PDA

View Full Version : Heal, Warp, Save Points:

ShadowTiger
04-14-2006, 03:08 PM
What I have for Warp points, Heal/Magic restoration points, and Save Points:

http://www.gerudo.net/bh4/zc/neofirstwarpandhealpoints.gif

The green, red, and blue stars are magic, health, and <both> restoration points. Done via the flag. The two blue oddly spindly things are save points. One is 4x3 and the other is 4x4. Just for kicks. The bottom green thing is a warp point. Not quite sure how I'll get it to work, but I think you'll be able to warp around the overworld using those points. I honestly have no idea how it'll work though, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments?

Otherwise, just a small update.

Mr. Z
04-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Ohh, good looking. But I'm not sure if you need so many of them. I'd say the first one and the alternate colors would be enough for healing. Then one more for warping.
Those could be nice "spells" for custom bosses, by the way.

Rakki
04-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Nice. :D Also, I think I like the 4x4 save point more than the 4x3.

Sir_Johnamus
04-14-2006, 05:59 PM
For the warps, here's an idea:
You go on it, if it is opened, ant using the tilewarp, it warps you to an identical screen that says something like "To Northmost Mountain: Press Down" then you press down, and it takes you to the Northmost Mountain Warp point.
Just an idea.

ShadowTiger
04-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Okay, um, can anyone do me a favor (AKA, "Do that thing were you assist in NeoFirst's construction like you wanted to." :blah: ) and recolor the bottom 5x5 green warp pad so it doesn't look all pixelly? Right now, in ZQuest it looks absolutely horrible. Thanks. (Remember, save it as a .gif, not a .jpg or .png.)

Ohh, good looking. But I'm not sure if you need so many of them. I'd say the first one and the alternate colors would be enough for healing. Then one more for warping.
Those could be nice "spells" for custom bosses, by the way.Heh. Oddly enough, I got them from a ToS Zelos Spritesheet. :p Concerning the Csets of these, I'm not really that worried about them. So far, Csets 0 and 1 are easily accountable for the Health and Both ones, and Cset 7 can handle the Magic Restore Symbol, but that's really all we'll need.

Although, ZQuest is doing something weird, in that I don't think Combo Aliases handle Alternate Csets (Cset2; the blue box in the individual combo editor.) all that well.

Also, I -REALLY- wish that we had some way of reminding us if we're working on Layer 0 or Layer <1-6> or not. >.<' I can't tell you how many times I thought I was applying things to layer 2, when I was applying them to layer 0 in actuality. So annoying, lol.

Also, I wish we could move around aliases like normal combos, with a combo alias page editor. The only way we have to work with these, as far as I know, is individually. It's very, very time consuming. Considering that NeoFirst will have a LOT of useful combo aliases, it'd be really nice if we could arrange, copy, paste, move, etc these Aliases.

jman2050, ya hear me dawg? :blah:

Nice. :D Also, I think I like the 4x4 save point more than the 4x3.Heh. I know what you mean. I do kinda think it looks -somewhat- better than the 4x3, but the 4x3 will be used in exactly the same way, but is meant to be used in Dungeons, where the screen is generaly more vertically symmetric. The 4x3 is meant to be used in dungeons, in the center horizontal row. The central row of the 4x3 formation will align with the verticla center of the room, if wished. It just looks better, I suppose. Not the symbol itself, but its position in the room.

For the warps, here's an idea:
You go on it, if it is opened, ant using the tilewarp, it warps you to an identical screen that says something like "To Northmost Mountain: Press Down" then you press down, and it takes you to the Northmost Mountain Warp point.Hm. Well, the thought I had concerning these, is that if you see one on the overworld, you can step into its center to warp to a pad in space which will then take you to a hub. The hub will initially perform a series of checks via Sensitive Warps to see which pads have been activated. They'll all be warp type "D" so it won't interfere with the other warps. Once the check is finished, you can step on any of the four sides to warp to that area of the overworld. BTW, there will only be one copy of the hub, since you'll only -NEED- one copy to get it done.

Nimono
04-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Hm. Well, the thought I had concerning these, is that if you see one on the overworld, you can step into its center to warp to a pad in space which will then take you to a hub. The hub will initially perform a series of checks via Sensitive Warps to see which pads have been activated. They'll all be warp type "D" so it won't interfere with the other warps. Once the check is finished, you can step on any of the four sides to warp to that area of the overworld. BTW, there will only be one copy of the hub, since you'll only -NEED- one copy to get it done.
That sounds really cool, but I'm having a hard time gettign the idea of how you're going to do that with Sensitive warps imn my head. Could you please explain the process, please? (You don't have to, but I WOULD like to know how to do it.)

