PDA

View Full Version : Loading original games from .exe ?

weave
04-18-2006, 11:42 AM
i was wondering if it is possible to incorporate into future versions of ZC the ability to run original quests from a stand alone .exe file, forgoing the need to launch ZC beforehand. I am very new to this program, but am intrigued by the idea that people could be able to use ZC as a kind of 'game creater' type software.

Sorry if this question has come up a lot...

Thanks ;)

Dark Nation
04-18-2006, 01:53 PM
This feature is available via commandline switches in the beta version.

weave
04-20-2006, 02:43 PM
great stuff, will check it out now...

Not really sure about creative flexibility of this program yet, but initial impressions look promising. Thanks for responding to a total ignoramous :D

weave
04-20-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm really looking for something that will help me create an 8 bit, adventure type game, with the odd ememy to smite, something a bit like zelda :rolleyes: but with a totally original tile set. Something to show off to friends, and impress the girlfriend ;) Zquest so far looks like it fits the bill, since i have little programming experience (some basic when I was a kid)...

Keep questing! :)

PS, is the website background part of a tileset that people have used w/ Zquest? The graphics look pretty high res!

firefly
04-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Heh, do you know PureZC (www.purezc.com)? you can find some things that will help you on your quest.
And if you have one one of the betas, like 2.11 beta 10 you can do EVEN more things, and you can help to find bugs. ;)
Also, check Alphadawg's tutorial (http://www.filelodge.com/files/room18/458063/AlphadawgsTutorial.zip) to know more about the basics of Zelda Classic.
Unzip the .zip in an empty folder and open index.htm