PDA

View Full Version : "Walking out"

ONeilcool
04-14-2006, 01:28 AM
Apparently a new immigration law is being passed in california, I dont know exactly what it is I dont pay attention to politics

My point is that because this new law offends the immigrants so they(the mexicans) are all going to walk out of school at 10:20(note this is highschool). I don't know why they picked that time.

I don't know much about this besides the little I was told. Everyone's been asking "are you walking out". I'm obviously not because I'm not mexican and I don't have a desire to miss school

I think its all really stupid because no one is going to leave school because of the law, they just want to get out of school. The other stupid part is that half the people that are going to walk out aren't even mexican.

phattonez
04-14-2006, 01:47 AM
1st off, it's not just California, it's all of the United States.

2nd and finally, it's not just Mexicans, it's all immigrants.

Beldaran
04-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Mexicans are skipping school? What the fuck else is new.

Lilith
04-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Actually it is mostly Mexicans because almost every other immigrant has had to go through the process of getting in legally, and seems pretty against this shit, just from my experience.

Archibaldo
04-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Silly mexicans, walk outs don't work when you're walking out of school. If you want your strike to be really effective, you have to give up something you don't want to give up.

For example, instead of walking out, they should just make a picket line during their lunch hour. Then people could see that they're really serious about what ever they're striking against, and not just looking for a excuse to skip school. Also, it helps to inform as many newspapers as possible so people hear about it.

Beldaran
04-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Look at it this way: if the worst thing that happens when we pass immigration laws is that Mexicans show their anger by disappearing, then I say pass more laws!

ONeilcool
04-14-2006, 08:55 PM
It was really stupid because everyone left at the wrong time. Everyone walked out at the passing period before the class that they were suppose to walk out on because they were afraid the teachers werent going to let them leave. It pretty much lost the effect after everyone left at the wrong time. To make it worse the organizers that were conducting the march came on time but everyone alreay left.

For example, instead of walking out, they should just make a picket line during their lunch hour. Then people could see that they're really serious about what ever they're striking against, and not just looking for a excuse to skip school. Also, it helps to inform as many newspapers as possible so people hear about it.

Since everyone knew this was obviously gonna happen the principal organized a debate kind of thing during lunch, but I dont think anyone listend. Also the organizers of the march were gonig to bring everyone to the courthouse so the newspaper would hear about it, too bad everyone too stupid and left early.