PDA

View Full Version : tileset ?s

triforceholder
04-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I can't figure out how to change my tileset to look similar to a gameboy. How do I change it?

WindStrike
04-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Go to this site to download the tileset:
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=4
Then load up the quest editor and then load that quest up. Go to Menu, Export, and then Tileset. Name it whatever you want and select ok. Then create a new quest, and go to Menu, Import, Tileset. Select the file you named and extracted and hit ok to import it. You should have your tileset converted to the CGBZ Tileset. And just an fyi, this should actually be in the ZC Quest Editor Help, but whatever.

Rakki
04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Before I answer your question, let me just say that you should've posted this in the "ZC Quest Editor Help" forum. The ZC Discussion forum is for general discussion about Zelda Classic and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quests, but not for help using the editor.

Anyway, on to your question. The easiest way to do this would be to download a Gameboy tileset from Pure ZC (www.purezc.com) and then open it in ZQuest if it's a .qst file. If it has the extention ".zgp" then it's a graphics pack, and you have to go to "File -> Import -> Graphics Pack" and then choose the file you downloaded, and press OK. Although, importing doesn't work in version 2.10, if that's what you're using.

Another way you could get Gameboy graphics in your quest would be to open a quest which already uses Gameboy graphics, delete all the maps, strings, shop types, etc. and then create your quest from that. One such quest you could do this with is "Example BS 1st.qst", although you'll need to download the quest file from Pure ZC to be able to do this, since the Example BS 1st file that is included in the Zelda Classic download is still password protected, by accident.

Edit: Gah, beaten to the punch again. :p Well, I guess you've got two people telling you how to do it now.

triforceholder
04-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I have v2.10. What do I do? You said importing doesent work with 2.10

WindStrike
04-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, importing the DoR Tileset worked for me, so I fail to see how importing the Gameboy set won't work. Try importing it anyways.

triforceholder
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
It somewhat works, except the colors are swithed around.