PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing about Boomerang

Nimono
04-23-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'll put it here. I've noticed that I CANNOT throw the boomerang northwest, but you're supposed to be able to throw it in all 8 directions in the original LoZ game, so why can't you throw it northwest?

ShadowTiger
04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I can't either. Been like this forever. Other people claim to be able to throw it NW, while not in another direction. It's rather odd, really.

Nimono
04-23-2006, 03:49 PM
I can't either. Been like this forever. Other people claim to be able to throw it NW, while not in another direction. It's rather odd, really.
Maybe it IS a bug. But then again, I don't remember ever being able to throw it diagonally in LoZ on the GBA....

ShadowTiger
04-23-2006, 03:51 PM
... Um ... This isn't Link's Awakening. This is The Legend Of Zelda on the NES. :blah: It's a Z1 Clone, nor a Z4 Clone. ^_^' You could do it in Z1, I believe.

Once again though, I'm not so sure that it's a "bug" because some people can throw it NW. If it's the same engine being downloaded by everyone, then the problem is on the user's end.

Nimono
04-23-2006, 03:54 PM
... Um ... This isn't Link's Awakening. This is The Legend Of Zelda on the NES. :blah: It's a Z1 Clone, nor a Z4 Clone. ^_^' You could do it in Z1, I believe.

Once again though, I'm not so sure that it's a "bug" because some people can throw it NW. If it's the same engine being downloaded by everyone, then the problem is on the user's end.
I know that. I said LEGEND OF ZELDA ON THE GAMEBOY ADVANCE. In other words, Classic NES Series: The Legend of Zelda. That is the ONLY way I've been able to play The Legend of Zelda. (I'm sorry about the caps, but that's my way of showing that certain words are VERY important.)

Rakki
04-23-2006, 05:53 PM
What about bolding or italicizing certain words? :p

And, this has to be a problem with your computer, pikaguy, cause I've always been able to throw the boomerang all 8 directions. Of course, I wasn't able to toss it all 8 directions when using the default keys, Alt & Ctrl, so the problem might be with the keys you've chosen to use.

Freedom
04-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I can throw it in all 8 directions, and have even forced players to in several of my quests to do it, I'm glad you pointed this out.

Pineconn
04-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Heh, that's funny. Can't finish a quest because you can't throw the boomerang NW. (Wouldn't make sense in real life, since you could throw it in infinite directions, but, hey. :shrug: What can you expect from a 2D game? )

I have no problem throwing the boomerang all 8 directions, either. Which direction does it go when you try to throw it NW?

Nicholas Steel
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
it all depends on keyboard limitations... try changing what keys your action keys are assigned to and try throwing it in all 8 directions...

i cant use z, x, c, v in a game or else i cant push down left and 1 of those keys listed before and another... because 1 key will just not work... i hate keyboard limitations.

was this message clear enough to understand what im talking about?

Exdeath
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Seems to be a keyboard problem. I've never used the keyboard to play, always a SNES gamepad (with USB adapter and Joy2Key). I have never had any directional problems.

ShadowTiger
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Of course, I wasn't able to toss it all 8 directions when using the default keys, Alt & Ctrl, so the problem might be with the keys you've chosen to use.Ah. o.o Well here we are then! I have Right Ctrl as "Sword" and Right Alt as "Item," ... so apparently, if you're having problems with your ctrl and alt keys as well, then maybe ctrl and alt are to blame. :shrug:

Nimono
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Ah. o.o Well here we are then! I have Right Ctrl as "Sword" and Right Alt as "Item," ... so apparently, if you're having problems with your ctrl and alt keys as well, then maybe ctrl and alt are to blame. :shrug:
I always stick to default controls for ZC, so I still have left alt as "A" and left ctrl as "B".

cbailey78
04-24-2006, 05:13 PM
That's weird! I can throw my boomerang at all 8 directions including Northwest. Lucky me!