PDA

View Full Version : Stairs

Van Halen Man
04-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Why is it that when I use the stairs when ever I go up the stairs, where I placed the stair thing that is the yellow square ( on page 2 of the bottom menu with the rupee and all those other placement things)It always is green under it when I go up them while testing.:shakeno:

Rakki
04-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm not too sure what you're talking about it being green, but that type of staircase is only supposed to be placed when you want it to appear after blowing the whistle. For a regular staircase, you're supposed to place a combo of combo type "Stairs."

firefly
04-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes, or if you want stairs to appear after you defeat all enemies in the room open Secret combos under the data menu and move to Misc, then you will see a lot of black squares, you will see flags 16-31, click on the first square and select the stair combo you want, then click on Done and open screen flags, check "Enemies->Secret" and press done, then open flags (F8) and click on flag 16 and press ok and a flag will appear on the cursor, click on the place you want the stairs to appear.
Simple, hope that helps.

Van Halen Man
04-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks both of those replies help.:)

Pineconn
04-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Actually, I don't use the yellow flag anymore, I just use secret flags. I can't really trust it. ;)

Van Halen Man
04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
What exactly are the secret flags. They're on the misc tab on the secret combo menu right? but what are they for?

DeFray
04-25-2006, 03:05 PM
READ THE TUTORIALS ;)

Whenever something happens on a screen to trigger secret combos, all secret combos on the screen will appear. Things that trigger secrets range from using a bomb on the Bomb flag, to killing all enemies in a room where the Enemies->Secret room data is set. The most important things to remember are simply that every secret combo on a screen is triggered at once, and there are many ways to trigger them.

Secret combos allow you to change any combo on the screen into another combo. So if you have the Enemies->Secret box checked in Screen Data for a screen... and you go to Data->Secret Combos on that screen and set a staircase combo as the first secret combo in the 16*16 box... and you go into the Flags menu (F8) and find the flag for the first secret (flag 16) and set it on top of a floor tile...
Then when you kill all the enemies, the Enemies->Secrets room data will trigger secrets on that screen. Any combo on the screen with a secret combo set to it will transform into the secret combo. In this case, that floor tile will transform into a staircase.

Flags like "Bomb" and "Slash" will trigger secrets when hit with the weapon they say on them.

Van Halen Man
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok I get it, thanks.:)