PDA

View Full Version : So here's the deal (Quest DB Update)

Tygore
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
As of now, I am working on the current submissions. Because some older links are now broken, quests may have to be re-submitted. If you have, in the past 4 months, submitted a quest that has not been uploaded, wait 24 hours and then resubmit the quest.

Also, there seems to be a problem with screenshots. As of now, I am submitting the quests regardless of whether the screenshots upload or not. Your screenshots will be saved to my hard drive and uploaded if we get it fixed.

Thanks you all so much for being patient. I know how much this means to everybody, and I want you to know that JayeM and I are working to try to get everything fixed and back on track.

Gerudo
04-23-2006, 08:55 PM
bout fragging time, sheesh.

i dont have plans to submit anything, but still, i look forward to actually being able to browse zc.com and be able to pick out a good quest for my entertainment.

thank you Tygore and JayeM.

Pineconn
04-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Yes, again, thank you JayeM and Tygore. I was beginning to think that we wouldn't be able to use ZC.com anymore, but now we can in a few days. Ah, this is great. :) I plan to release a quest in a few months, so I'm glad I will be able to submit it.

Is there any chance of being able to log-in in the future? Hopefully it's not an AGN issue and can be resolved soon.

Good luck to your restoring the site.

rocksfan13
04-23-2006, 10:56 PM
I also have something that's going to come in about a month.

Glad to hear it's finally happened. Good luck Tygore.
Special thanks to JayeM for passing the torch. :thumbsup:

Freedom
04-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Is there any chance of being able to log-in in the future? Hopefully it's not an AGN issue and can be resolved soon.

This has been an issue since day one, I believe it's a cookie conflict.
You might try deleting your AGN cookie and then try logging in there, that normally works in those situations.

Rakki
04-24-2006, 01:43 AM
I've tried that before Freedom, and it doesn't work for me. Does AGN maybe dislike Firefox?

Freedom
04-24-2006, 02:18 AM
Nah, it did it with my IE before I changed over to firefox too.
I told Eckels about it when he first uploaded the new database, so it's a known issue.

rocksfan13
04-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah. Neither comments or voting works. May be a problem that can be looked at after the new additions come.

Doesn't have to be taken care of right now. But should be soon as it may becaome an issue for new quests to get a good rating.

Petoe
04-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Hoo boy, finally!

Lots of respect in your direction, Tygore. The database will be revived at last.

Sir_Johnamus
04-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks alot. I was going to download some quests, but when I logged in, it said that an moderator has banned my account. Worked fine otherwise.
I just checked. It's fine now.

rocksfan13
04-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Tygore: Might want to make this a sticky.

koopa
04-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Tygore: major thanks for helping with the QDB. Thanks also to everyone who brought this issue up. It's about time the 'official home of Zelda Classic' lived up to its name.

rocksfan13
04-24-2006, 02:03 PM
It needed to be done and was done in the best of ways.

Hopes Tygore has fun going through 4 months worth of submissions.

Link
04-24-2006, 02:13 PM
I selected 'Tygore's Testing the DB' on the listing, but the page contains PHP errors.

rocksfan13
04-24-2006, 02:27 PM
It worked fine for me. What browser are you using?

Tygore
04-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Yes it does. I'm not sure what makes MY quest (which is a 4-screen thing I made to test something) special, but it gets the errors. Pay ye no mind. There are some problems with the PHP code on the site, something we're going to have to find a solution for.

Pineconn
04-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Great to hear you're trying to fix things. :) Yes, I agree, the QDB is probably the most important thing to tackle, but there is the log-in and spam. Don't worry, take your time. I have another 80 years of my life to wait. ;)

EDIT: Well, new quests appear in the Top 10 Lists, but not the homepage. Also, Adventure in Mysteria, newly added, has a vote. How? We (at least I) can't log in... Hm.

Nimono
04-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Great to hear you're trying to fix things. :) Yes, I agree, the QDB is probably the most important thing to tackle, but there is the log-in and spam. Don't worry, take your time. I have another 80 years of my life to wait. ;)

EDIT: Well, new quests appear in the Top 10 Lists, but not the homepage. Also, Adventure in Mysteria, newly added, has a vote. How? We (at least I) can't log in... Hm.
I was wordering the same thing about the quest (and it's mine, by the way). Speaking of my quest, I'm going to need it to be updated (it's on purezc, and I'm getting some info on some mistakes I've missed on the quest) once I can get all the problems on it sorted out. It may not take long, but it still needs to be updated. When I submitted it to THIS database (which was a few months ago), I hadn't submitted it to purezc, so I had no idea there were so many problems with the quest. It's getting closer and closer to being problem-free, though...

rocksfan13
04-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Where are the new links? They aren't listed on the main page under newly added quests.

i second pika's comment. Voting is still messed up. How did his quest get a vote?

Nicholas Steel
04-25-2006, 09:44 AM
considering how unstable the site is at the moment... maybe a vote gets added to a quest upon it being added to the database.

rocksfan13
04-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Now, that's just not fair. Votes should be made by the quest players.

Tygore
04-25-2006, 11:12 AM
The main page updates are broken, and I dont know why. Keep in mind, I've never had access to the site before it was messed up, and have no clue as to why the code suddenly went all screwy. Also, I have finals coming up- so I'll do what I can, but I'll be able to devote much more energy to this in a couple of weeks.

elise
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Just do what you can ,thats already more then what happened the last 4 months , and now we know that there are people looking into the problem ,
We just be patient and give you the time you need to get it all sort out :)

rocksfan13
04-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Just do what you can ,thats already more then what happened the last 4 months , and now we know that there are people looking into the problem ,
We just be patient and give you the time you need to get it all sort out :)
Yes. I agree with elise.

A good idea would be to place a note on the main page to use the top ten list instead of the newest added section since it's broken.

Make it a lot easier. Also, where are the screenshots?

Pineconn
04-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Finals are more important than this, yes. :) Managing a website wouldn't be a good excuse for flunking a final ;)

rocksfan13
04-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Finals are more important than this, yes. :) Managing a website wouldn't be a good excuse for flunking a final ;)

Oh no. Keep them grades up! It can wait.