PDA

View Full Version : Apologies...

Anthus
04-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I see that you guys have gotten fairly for into this project, and I haven't done anything to help you guys since you started. I guess I just kinda forgot since the this wasn't at PureZC, and I had other things on my mind, but spring break is here now so I got loads of free time.

At any rate, I still am available to help out on the overworld design (In ZC, of course) if that position isn't already taken. I saw the set Gashin made, and it looks like a simple set that can still produce a exceptionally kick-arse screen; like the BS set...

So, yeah... Sorry BH4/ ShadowTiger, and anyone else...

ShadowTiger
04-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Dude. There's nothing to apologize for. Very kind of you to start thinking about it. When I can finally finish the overworld design, I'll only need a path through the mountains and to the final palace.

Okay, have you ever played Shoelace's Hero Of Dreams? Ever been to L4: Cerbat Shrine? Note the complexity of your path through the level. THAT is what I'm looking for in design.

Rakki
04-17-2006, 01:51 AM
I was wondering what happened to you over at Pure, Tobias. Didn't know you were to work on NeoFirst as well, though. :p Anyway, this topic raises a question for me. Who are the confirmed builders of the quest so far, BH4?

ShadowTiger
04-17-2006, 12:58 PM
... ... SHADOWTIGER http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_aggravated.gif ... ...

Well, I'm sort of doing this freeform. At the moment, I'm the only one "working" on the actual quest file itself, as we need a fully functional tileset that everyone can use for the "general" portions of the quest. When someone is working on their area of the quest, they can do whatever they want with the portions of the combo page allotted to them. (Or do as they wish with it. Otherwise I wouldn't let anyone touch it. :p ) So whoever's working on it hasn't touched it yet.

So far, I have Espilan, Saffith, and (Hopefully soon.) Midiman/Dechipher contributing midis, and Shoelace, Rakki, and Rex Zemenheart/Tobias Daboi working on the quest itself, though that's only from memory. If you want to work on something, remind me again here.

Rakki
04-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I may be one of the midi contributors, if I come up with anything I think is good enough.

Anyway, the reason I asked about the builders was because of Level 2. Perhaps we should make it a joint effort, so that all the builders can get their gimmicks out in the dungeon? Like, maybe it could be broken into 3+ parts, in which everyone gets an equal number of rooms? Unless somebody DOESN'T want to work on Level 2, in which case, I guess it would be left to either 1 or 2 people (depending on if just one or both of the other two remaning people wanted to work on it). I mean, a basic timeline for the dungeon would have to be followed (a timeline of which rooms the player goes in and when, I mean), but apart from that, the builders could freely express themselves. Sound like a good idea?