cover all the outlets in my room and etc... quite funny.

Jigglysaint
04-25-2006, 11:52 AM
My eating habits? Well depending on the day I either eat not enough, or too much. I like to eat, so when I am out I am constantly snacking on jumk food. Recently I've decided to try harder to avoid caffinated pop, mainly because if I don't concentrate, I end up drinking far more than I really should(although it's nothing compared to most people I would say). Anyway, my eating habits are pretty poor, as anybody who has seen my picture can attest to. I also don't get enough exercise, although it's not like I hate to move arround or anything.

As for my sleeping habits, which are also pretty bad, some nights I tend to stay on the computer untill about 2 in the morning, then I usually do my washroom thing and take a quick bath to ensure my anal hygene is spotless(I don't think I need to expand on that one). Then I take all my water bottles that I've used during the day and fill them up and freeze them, and maybe take a fresh one out and have it defrost so if I ever wake up, I got ice cold water. As for sleep, sometimes I can't fall asleep, maybe because I am thinking about somthing or I have a raging boner which really makes it hard for me to sleep untill I do somthing about it. When I do sleep, sometimes I wake up occasionally during the night, er morning. On a good day I sleep in untill about 10 or 11 AM, but on days where I am really tired, I sleep clean through untill 1 or 2 PM. Since I am currently unemployed and collecting disability insurance, I don't have much to do except go on the computer. When I decided to improve my life, things will be different.

Also, when I sleep, it has to be almost total darkness, and I have to have the radio going, although I can sleep with no noise too. It's mostly light, and random noises that bother me. Heck, even a dripping faucet is okay, because at least I know what it is, and can predict the rythem. A cat playing with a plastic bag, however, would totally bother me and would make me more inclined to find it and take the bag and maybe shoo it untill it's out of earshot.

Archibaldo
04-25-2006, 03:21 PM
I find that if I don't eat anything in the morning, I feel faint at school and I'll get really hungry around 10:00. At school I usually eat at lunch hour and then maybe after my last class, then I come home, eat a snack and go do something. A few hours later its time for dinner.

With sleep, no matter how much I get, I'm always tired. I could sleep for 12 hours and still need a nap in the afternoon.

Aegix Drakan
04-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Eating:

small, quick breakfast.
a small lunch (more like a snack actually)
and a decent sized supper.

Needless to say, I'm really skinny

Sleeping:

Unless there is some important event going on, I always get in my 8 hours of sleep.

My record for staying up is about to 2:45 Am. I was at an overnight gaming party, and I decided to go to sleep because I was doing DDR...and suddenly the arrows didn't make any sense.

Yoshiman
04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Eating (on a school day)

Breakfast: Usually a bowl and a half of cereal. Maybe a glass of milk if I'm thirsty.
Lunch: School meal consists of daily special, salad, apple, cookie, and milk.
Afterschool Snack: Maybe chips or a sandwich.
Dinner: Usually a serving or two of meat, a vegetable (brocolli, salad), and usually rice or some kind of potato.
After Dinner Snack: Another bowl of cereal or a poptart.

With the way I eat, I'm amazed I'm not overweight. >_>

Sleeping (school day)

I usually go to bed at 10:30, but sometimes I don't actually get to sleep until 11:30. I usually wake up at 5:20 to get ready for school.

Sometimes if I'm tired, I'll take a nap after school (or during, depends if I can sneak one in or not).

Beldaran
04-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Sleep? jesus... I hate sleep time...

As soon as I lay down I have to pee, as soon as I pee I get thirsty so I take a drink, as soon as I take a drink I have to pee and can't even try to sleep till I do... Then when I do I have to take a drink again.

I wake up to check the doors are locked at the house and if I can see the car in the drive way, then I go pee, then I have to take a pee then yadda yadda...

Oh yes, Also if A weird noise occurs I have to wake up and turn off the fan (oh yes, I can't sleep without a noise like a fan or a washing machine that drowns everything out). Anyways, when i wake up I'll sit there and listen to see if the noise comes again and if not then turn the fan on and sleep!

