PDA

View Full Version : How was ZC made?

Nimono
04-18-2006, 04:08 PM
This is a question I've been wondering about for a little while (and I don't expect an answer, but I WOULD like to know):

How was ZC made? Was it made with those "level editor" things you can get on certain sites or what?

Tygore
04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
No. It was coded from scratch in C.

Nimono
04-18-2006, 04:13 PM
No. It was coded from scratch in C.
What I meant was, what program was used to make it? Sorry if I wasn't clear on that, and before you say ANYTHING about why I want to know, here's why:
I'm EXTREMELY curious. There's not much you can tell me that I don't say "Why?" to. SERIOUSLY.

Rakki
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I can't say the specific program they used, because I don't know, but I'm positive it was written in a C compiler. It was probably more likely written in a C++ compiler, actually, since those are backwards compatible with C code. This (http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html) is where I got my compiler. It compiles C, C++ and even ASM (of which, I believe Zelda Classic uses some).

MottZilla
04-18-2006, 05:10 PM
ZC was at one point, made in DJGPP with allegro. I'm unaware of what is used right now. ZC also had earlier incarnations made on other platforms. If you just want to know how to make your own game, read up on programming in Basic or C. I'd advise trying a simple and direct setup like BlitzBasic 2D.

Nicholas Steel
04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
www.bloodshed.net

has a good free c c++ compiler amongst several other things.

Rakki
04-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Lol, that's what I linked to, franpa. :googly:

Nicholas Steel
04-19-2006, 03:42 AM
O_o i never checked your link out.

granite
04-19-2006, 01:02 PM
This is a question I've been wondering about for a little while (and I don't expect an answer, but I WOULD like to know):

How was ZC made? Was it made with those "level editor" things you can get on certain sites or what?

God made it, of course !

Tygore
04-19-2006, 01:43 PM
And God said, "Let there be a program for the computer, and let it be Zelda, and with it comes a simple to use yet amazingly complex level editor." And there was Zelda Classic. And God saw that the Zelda was good.

That's what was supposed to happen on the seventh day of creation, but God didn't feel like explaining to Moses what a Computer was.

MottZilla
04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
That's all wrong, it was made in a dark laboratory on a stormy night. Phantom Menace created a monster.