PDA

View Full Version : Tile maker ?s

triforceholder
04-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Right now the quest I am making is a copy of Oracle Of Seasons. There are some Tiles that I would like to know how to make:

- The Lava in subrosia
- The subrosians themselves
- The rod of seasons and stump
- The Giant traps that constantly follow a path
- Faceade in level 2 & Onix's Castle
- The trampolines
- The platforms that let you jump over gaps
- The trap that follows a circular path in level 3
- Cracked floors
- The owl statues
- The Maku Tree
- Faroe & Din
- Onix
- Cuccos
- Signs that you can read
- Pots
- Buttons
- Thwomps
- Pits that take uo to the next floor down

If you know how to make any of these, tell me please

Nimono
04-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Right now the quest I am making is a copy of Oracle Of Seasons. There are some Tiles that I would like to know how to make:

- The Lava in subrosia
- The subrosians themselves
- The trampolines
- Cracked floors
- The owl statues
- The Maku Tree
- Faroe & Din
- Onix
- Cuccos
- Signs that you can read
- Pots
- Buttons
- Thwomps
- Pits that take uo to the next floor down

If you know how to make any of these, tell me please
Ha, I was going to make an EXACT replica of that game, but ZC has its limits. You can't have Facade. You can't have the owl statues. You can't have Thwomps. You can't have pits WITH the animations. You can't have the traps you want (you can in 2.11 Beta 10b, though!). You can't have the Roc's Feather. To put it simply, you can't make much of anything OoS has. YET. You can get the tiles at purezc.com, though. Look for them.

Bull Bizard
04-17-2006, 04:25 PM
If you have the rom on your computer you can rip the images.
Take the screenshots you want and save them as pictures in windows.
Use grab on the tileset editor of Zquest to rip graphics from a screenshot.

triforceholder
04-17-2006, 04:28 PM
How do I do all that? And I juse have a cartrige and a gameshark that I can take screenshots with, and then restore them (load that point back up).

Nimono
04-17-2006, 04:59 PM
How do I do all that? And I juse have a cartrige and a gameshark that I can take screenshots with, and then restore them (load that point back up).
You can download ROMs of games you can buy and play on systems on certain websites. All you need is the ROM and the emulator of the system the game can be found on. Oh, and just know this: it's easier to get the tileset at PureZC. It's called the Comprehensive Gameboy Tileset. It has tiles from Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons.

Sir_Johnamus
04-17-2006, 05:47 PM
- The Lava in subrosia - Layer 1: Graphic with Direct Warp Layer 2: Damage 1/2 heart. Set the tilewarp to the same screen with the lava in it.
- The subrosians themselves - See the sign one below, but make the sign graphic the subbrosians combo.
- The trampolines
- Cracked floors - make the cracked floor tile a trigger and then make the secret combo a different cracked floor combo with the same graphic. Make this combo's Aframe 1. Then make its Aspeed 180. Then make the "NEXT" combo the pit.
- The owl statues
- The Maku Tree
- Faroe & Din
- Onix
- Cuccos
- Signs that you can read - Make a combo with the same graphic as the ground around it and make this a bush combo. Set the undercombo as a stairs and tilewarp to an identical screen. On layer 3, cover up 6&7th tile from the bottom and 7&8th tile from the sides. Then make the guy "FIRE" and set the string. make the tiles around the sign stairs combos that warp back to the original screen. Also on the new screen, check the box by "NO SUBSCREEN" in screen data.
- Pots - Make the pot graphic's combo to flowers. Set an undercombo.
- Buttons - Make the graphic's combo into trigger perm or temp. This will activate secret combos.
- Thwomps
- Pits that take uo to the next floor down - make the pit tile's combo to stairs and make the tilewarp to the screen supposed to be under it.
There's my 2 cents.