PDA

View Full Version : shops

Ares
04-18-2006, 05:27 PM
On the dmap menu does it have to be over level 1 for the shops to work. and what would other levels be for?:(

(Van Halen Man is my Uncle, seriously):cool:

Nimono
04-18-2006, 05:30 PM
On the dmap menu does it have to be over level 1 for the shops to work. and what would other levels be for?:(

It has to be over level ZERO for almost all of the room types to work! 1-8 are Triforce levels, 9 is for the final dungeon, and 10+ are for extra dungeons or making an overworld that you can use guys, shops, and other stuff on.

Van Halen Man
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes, I'm his uncle.

Rakki
04-18-2006, 05:41 PM

If you're having trouble getting shops to work on Level 0, it's because of the way the original LoZ used shops. On dmaps with Level 0, you have to enter a "Cave/Item room" to get people, strings and shops, money making games, etc. to show up. To do this, simply place a combo with a warp type on it (like "Cave (Walk Down)") on a screen, then go to "Data -> Tile Warp" and set the dmap to the one it's supposed to be on, and the screen number to 80. Set the Guy, the String and the Room and Shop type like you normally would (I assume you know how to do this), and when you go into the cave, it'll work.

Ares
04-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks alot Rakki !!! youve been really helpful!!!!! :D

Cloral
04-18-2006, 05:55 PM
No actually you want to set the tile warp to the 'cave' type. This ignores the destination set there and always sends you to room 80 of the current map where the guy will be waiting for you. (I think 'cave' isn't what it is actually called, and I'm at work so I can't check right this minute. It's the first option in the list)

Ares
04-18-2006, 06:03 PM
cloral, thanks!

Rakki
04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I didn't bother mentioning the warp type since it's default IS Cave/Item room. But I've found that unless I set the screen number to 80, it takes me to a completely empty cave room? Hmm, maybe I just messed up somewhere or something...

Ares
04-19-2006, 08:48 AM
if you figure it out can you please reply ;)

Rakki
04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
If leaving the screen number as 00 works, then don't bother with it. I just haven't tried making a cave warp in a while, so, yeah. :p

Ares
04-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Sweet!!!!! thanks ive finnaly got my shop to work !!!!! thanks rakki,pikaguy,& cloral :D