PDA

View Full Version : Loading single tiles

Van Halen Man
04-18-2006, 03:43 PM
How do I load tiles that I downloaded as opposed to whole tilesets?

triforceholder
04-18-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure, but try opening the tileset in a new quest, copying all the graphics and info. about it. Then add it to your quest.

Rakki
04-18-2006, 05:27 PM
He said TILES triforce holder, not tileSETS. And if you don't know the answer to the question, why'd you bother posting? :confused:

Anyway... To load single tiles into your quest, Van Halen Man, go to "Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles" and then scroll down to a page with a number of blank tiles (enough blank tiles for the number of single tiles you want to load into your quest). Click on the first blank tile you want to use, then click the Grab button. Click the File button, choose the file you want to load tiles from, and then click the top-left most tile, hold down the Shift key, and drag the selection square so that it's big enough to fit all the tiles you want inside it. Then click okay, and it'll load those tiles to your quest.

If you want to grab the colors as well, go to "Quest -> Graphics -> Palettes -> Levels" and choose an empty palette, then click the Grab button, choose a file to rip colors from, then choose the individual Csets you want to grab (you can only choose them one-by-one, not all at once like with tile ripping). Hope all this helps. ;)

Van Halen Man
04-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks again Rakki.