PDA

View Full Version : Combo Alias Page?

ShadowTiger
04-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Is it just me, or could the Combo Alias page -REALLY- use a system similar to that of the normal Combo page, where you can move around and swap the positions of combo aliases? To move things around, you need to edit them and turn them into the other, rather than actually moving them. It'd dramatically tedius at the moment, and you can't really organize them at all!

Considering the amount of Aliases NeoFirst will be employing, I think this would be quite the considerable benefit to the casual ZQuester as well.

A Copy/Paste feature would be nice as well, at least. Take a look at all the possible combinations of trees you could have:

[22:56] <ShadowTiger> Well, thing about the trees, .. well, ..
[22:56] <ShadowTiger> Look how many there are!
[22:56] <ShadowTiger> And look how many Csets you have!
[22:56] <ShadowTiger> You have like, ten different trees,
[22:56] <ShadowTiger> three to five different terrain types,
[22:56] <ShadowTiger> three or four (I've seen four. Yeah.) Csets, ...
[22:56] <ShadowTiger> Boy. :p
[22:57] <ShadowTiger> @math 10 * 4 * 4
[22:57] <WildBillBot> 10 * 4 * 4 = 160

idontknow
04-15-2006, 11:45 PM
^AGREED! Perhaps a 'View Allias' page which is ultimately like the combo editor page, where you see all the combo alliases as thumbnails. You could right click one to copy, paste, cut, or delete it. Then an "Edit Allias' page which opens up one single allias to actually edit like it currently does now.

Rakki
04-16-2006, 12:24 AM
How about, when we press O on the Combo page, it switches from combos to Aliases? :p

ShadowTiger
04-16-2006, 04:49 PM
How about, when we press O on the Combo page, it switches from combos to Aliases? :pHeh. "too confusing," I'd say. People might get confused as to which they're referring to. IMHO, we should just turn the present Combo Alias page (Quest--><....something>-->Combo Aliases) into the new Combo Page. Maybe make all the red empty boxes green instead of red to signify that it's the Combo Alias Page instead of the normal Combo page? :shrug: Just a thought.

Perhaps a 'View Alias' page which is ultimately like the combo editor page, where you see all the combo aliases as thumbnails. You could right click one to copy, paste, cut, or delete it. Then an "Edit Alias" page which opens up one single alias to actually edit like it currently does now.The only difference between that and the real combo page editor, would be the act of editing an individual alias, (Or, hopefully, in the future, more than one alias at a time. ;) ) and the thumbnail. Would be a dream, man. :)

Rakki
04-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Heh. "too confusing," I'd say. People might get confused as to which they're referring to. IMHO, we should just turn the present Combo Alias page (Quest--><....something>-->Combo Aliases) into the new Combo Page. Maybe make all the red empty boxes green instead of red to signify that it's the Combo Alias Page instead of the normal Combo page? :shrug: Just a thought.
If that happened, then we could probably have the O key switch between the two, lol. It would also help if it said "Alias" somewhere on the screen, so you know you're editing aliases.

WindStrike
04-17-2006, 06:45 AM
It'd also be great if it showed the coordinates of each individual tile.
Ex: (even if ya probably already get it, I'll put it anyways)
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Then, of course, the tiles are in the middle area. Thing is, sometimes, I can't tell where the tile is when I'm creating something like wind.

ShadowTiger
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
The cursor turns into the combos, WindStrike. If I've understood your post, then you needn't fear, for it automatically displays the cursor in the form of the combos to be placed. You can switch the placement of the combos on the screen relative to the cursor itself (The little white "x" ) via the spacebar.

If that happened, then we could probably have the O key switch between the two, lol. It would also help if it said "Alias" somewhere on the screen, so you know you're editing aliases.Isn't this pretty much what you said earlier? :p And then there's my reply:
Maybe make all the red empty boxes green instead of red to signify that it's the Combo Alias Page instead of the normal Combo page? Just a thought.

Rakki
04-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Are you asking for that indicator on the Alias editing window, Windstrike? Because I agree that it'd be helpful there, since it just shows all the combos right next to each other.

And yeah, that is the same thing I said before ShadowTiger (:p), lol, but I figure we could switch to an Alias editing page through the O key if they decided to use some kind of visible indicator as to which type you're editing (like the green squares thing). If they didn't use such a thing though, having two separate menu choices for editing Combos and Alias' would be better, I think.