PDA

View Full Version : Secrtets

Van Halen Man
04-23-2006, 06:31 PM
The title of this is supposed to be secrets not secrtets bu anyways.Is there a way that I can make it so that when one of those statues that has the eye like cyclops can be shot and something will happen, like a whole appear or like in a link to the past to have a wall move to reveal a secret?

ShadowTiger
04-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Yep. They did it in Hero of Dreams, among other quests, so sure, you can do it.

You place Flag #4 #5 (Arrow.) on the statue's eye, or whichever combo uses it, and the secret flags on the the areas of the screen you want affected.

Go to Data-->Secret Combos and set the combo you want to be resulting from shooting it with an arrow under the arrow tab, (Set the top one; it corresponds to Flag #5.) and then set the secret flags 16-31 in the rightmost tab. Click each box and choose its cset (Keypad plus or minus.) and combo to be the result of when you've shot the eye.

EDIT: Right. #5 is the arrow. Sorry. XD

Van Halen Man
04-23-2006, 06:38 PM
What do you mean, set the secret flags 16-31. I know what your talking about they are in the misc tab. Im just not sure what you mean.

Pineconn
04-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Actually, #5 is the arrow. ;) When you trigger something on a screen, that will trigger the secret flags 16-31. If you want to make an arrow trigger a statue to make a block disappear, put flag 16 on the block and make secret combo 0 (which is flag 16) whatever you want to make the block do, like disappear. Do the rest described in BH4's post (flag 5 on the statue, etc.).

Van Halen Man
04-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok I think I get it, but I will probably have more questions about this subject.

Van Halen Man
04-24-2006, 04:44 PM
So how exactly do I make it so that when you ....lets just use burn for example something it triggers on of the flags on the misc tab?:confused:

Rakki
04-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Erm, what are you trying to ask? Are you asking how to trigger the Burn combo to show up after you burn something? Or are you asking how to trigger Secret Combos through burning something?

Nimono
04-24-2006, 06:24 PM
So how exactly do I make it so that when you ....lets just use burn for example something it triggers on of the flags on the misc tab?:confused:
NO. The Burn Flag triggers the combo on the Blue Candle square of the BURN tab. For each trigger flag (except Wand (not MAGIC, the Wand itself), Strike, and Hammer), there is a tab that goes with it.

Van Halen Man
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
So when I have a secret combo such as a burn flag on the sceen it just triggers what ever secret tile flag is on that screen? So you can't have more than 1 on a screen?:(

Nimono
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
So when I have a secret combo such as a burn flag on the sceen it just triggers what ever secret tile flag is on that screen? So you can't have more than 1 on a screen?:(
In 2.11, you can, but you need the Singular flags... Also, you CAN have more than one flag be triggered, and it uses TIERED SECRETS. Like this:

EXAMPLE

Place any trigger flag on a screen, say, flag 4, burn, on a "tree". Then put flag 16 on another tile, say, a "rock". Go to the secret combos menu and set the tiles for Blue Candle and Secret Flag 16 (the first square) (make it the same tile you put the flag on). Next, hold CTRL and click on the Flag 16 combo. Choose the Bomb flag. Set the secret combo for Bomb to something you can walk on, say, a staircase. In ZC, burn that tree, and then bomb the rock. Whatever you set as the secret combo for the Bomb (Any) flag should appear.

Van Halen Man
04-24-2006, 09:33 PM
I see. Thanks.

Van Halen Man
04-25-2006, 03:56 PM
OOOPs this was an accident. My modem turned off and I didn't know that I allready said thanks because the apge did not finish loading.:(