PDA

View Full Version : tiles

Ares
04-20-2006, 07:46 AM
can you change the colors and overall look of any tile? could you change what link and his weapon/items look like?

DeFray
04-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah, easily. This is the sort of thing that you could find in many tutorials-explanations of how to change the look of tiles.

The basic way is to go to Quest->Graphics->Tiles, page down to the tile you want to edit, double-click it and edit it. Simple as pie.

If you don't feel like much of an artist (I'm nowhere near good enough to make all my tiles look better) try a site like purezc.com, where they have lots of custom-drawn tiles, totally free to download.

Ares
04-20-2006, 12:07 PM
cool but do i have to change to it on every sprite? :D

DeFray
04-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Sprites don't look at specific tiles, they look at tile positions. So for example the tiles for Link go from about tile number four to tile number thirty-six, depending on what kind of tileset you're using. If you go into the Tiles menu and change the tile for Link walking down, say tile 6, then that will automatically be the new tile for Link walking down because ZC will use tile 6 when Link walks downward regardless of what tile 6 is.

If you download a tileset or import a graphics pack then all the item sprites and such will automatically be set up the new way. You won't need to go through and change them all.

firefly
04-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Heh, try downloading this (http://www.filelodge.com/files/room18/458063/AlphadawgsTutorial.zip) tutorial, unzip it in an empty folder and open index.htm.