PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Heavens Demo

Pineconn
04-20-2006, 12:40 PM
At last, I have created a demo for my current quest, Link to the Heavens! Don't expect for it to be an extremely long demo, but maybe an hour at most. This is for version 2.10.

Download it HERE (http://filer.case.edu/dpf4/LttH_demo.qst) (1.93 MB) (You may have to right-click and select Save Target As)

Screenshots:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/LttHdemo.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/Cave.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/Chodina.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/MiseryMire.png

Description:

Not much, but there are two portions to the demo. If you choose Play Demo, you'll start out in the field, which isn't actually where you start out in the actual game. You'll have 8 bombs, the sword, and 1/2 a potion. After you complete Level 1 and enter Level 2, the demo ends. Or, you can choose the Features section, where you'll go through 6 of the many features that make my quest up. It lasts about 5 minutes.

Credits:

- Me, for the demo, Level 1 music, and Hyrule Field music.
- My brother, Dan, for Chodina Swamp music, boss music, and Hestone Mountain music.
- B1itz Lunar (at vgmusic.com) for the cave music.
- Any other people for the other random MIDIs!

I do not allow you to rip any of the music. Considering this is a demo, not the actual game, it wouldn't be right for your quest to have music before mine. Again, do not rip the music.

Enjoy the demo! :)

EDIT 10/16/2007

My quest is almost done. Expect it to be released soon!!

cbailey78
04-20-2006, 04:34 PM
How did you get it to push BIG combos like the big gravestone?

Rakki
04-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Wow, this looks cool. But, argh! Version! :p Heh, also, maybe you should let people know to right-click and "Save As" to download the demo. I've had my computer freeze on me when my browser tried opening a quest file before. ^_^;

Pineconn
04-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Ah, version! Forgot that! :D I can download it with left-clicking, though... Hm, I'll just put that right now.

How did you get it to push BIG combos like the big gravestone?
Combo cycling. ;) Very tedious combo cycling. :scared:

DarkFlameWolf
04-20-2006, 10:20 PM
I usually don't bother with that type of combo cycling. :P

cbailey78
04-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Boy, you are a GOD!

Pineconn
04-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Well, I thought that once you stood at the front of the tombstone, then it was pushed with no animation, it wouldn't seem right. So, this fixes it. But, in retrospect, I don't think it was really too worth it to have spent the time to make 6 separate smooth combos. But, whatever. :shrug: Perhaps it was. (Then again, the thing in Level 6 took about as long to make, with double the combos... ;) You'll like it when the final version is released.)

Anyway! Good to see you like it. :)

BTW... It may not be obvious, but you can actually heal yourself in the inns' beds. Just "get under the covers." ;)

cbailey78
04-22-2006, 01:18 AM
I love that demo!

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Save a little "love" for when I truly release it! If this is just a demo... ;)

Dan Furst
04-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Everybody play this demo!

Hey Pineconn, that new midi I told you about is ready. I'll have to catch you online sometime.

dafeedil
04-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Looking good, Pine!!!!! I can't wait, your End of Time was one of my fave games!! ;)

Pineconn
04-29-2006, 02:52 PM
I hope I'm not using a different designing technique in this quest, then! It's not very difficult, but it's not easy. I'll need a beta tester later, too. That's how serious I am getting rid of all the bugs. (But not until I'm done.) Thanks, Dan and dafeedil, for your appraisal. :)

Remember that this is only a demo of the first 5% of the game. The later 94% is much more interesting. I took out the first 1%, which includes the intro and the town. Level 8 is my most prized dungeon. It's sort of like the Palace of Winds from Minish Cap.

dafeedil
04-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Pine, let me know, I'd love to beta test for you!

Pineconn
04-29-2006, 03:06 PM
"Beta test," in my mind, means to test it with a 'fine-tooth comb.' That is, not just play it, but also try to mess it up. Write down mistakes, give feedback, have suggestions, etc. If you don't mind doing this, you'd be perfect to beta test my quest. But again, not for another 2 months or so. ;)

EDIT - JANUARY 2007 - Due to... circumstances... my quest will probably not be done for another few months. I promise it will be out before... 2008!!!!

dafeedil
04-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok, Pine, just let me know:)

Hohummmmm, 2 more months...I guess I can wait...

Zelda_Warrior
05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
What the hell do you EXACTLY mean by 'features' o.o

I've sever seen something like it before.

Pineconn
05-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Features is a section that shows you some original things that are in my quest. It's a five minute deal, but is a relatively interesting section of the demo. No, you haven't seen it before. ;)

bluedeath
07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
wow end of time = D i havent played that for ages i got stuck on lvl 4 lol

Pineconn
07-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Level 4 of End of Time? That wasn't too hard... Of course, how could my own quest be difficult to myself? ;)

Well, I'm getting close to done with Level 8 of Link to the Heavens. After, I need to make one screen of the overworld, then Level 9, the final boss (which will be custom), and credits. By the way, July 16th marked my second year of making this quest... So I suppose today is the 373rd day! (Yay?)

erm2003
07-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Glad to see you have been sticking to it. I am looking forward to playing it once it's completed!

Pineconn
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM
That's welcomed news to hear. :) Why would I scrap it after a year's worth of work? It's really worth the work when you're done and somebody likes it. It won't be out for a couple months, maybe 3, though.

I plan on remaking End of Time when I'm completely done, too, using the Pure Tileset. It'll be a little more difficult. Then, I'll start preparing for my 3rd and likely final quest, which will be my absolute best work. Of course, that will take two years to make. ;)

erm2003
07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
It's not that you would scrap it. A lot of people, including myself, start quests but then just don't get around to actually finishing them. I have had another one in the works for a couple years, but I just haven't had time to work on it more. Return to the Dark World was a 2 year project for me, only because I didn't finish the final few levels for over a year after the other areas. It happens. But I remember playing End of Time and I enjoyed it so I am looking forward to Link to the Heavens.

Pineconn
07-24-2006, 09:43 PM
The name "End of Time" had absolutely no tie-in to the game. As a matter of fact, the game had no storyline. There is indeed a storyline to LttH, and the title is relevant to the game. The storyline isn't as evolved as, say, an official Zelda game, but is at least present. I will make my 3rd quest have an evolving storyline, and End of Time DX (which will be the title of the remake, I suppose) will have a storyline.

Enough of that junk. :) It's great that you look forward to LttH. (When I type that, my fingers want to type "LttP." :tongue: )

DarkFlameWolf
01-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Pineconn, this is excellent work, I really want to see the finished product. I pray Lost Isle isn't finished before this, because I wouldn't want to steal the thunder from this marvelous quest. Everyone play this!

Pineconn
01-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks! As a matter of fact, I'm working on it this minute! I'm currently building Level 9 (it has 105 rooms, just to let you know). Later I will design the custom final boss, the credits, then something I won't tell you quite yet. I want it to be a shock :shocking: /twist. ;)

I'm kind of in a designer's slump, though. I haven't done much work on it until this week. (By the way, I blame Twilight Princess.) Now that I've beaten it almost twice, I will now go back to regular designing.

But that end boss is going to be a pain to make...