ShadowTiger
04-15-2006, 09:41 PM
... Ah. Certainly. ... Yeah, it's ... really no simple process. :sweat: At least by common means, anyway. °_°

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this will need to be done in order. You won't be able to trigger Warp B before warp A, etc.

So... Okay. You come across this 5x5 pad somewhere. You step on its center, which activates a tiered room secret toward a room I'm about to mention. Then you warp to a scene in space with this same pad, only the four circles on the outside are glowing and the one on the inside isn't. Since this is the first pad you've comes across though, only one circle is glowing. All along this pad are sensitive warps which look like the floor. They warp you to another identical copy of the room, except in this new copy, there's another circle glowing for you to walk on. Each pad you activate on the overworld activates another of these secrets to warp you to yet another identical room, each with more and more circles available to warp to. The sensitive warp allows you to not notice any transition. I hope I was clear enough, ...

Please, someone, ... recolor / renovate that warp pad? :| It's a necessity. Many thanks to anyone who can smooth it out.

Nimono
04-16-2006, 04:47 PM
... Ah. Certainly. ... Yeah, it's ... really no simple process. :sweat: At least by common means, anyway. °_°

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this will need to be done in order. You won't be able to trigger Warp B before warp A, etc.

So... Okay. You come across this 5x5 pad somewhere. You step on its center, which activates a tiered room secret toward a room I'm about to mention. Then you warp to a scene in space with this same pad, only the four circles on the outside are glowing and the one on the inside isn't. Since this is the first pad you've comes across though, only one circle is glowing. All along this pad are sensitive warps which look like the floor. They warp you to another identical copy of the room, except in this new copy, there's another circle glowing for you to walk on. Each pad you activate on the overworld activates another of these secrets to warp you to yet another identical room, each with more and more circles available to warp to. The sensitive warp allows you to not notice any transition. I hope I was clear enough, ...

Please, someone, ... recolor / renovate that warp pad? :| It's a necessity. Many thanks to anyone who can smooth it out.
So, it's like this:
You enter the first warp. You appear in "space". When you step off the pad, the warps you have entered will activate, by the method of warping you depending on which warp you came from.

Wouldn't that mean you need 5+ screens for this one room? I'm still confused. How can you "activate" pads when you'tre only using one screen? And what are you going to do if people find a later pad before they should (i.e, someone activates pad 1, then finds pad 3 and activates it)?

ShadowTiger
04-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, think about it. You're in the hub, right, ... ... and you need a way to make ZC "check" to see which pads you've activated. Can't warp to somewhere you haven't been yet, right? How do you suppose we do that? :p Really, let me hear your thoughts on the issue before I explain it again.

Nimono
04-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Well, think about it. You're in the hub, right, ... ... and you need a way to make ZC "check" to see which pads you've activated. Can't warp to somewhere you haven't been yet, right? How do you suppose we do that? :p Really, let me hear your thoughts on the issue before I explain it again.
Well, I can't think of ANY ways to make ZC "check" to see which pads you'vce been in and which you haven't, since I've been told before that ZC's engine is a Zelda 1 engine. That, and I've been slow to understand things for a while.

ShadowTiger
04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Well I wouldn't even be going so far, OR have explained any of that, if I didn't see at least one way to make it work. :p So much for the "ZC's engine is a Zelda 1 engine." It's all about the workarounds. You need to know what it's capable of doing, and work around those capabilities to achieve the desired effect. Now that multiwarps, sensitive warps, and tiered screen references (Whatever.) are possible, that expands what is capable by quite a lot.

Anyway, ... have you ever seen, in one of Freedom's Quests, or in Shoelace's HoD, where they trigger an event, by having this one screen with nothing much on it before you reach the scene where you'll be interacting with someone? That empty room is actually packed with events. You trigger someone elsewhere which causes that empty room's secrets to be triggered, which warps you an identical room, only the room its connecting to is different. (The text is different, or something else happens, etc.) You're not supposed to notice any transition. That's how these work.

This will operate in much the same way, only there won't be an "empty" screen, I don't think. Because there are four warps now, rather than only one, you can still have the real warp pads present during the time of the warping, but the user can probably still warp along the floor when the pads are triggered via the autowarp or sensitive warp combo.

