PDA

View Full Version : Triforces Curse Questions

the_texas_teacu
04-15-2006, 01:58 AM
I am new to the forum but have been playing Zelda since the 80's. At this point I can play through the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quests in my sleep and I can beat alphadawg's unofficial 3rd quest (I beat it in zc 1.92 and 2.11 to avoid monster errors, but the flippers are not available in those versions and I could not find 1.90 so have not found or played the bonus level)

Anyway, I mostly play games that are made for the LOZ tileset and that get good reviews. Right now I am playing the Triforces Curse which got 5 hearts. I have beaten the first 2 levels and I have found the red/blue candle, wallet upgrade, wooden boomerange, blue ring, boots, grapling hook (?), 12 bombs/3 superbombs, wooden sword, magic book, letter, stepladder, and I now have 8 heart containers. I have also located levels 3, 4 and 9.

I am unable to find the whistle, which I need in the first room in level 3 for a digdogger.

I also have encountered a red gohma on the way to level 4 but have not found the arrow or the bow (level 3?).

And with this many heart containers it seems I should have the white sword by now, but I have not seen it.

In this game bad guys are scarce so it is hard to come up with any extra rupees or to get enough bombs to search around enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: I found the bow and arrow in level 4, but still can't find the whistle to beat level 3.

edit: I found the whistle and the white sword and beat level 3, but the big issue now is that there seems to be a bug in 1.92 that when I use the whistle it takes me to the top left corner of a screen and link gets stuck.

This quest doesn't work on 2.10 because the monsters are wrong, and if I try it on 2.11 I can't enter the levels. Once I enter I just turn around and walk out before I can do anything. Anyone know what to do?

I can't get 1.90 to work on my computer. I am running windows XP and I get dos errors if I try to run 1.90

Help Please.