PDA

View Full Version : Ever had something you just wanted to like so badly?

goKi
04-14-2006, 03:03 AM
Mine was This. (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2158,CONTENTID=10776)

It looks, and feels so great. The MX1000 mouse is the best mouse ever made, hands down, but unfortunately, the bluetooth implementation is so awful. It lags constantly, particularly when gaming/encoding video (Bluetooth, is or course, much more CPU reliant than RF).
The touch sensitive media controls were also nealy useless, as they just won't respond.

The other problem is that upon restarting, the damn thing WILL NOT STAY CONNECTED. The software (Logitech SetPoint (Avoid at all costs)) crashes constantly, and recognises the keyboard, but will not generate a passkey. Of course, it's kind of hard to enter the passkey into Windows with no keyboard!

The logitech bluetooth drivers were also, somehow, crashing my internet connection. No idea how, but uninstalling the drivers has stopped the problem i was having.

I kept this for just under 2 weeks, i tried so hard to put up with it's problems, but i've gone back to my Logitech MX700, which has much smaller keys, and just feels worse to type on. Not to mention that the mouse doesn't charge properly.

I must say i sadly miss my MX1000 mouse. I might go for the MX3100, basically the same thing, without the touch panel, screen, and bluetooth, which i will avoid like the plague in PC peripherals from now on.

So, to generate discussion, has anyone ever just had something that they wanted to love so bad, but due to problems, just couldn't?

Darth Marsden
04-14-2006, 12:14 PM
I wanted to love the N64, but the price of the games..! Also, I really want to love the Wallace & Gromit game (Project Zoo, not the one based on the film which is actually really good) but it's just so average...

Verman
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
My girlfriend....

ZomfgIts0rzlolo
04-18-2006, 04:46 PM
GREAT EXPECTATIONS x(

god I hate that book

Beldaran
04-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Verman's girlfriend...

me2
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Coheed and Cambria.

Lilith
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Joy Division, lol

AlexMax
04-19-2006, 04:22 AM
http://www.clickykeyboards.com/

The website is patronizing and annoying, but IBM Model M's truely are the greatest keyboards I've ever used, ever. I got one last December, and after a few initial adjustments (shift keys were stuck, but a little cleaning of the plastic insert fixed that), it's been an awesome keyboard. Those keyboards simply do not "wear out". It takes a bit to get used to no Start button, but Ctrl+Esc works just as well.

Every computer should come with a Model M and an MX1000.