Nimono
04-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Well I wouldn't even be going so far, OR have explained any of that, if I didn't see at least one way to make it work. :p So much for the "ZC's engine is a Zelda 1 engine." It's all about the workarounds. You need to know what it's capable of doing, and work around those capabilities to achieve the desired effect. Now that multiwarps, sensitive warps, and tiered screen references (Whatever.) are possible, that expands what is capable by quite a lot.

Anyway, ... have you ever seen, in one of Freedom's Quests, or in Shoelace's HoD, where they trigger an event, by having this one screen with nothing much on it before you reach the scene where you'll be interacting with someone? That empty room is actually packed with events. You trigger someone elsewhere which causes that empty room's secrets to be triggered, which warps you an identical room, only the room its connecting to is different. (The text is different, or something else happens, etc.) You're not supposed to notice any transition. That's how these work.

This will operate in much the same way, only there won't be an "empty" screen, I don't think. Because there are four warps now, rather than only one, you can still have the real warp pads present during the time of the warping, but the user can probably still warp along the floor when the pads are triggered via the autowarp or sensitive warp combo.
I haven't played any of those quests, so I wouldn't know what you're talking about.

ShadowTiger
04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
... *Sigh* ... But I just described them. >.<' Hero Of Dreams (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=139). Go play it and see what I mean. When you come across a hosue who's room count isn't one, but is two, and one of the rooms is sort of empty, (No person, or no warp to trigger a speech-scene.) You'll know that you're in one of those transitional screens where an event triggers a warp, but without activating the secret sounds. (There's a screen flag "No secret sounds.")

Just read over my previous post and you'll see what I mean. Don't give up on trying to understand it. Keep reading it and picture it in your mind.

Nimono
04-16-2006, 06:06 PM
... *Sigh* ... But I just described them. >.<' Hero Of Dreams (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=139). Go play it and see what I mean. When you come across a hosue who's room count isn't one, but is two, and one of the rooms is sort of empty, (No person, or no warp to trigger a speech-scene.) You'll know that you're in one of those transitional screens where an event triggers a warp, but without activating the secret sounds. (There's a screen flag "No secret sounds.")

Just read over my previous post and you'll see what I mean. Don't give up on trying to understand it. Keep reading it and picture it in your mind.
I'm not giving up on understanding it. And I can't get the quest until I ask my parents, and they'll probably say no (my mom set a limit of 2 quests at a time to me).

ShadowTiger
04-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Oh, rest assured, Pikaguy, ... that is the most absurd thing, ... ... *lol* ... ... Well, HoD (And any of Freedom's Quests. Any of 'em. Any at all.) are definitely the two quests you'd want on your hard drive at any given time. Definitely. Besides, why two? It's not like they're 10+ Mb. X x.

Nimono
04-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Oh, rest assured, Pikaguy, ... that is the most absurd thing, ... ... *lol* ... ... Well, HoD (And any of Freedom's Quests. Any of 'em. Any at all.) are definitely the two quests you'd want on your hard drive at any given time. Definitely. Besides, why two? It's not like they're 10+ Mb. X x.
My parents just don't want me wasting too much of the hard drive on this computer. And it's not funny. I'm 14.

ShadowTiger
04-18-2006, 09:19 AM
So? o.o I was roughly in your shoes when I was your age. How big is your hard drive, anyway? 5 Gig? 2? ._O If THAT was the case, I could understand. I just think two is pushing even pushing it.

Well, your .sav file can contain whatever you want. Hell, you can even save a .qsb file (Unencoded quest file.) and zip it. It condenses MUCH smaller than .qst files, so you can save unpassworded quests to your computer, like, .. three to one. Hope that helps. :highfive: (It better. :sweat: Or you really do have a 2 gb hard drive.)

Nimono
04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
So? o.o I was roughly in your shoes when I was your age. How big is your hard drive, anyway? 5 Gig? 2? ._O If THAT was the case, I could understand. I just think two is pushing even pushing it.

Well, your .sav file can contain whatever you want. Hell, you can even save a .qsb file (Unencoded quest file.) and zip it. It condenses MUCH smaller than .qst files, so you can save unpassworded quests to your computer, like, .. three to one. Hope that helps. :highfive: (It better. :sweat: Or you really do have a 2 gb hard drive.)
Well, I don't know how big the hard drive is. I'm not really allowed to check that (one of the many reasons I still want the laptop they keep promising me). But I DO know that they want me to save most of the memory for homeschooling purposes.