PDA

View Full Version : Shutting Doors

Van Halen Man
04-22-2006, 10:18 PM
How Do I make it so that When you go into a room the door shuts. I think you have to make the next combo the closed door right? but then the door always closes before I get al the way into the room. And how do I make the door open back up after beatin':shakeno: the enimies?

Nimono
04-22-2006, 10:21 PM
How Do I make it so that When you go into a room the door shuts. I think you have to make the next combo the closed door right? but then the door always closes before I get al the way into the room. And how do I make the door open back up after beatin':shakeno: the enimies?
Sigh... You should read the help readme in ZQuest. It tells you how to do most of the things you're asking how to do. To make Shutters, use a Dungeon DMap. Go to Tools>Doors (or press D) and choose the side of the screen you want the shutter to appear in. Then choose Shutter or One-Way Shutter. One-Way Shuttersw are exactly like they sound. They shut behind you and never reopen.

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Well... technically, they can open, but only because of bugs. ;)

Van Halen Man
04-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm sorry Pikaguy900 if I'm asking too many questions. I didn't realize all these things were on the help thing. So you can't have the shutters anywhere.And thanks.

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 10:37 PM
You're not asking too many questions! You're a beginner. Whether you believe it or not, I couldn't make a quest if my life depended on it when I started. Now, I know 99.5% of what ZQuest has to offer. A few weeks of practice, and you'll be able to make a good quest. (My advice to you: Make one quest at a time. :) ) A few months of practice, you'll be experienced in combo cycling, secondary flags, and the such. And you'll probably have most of the flag numbers memorized. ;)

Van Halen Man
04-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks.:)

Nimono
04-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry Pikaguy900 if I'm asking too many questions. I didn't realize all these things were on the help thing. So you can't have the shutters anywhere.And thanks.
Hey, it's okay. I was the same way when I started playing ZC. But by reading all the threads this forum had to offer, I quickly found out a lot, including stuff like over-under bridges, NPCs, and much more! Of course, that help file sure does need a DRASTIC makeover. It's hard for me to understand!

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 10:52 PM
You were the same! :D I remember when you didn't know the difference between a dungeon and an overworld Dmap! But that's all in the past. :)

Van Halen Man
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I keep seeing NPC. what exactly does this stand for or mean. And is help thing ever going to get updated??

Nimono
04-22-2006, 10:57 PM
I keep seeing NPC. what exactly does this stand for or mean. And is help thing ever going to get updated??
NPC=Non-Player Character. You'd see that term used more in RPG games than other games. Why, I'll never know....

Van Halen Man
04-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks.:)