PDA

View Full Version : Din graphics

triforceholder
04-19-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm trying to make a replica of Oracle of Seasons. Does anyone have any ideas for how to make the graphics look like Din? Every Time I try, It doesn't look right. If you do, could you show me?

Nimono
04-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm trying to make a replica of Oracle of Seasons. Does anyone have any ideas for how to make the graphics look like Din? Every Time I try, It doesn't look right. If you do, could you show me?
I keep telling you: GO to purezc.com and look for tiles. That's where you'll find everything you need. That's where I got MY tiles....

triforceholder
04-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Sorry. I haven't looked through the site yet. I will now.

Nimono
04-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry. I haven't looked through the site yet. I will now.
Good. Remember that site, so you can look there when you need tiles. That way, you won't flood this forum with posts looking for tiles so you can make your own version of OoS. And by the way, if you're looking to make an EXACT relpica of Oracle of Seasons, know this: It's impossible to do right now.

triforceholder
04-19-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm Trying to make a replica the best I can. So far I'm up to the third duengon.

And the tiles I want are NOT there, so if you have any ideas, tell me.

Nimono
04-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm Trying to make a replica the best I can. So far I'm up to the third duengon.

And the tiles I want are there, so if you have any ideas, tell me.
Well, first off, I believe that it is currently possible to make an almost-exact replica of OoS, but it's complicated. You'll need to warp to new DMaps AND maps after each dungeon so you can simulate the events that happen. Everytime an event happens, you must warp to a new map. Second, make the Magnetic Gloves the Hookshot, so you can pull yourself to the metal "S" blocks around Subrosia. Third, make the Rod of Seasons the Whistle. Make sure you make the progression of Seasons happen as you get each season infused into the Rod (i.e., when you use warps to change the seasons, make sure the seasons go as far as the seasons already infused in the Rod, so if you only have Winter, make sure that only Winter comes). Fourth, use CUSTOM BOSSES FOR EVERY BOSS. The bosses in OoS were harder and much more resilient than in LoZ, so use Custom Bosses so Aquamentus and Dodongo can be like they were in OoS, not LoZ. Fifth, remember that the Power Bracelet in ZC is different from the one in OoS, so find a way to use that to your advantage...

triforceholder
04-21-2006, 03:20 PM
First off, I don't really understand the instructions I have for a custom Boss. I started (or rather found on my computer) using v1.84 about a quarter year ago, and signed up a couple weeks ago, so I don't really understand things very well yet. If you understand how, could you explain to me how to make a Custom Boss?
I don't know how to make cutscenes either. Right Now I'm Attempting to make a title screen, of which I'm going to make the graphics and put them on a new map, Check the invisible link icon in the screen data, and set a warp to the starting Area. Would that work?

Also in my last post, I meant to say that the tiles I wanted are not at purezc.com.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

firefly
04-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Arghhhh!!! I hate the ":confused:" smiley!!! (don't worry, you can still use it, I hate it when it comes from questions like "wehn is twin light prinses relli comeing cus i wan topaly it")
Well, anyway, yes, that will work, that's the way starting screens are made, look in idontknow's tutorial, you can find it in idontknow's signature (search in the members list)
If not look for LinktheMaster's tutorial, I hope I can provide you with both links. :)

Nimono
04-21-2006, 04:03 PM
First off, I don't really understand the instructions I have for a custom Boss. I started (or rather found on my computer) using v1.84 about a quarter year ago, and signed up a couple weeks ago, so I don't really understand things very well yet. If you understand how, could you explain to me how to make a Custom Boss?
I don't know how to make cutscenes either. Right Now I'm Attempting to make a title screen, of which I'm going to make the graphics and put them on a new map, Check the invisible link icon in the screen data, and set a warp to the starting Area. Would that work?

Also in my last post, I meant to say that the tiles I wanted are not at purezc.com.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Custom bosses are EXTREMELY hard toc make. That is why I have yet to make them. Fortunately, I understand them. All you need is Combo cycling for the movement, and you can either use combo cycling or warps to simulate the attacks. I'd suggest using combo cycling for the attacks, unless you want to have a boss that can heal itself everytime it attacks. Also, with combo cycling, you can have many different attacks, but in only one pattern...

triforceholder
04-23-2006, 02:07 PM
What about layers? No matter how many times I read the turitorials and help files, I still don't understand what the layers are/how to use them.:googly:

Nimono
04-23-2006, 02:15 PM
What about layers? No matter how many times I read the turitorials and help files, I still don't understand what the layers are/how to use them.:googly:
The layers are where you put the boss (if the boss is like one of the enemies in that there's a "nothing" color surrounding it. It wouldn't look right if the boss was surrounded by nothing but black (unless that's the color of the floor).

Oh, and, about cutscenes:
You need combo cycling, the "Invisible Link" Flag check, and the "No Subscreen" flag checked. You don't really need the Invisible Link flag if you put the cutscene on Layer 3.

ShadowTiger
04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Okay. Here's a little something that should make the concept -very- simple. Just follow these directions and take what you will out of it.

1) Go to any random blank (Unused) screen on any random map.

2) Select any random combo. Anything, so long as it's not blank.

3) Click in the screen to place those combos. Draw a lot of 'em in random patterns just to place a lot of them on the screen.

4) In the lower left corner of the screen, you'll see the minimap. Record the map number and screen number you see. (Like, on a piece of paper, or in your head, etc.)

5) Go to another screen. Any other screen, it doesn't matter, so long as it already has combos on it. Anything.

6) Go to Data-->Layer Put in as any layer (But only one column.) the map and screen coordinates of the screen you were just on, then hit enter or Okay.

You should see the combos you randomly drew appear on the screen you're on now. Note that you can't interact with them from where you are now. You'd have to go back to that screen, or click the little circle corresponding to that layer on the layer panel to do that. You'll learn that via experimentation though. Press Pagedown or Pageup a few times and see what happens. :p

Layer 0 is what you draw on in the main ZQuest Screen. It's what you place combos on. It's the only layer where you can interact with combo type. (Direct warp, damage, stairs, etc.)
Layers 1 and 2 are similar to Layer 0 in that Link walks over them, (Walkability is also detected, and works just the same way as layer 0.) But combo types don't affect link from here. If a Damage combo is on layer 1, and Link walks "over" it, he won't be damaged. However, if that combo on layer 1 is unwalkable, Link will be stopped by it just as well as if it was on layer 0. Same for Layer 2, except layer 2 is on top of layer 1, but still under Link.

Layers 3 and 4 go above link, but underneath flying enemies. An archway, for example. Walkability and Combo type are completely ignored.

Layers 5 and 6 go above everything. Only layer 5 goes under something, and that's layer 6. These are usually used for weather.

triforceholder
04-25-2006, 03:31 PM
This does't have to do with zelda, but i just noticed that one of your screenshots had a picture of missingno. Do you know where to find it? (And yes, I know what it can do to my game, but I still want to catch it:) )