PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Least Favorite Internet Craze

Monica
04-14-2006, 12:41 PM
What is yours? My favorites would have to be All Your Base and that thing that pops up when you stare at the screen (I screamed the first time I saw it lol) and my least favorite would have to be 1337. >_<

Aegix Drakan
04-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I have no clue where "all your Base are belong to us" comes from, but I love it.

I dislike the Tails doll curse, because it it way too overused and overexagerated (SP?)

Masamune
04-14-2006, 12:51 PM
I have no clue where "all your Base are belong to us" comes from, but I love it.

I dislike the Tails doll curse, because it it way too overused and overexagerated (SP?)

"All your base" came from a game for Sega called "Zero Wing" It had really shitty translation. So it was sort've funny.

And l33t is fucking crunk. Dig?

Archibaldo
04-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Favorite Fad: Chuck Norris

Least Favorite Fad: I don't think I really have one. :shrug:

Lilith
04-14-2006, 05:55 PM
favorite: cats, dadaism (everything)
least favorite: chuck norris

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
04-14-2006, 08:42 PM
favorite: LUEshi, OWLS, myspacicide
least favorite: chuck norris, leroy jenkins

vegeta1215
04-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Myspace.com is my least favorite. I hate that site. Also, I don't know who's bright idea it was to allow people to put whatever they want on a page. "Hmm, I think I'll put 100 images, 20 embedded videos, 10 flash animations, and some music onto my profile. Oh, and throw some animated GIFs in for good measure" :disgust:

me2
04-14-2006, 09:43 PM
favorite: Snakes on a plane
least favorite: chuck norris, bonzai kittens

gdorf
04-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Favorite: Does iTunes count? I think its pretty awesome.

Least Favorite: Myspace.

Overall, I like the trend to lean towards community involvement on the internet. I love wikipedia, del.icio.us and other sites that allow us to add the content ourselves. I'm all about the "Internet 2.0"

Myspace just sucks because the contributers are all teenage girls and boys with angst and low self-esteem.

zoraking
04-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Favorite: Wikipedia; Urban Dictionary; Snopes; etc. etc.
Least Favorite: Numa Numa; That annoying frog thing (thank God I evaded having that stuck in my head); Chuck Norris (what a fag); AIM

Rainman
04-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Favorite: Wikipedia
Least Favorite: the Internet

Lilith
04-15-2006, 01:08 AM
favorite: LUEshi, OWLS, myspacicide
least favorite: chuck norris, leroy jenkins

lol, Leroy Jenkins </3

vegeta1215
04-15-2006, 01:32 AM
Wikipedia is pretty awesome. You start reading something on there and get sucked in, opening more and more articles that are connected to each other. Homestarrunner.com is like that too.

Darth Marsden
04-15-2006, 03:38 AM
Favourite: Too many to mention.
Least Fav: Numa Numa, Leroy Jenkins, The Crazy Frog (who, god only knows how, got a video game made of him), l33t 5p34k3r5, etc.

me2
04-16-2006, 12:39 AM
Wikipedia is awesome. I've sadly become addicted though :( User page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Spaceboy492

Also, can someone explain to me how the numa numa dance is funny? :|

Darth Marsden
04-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Wikipedia is awesome. I've sadly become addicted though :( User page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Spaceboy492

Also, can someone explain to me how the numa numa dance is funny? :|
I've started to become addicted as well. I spent all afternoon yesterday looking at their Final Fantasy pages, and I think I finally understand what happened to Cloud! And all it took was 3 years. :rolleyes:

Numa Numa? The one I was talking about is the webcam video of some guy singing along to the song. Not sure about the dance, although I'd imagine it's funny because it's really, really silly. That's generally the way with foreign dances.

ShadowTiger
04-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Favorite: bash.org, Chuck Norris, Vin Diesel, and Mr. T quotes. I could spend many an afternoon just reading through all of those, chuckling to myself. The Numa Numa thing is only here because I don't actually mind the song, and my CSS professor loves it and made us all paste it into our image galleries we made. It's nice to be in a class where everyone, including the professor, is "in" on the whole internet scheme.

Least: ... Well, I'm with Vegeta1215 on this one, for roughly the same reasons mentioned. Plus, it's sucked everyone up, and people keep asking for my MySpace. When I say "I don't have one, STFU," I really mean, "Yes, I have one, but I haven't checked it in years, and if you keep insisting I add you as a friend, despite the fact that we're clearly already speaking, I'm going to run you through with a pointy stick. Got it?"

Tygore
04-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Does anyone remember the 9/11 Tourist Guy? That was a fun one.

me2
04-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Does anyone remember the 9/11 Tourist Guy? That was a fun one.

Didn't he have a hosted forum here a while back? Did anyone save any of the pictures from then?

Monica
04-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I completely forgot about Blogs. But NOT Myspace, I can't STAND the layout of that site, I can barely even navigate it. Now Xanga is the one I love. :)

Tygore
04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Didn't he have a hosted forum here a while back? Did anyone save any of the pictures from then?

Yeah, he did didn't he. I didn't save any pics from it, but I'm sure someone did. Didn't J.J. Maxx do the bulk of those? Maybe he still has them somewhere. I've seen him poke his head out a few times lately, maybe we can get his attention...

*hides in bushes with net*

Darth Marsden
04-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Favorite: bash.org, Chuck Norris, Vin Diesel, and Mr. T quotes.
http://www.mrtvseverything.com/