PDA

View Full Version : Rakki Inquires: More than one Gimmick for L2?

ShadowTiger
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Anyway, the reason I asked about the builders was because of Level 2. Perhaps we should make it a joint effort, so that all the builders can get their gimmicks out in the dungeon? Like, maybe it could be broken into 3+ parts, in which everyone gets an equal number of rooms? Unless somebody DOESN'T want to work on Level 2, in which case, I guess it would be left to either 1 or 2 people (depending on if just one or both of the other two remaning people wanted to work on it). I mean, a basic timeline for the dungeon would have to be followed (a timeline of which rooms the player goes in and when, I mean), but apart from that, the builders could freely express themselves. Sound like a good idea?

Discuss. :p

Basically, -I- personally want to stick with the current operational idea, but if you guys find something better, I'd ditch these plans in an instant, provided that the idea that you can come up with works. I'd rather more people like the idea than not, so...
But I really want some heavy discussion and collaboration, not just some suggestions being thrown out there, okay? If you have an idea, it'd be in your best interest to provide examples, a map mockup, (Unnecessary, but I'll love you if you have one on hand. :p ) the method for operating the gimmick as well as all other gimmicks conneted to it, etc. No suggestion on its own.
Assuming you actually want to do this, ... ... ... Alright, good luck guys. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just remember to please work quickly. We ARE on a time limit, supposedly. :p Don't let it sit idle. This is your part of the project. I'm still designing the quest template here. The faster you guys work, the faster we'll have a level 2.

Rakki
04-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey, my name isn't "Rakki Elsewhere!" :p But seriously, let me clarify what I was getting at there. I'd like to see everyone able to get their ideas for the whole Fire and Ice motif out, rather than letting just one person have all the fun of building the dungeon. :p I think that's what ShadowTiger was asking us to discuss, but, if not, then, that's what I was asking about.

ShadowTiger
04-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey, my name isn't "Rakki Elsewhere!" :pHeh. If I'd put "Rakki, Elsewhere" in there, it would have said "Rakki @ Elsewhere" ... That's not quite what I'd wanted, obviously. *lol* ... Or was it! >.>

Well it can be anything. If someone had a better idea for L2 than what we have right now, and it Really WORKS, I see no reason not to implement it. > >. If they think they can handle it, then they can work on it. o.o

Shoelace
04-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Well you said that you want the dungeon to be similar to HoD L4, where you can backtrack all over the level as it changes. If there are many people working on this one level, it will be really confusing in my opinion. There has to be planning for this level to a tee if you want to get this to work. But if you really want to do it that way, I am sure it can be done, it will just have to be organized heavily.

Rakki
04-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I figure, as long as we have a map of when the player should go through each room, we'll be able to plan them independantly, for the most part. I mean, we will have to make sure that our alternate paths (for when the player is going back through rooms) line up with each other, but, other than that, it should be fine.

ShadowTiger
04-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Regarding Shoelace's post, this is why I really wanted to stick to the Fire/Ice Dungeon. The overall concept is definitely down, and it's functional. Functionality is key. All we need now is a map of the dungeon, plan out the routes, and get a boss concept and graphics for it all, and it's definitely a real working dungeon.

The conditions for this "Multiple Gimmick or dungeon constructor personnel" thread are rather difficult to get right, but if it can be done, I'd love to see a presentation on it. Good luck getting it to work though. :blah:

It'll more than likely end up being the fire/ice temple. ... But hey, ... that's a challenge to you. ;)

Rakki
04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Well, that post helped clear things up. Go back and read what I said right after you posted this topic, ST. ;) I think the Fire/Ice works fine, I was just suggesting that everyone get to put their Fire/Ice tricks into the dungeon, rather than having one dedicated builder get to come up with everything. :p

Shoelace
04-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Oh okay. Yeah, I think that would work then. I bet if we were to come up with some puzzles each it work out to be a great dungeon. Anyways, we are going to have to do some big plans for it, so it can work. But I am all for it.