PDA

View Full Version : 2 more suggestions

firefly
04-15-2006, 08:16 PM
1) Combo2:
It's basically the same as Cset2, with the square in the combo menu, the difference is that this one is for using 2 combo types on 1 combo, this means that this will need another square in the combo menu, this can be useful for making... For example: A combo that damages only if you touch the left part of the combo. (I'm bad at making examples)

2) Separate cast sprites:
Have separate sprite boxes for the spells, instead of just having 1 box (Cast) for the 3 spells why not to have 3 boxes instead, they could be labeled as: Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind and Din's Fire.

Comments? suggestions?... mockups?

idontknow
04-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I love combo type mixing--but could you have 2 combo types on all parts of the combo? Like could you have an entire combo be both a water & damage combo for poisonous water?

firefly
04-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I love combo type mixing--but could you have 2 combo types on all parts of the combo? Like could you have an entire combo be both a water & damage combo for poisonous water?
Oh yeah.

3) Combo Mixing: (idontknow's idea)
Maybe another combo type selection bar should be added for this, mixes the combo type selected here with the combo type, Example: "Water" combo+"Damage xx" combo=Poisonous water.

Is this is what you mean idontknow?

idontknow
04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Yes

ShadowTiger
04-15-2006, 11:17 PM
I love combo type mixing--but could you have 2 combo types on all parts of the combo? Like could you have an entire combo be both a water & damage combo for poisonous water?Well, I would imagine it acting something like the Cset2 and Walkability boxes. You'd have a green box to the right, and another pulldown for combo type. If none of the green box is filled in, then the combo type will simply be of the first, "real" combo type. If all of the box is filled in, then none of the first "real" combo type will be in play, and it'll be set to the alternate combo type entirely. IF, however, you had two opposing corners green and the others not, and grouped multiple identical combos together, you'd have some sort of combo where the combo would occupy the same space, I suppose. It'd be crude, but it'd work.

Better than having to make a new combo type combining others. This way, you only combine the space they use, not the combo types themselves. Think in terms of programming the thing itself.

idontknow
04-15-2006, 11:41 PM
What if you could have the folllowing:

Walkability: Grey = Walkable, Red = Unwalkable
[ ]

Cset 2: Grey = Original Cset, Blue = Cset 2
[ ]

Type 1: Grey = Not Type 1 ('None' type), Yellow = Type 1
[ ]

Type 2: Grey = Not Type 2 ('None' Type), Green = Type 2
[ ]

If the same quadrant for type 1 & type 2 boxes were both filled in (such as the top-left for type 1 & type 2) then that portion of the combo has BOTH combo types applied. If it has one type filled in (such as the top-left corner of type 1 being yellow & the top-left of corner of type 2 being grey), then only that type applies & not the other. If the same quadrant for type 1 & type 2 were both grey, then that portion of the combo has a 'None' combo type (it nullifies or rejects whatever combo types are set)

Now could seperately determine if a portion of a combo has 1 combo type, 2 combo types, or no combo type. You could make a damage combo where only the bottom half damages you. You could make a combo where the bottom half is a damage combo & the top half is a warp OR the whole entire combo is both Water & Damage combo, therefore making 'toxic water'.

Perhaps if two combo types are incompatible or 'buggy', then when you select your first combo type for type 1, then any incompatible combo types for type 2 are engraved so that they cannot be selected, or perhaps you could select any 2 combo types, but when you click 'ok' a warning says 'incompatible combo types' and then you remain in the combo editor until you find 2 compatible combo types.