Needless to say I get maybe 4 hours a sleep at night and thats if I goto bed early. I took pills for OCD when I was younger and its probably what this is hah. back then I used to have to cover all the outlets in my room and etc... quite funny.

WOW. I do exactly the same thing. I'm pretty OCD, and it is reflected in my lousy, distracted, and irritating sleep habits. Ditto on the water issue. I absolutely cannot go to bed without chugging a glass of water. Then, of course, I have to pee like an hour later. Peeing makes me want more water. Rinse and repeat. Also, I leave my computer on so the fan noise will drown out the little shit noises that are inevitable at a college apartment complex. I check my locked doors like three or four times, and sometimes I need to go outside and make sure my car is locked. I really don't get enough sleep, which sucks because I tend to nap during the day and I waste productive time.

VT_Hokie_Fan
04-25-2006, 07:37 PM
My eating habits are different every day. Usually I don't eat breakfast, but after that it depends on how I feel or how much I did outside.

My sleeping habits are just as erratic. I can never seem to go to sleep. Ever. I usually end up falling asleep at 12 or 1, which sucks when you have to get up at 6:00 for school. After two or three days of this I'll fall asleep as soon as I get home (2:00) and wake up around 7. Then the cycle continues. I could really use some type of sleeping medication or something. I'll just lay in bed staring at the ceiling for hours sometimes. It sucks.

Daarkseid
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I never was a good sleeper until around 17 when I was put on an anti-depressant that seriously impeded my ability to sleep.

I was givin a new anti-depressant that, as a side effect, causes severe drowsiness and stimulates appetite. The sleep that results is probably the most restful, peaceful sleep I've ever had.

Of course I think I've become dependant on this medication, as without it, I won't actually be able to sleep for a full day, at which point I might find myself drift off for a few hours at a time. I feel like shit after waking, and feel even less rejuvenated than I did before sleeping.

firebug
04-26-2006, 12:08 AM
I can't eat when I first wake up. I always feel slightly nauseous in the mornings. If I don't immediately brush my teeth after waking up, I'm liable to vomit.

I wake at 10am, at work by 11am, eat a piece of fruit or a small salad around 2pm. If I get hungry throughout the day, I'll eat some jerky or a granola bar (one of those nature valley ones, they kick ass!). I only really eat one meal around 11pm or 12am, usually a salad and some meat of some kind. I only drink water throughout the day, but a juice at dinner is ok.

I like to stay away from processed foods of any kind really. Anything that I can't pick or kill myself is pretty much off limits (yes, this means no twinkies :( ). I'm usually in bed by 2am, giving me a solid 8 hours sleep. I'm definitely groggy in the mornings, and will sleep clear until 2pm on my days off. 12 hours is optimal. Only then do I wake up clear-headed and refreshed. I'd sleep even more if I could get away with it, but my body simply won't allow it.

MottZilla
04-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Well seeing how i'm online at 2am I tend to sleep late. It varies by day. As for eating I eat little but snack often.

Darth Marsden
04-26-2006, 05:36 AM
I don't tend to eat all that much. I rarely eat breakfast, around mid-day I'll sometimes eat a couple of sandwiches, and I don't normally have dinner either. I do tend to eat snacks though, so that's probably why I haven't starved to death.

Sleeping wise, I find it very difficult to nod off if I don't have some sort of music on. Otherwise I get about 6-8 hours sleep and wake up sounding like Darth Vader.

gdorf
04-26-2006, 06:26 AM
I have my "lunch" at work at 6am every morning. Unfortunately, its never healthy because we don't have many healthy meals at our store. :shrug:a

ShadowTiger
04-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I can predict that from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, all I'll have is a single drink of water to tide me over.

And I've already had it. :sweat:

Eh. Hunger is the greatest sauce of them all. ° °,

Rainman
04-27-2006, 08:50 AM
I have absolutely horrible eating and sleeping habits at the moment. As a result I don't feel to good physically at the moment. Hopefuly I can fix things over the summer.