PDA

View Full Version : Help Menu Update

xXVolvagiaXx
04-13-2006, 08:41 PM
This is just a quick suggestion.
PLEASE update the help thingy in ZC... Just to like, fill in on how to work the new features and stuff....like, FF Combos, and Room State Carry Overs.

Rakki
04-13-2006, 08:54 PM
For now, here's (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=90953) the topic on FF combos, and how to work them, I think. And as for Room State Carryovers, you just kind of need to play around with different switches and dmap types to get them to work... I think they only work on dmaps/screens with permanent secrets, though. At least, that's the only way I've been able to get them to work. The trigger which sets off the secret combos also has to be a permanent trigger, otherwise, it won't work. And it also seems like the trigger can't be part of a tiered secret either, it has to be placed on the screen layer. :shrug: Yeah, I know, that's a lot of restrictions, isn't it?

Tygore
04-14-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure that the help function isn't usually updated with betas. Generally that's only done in the main releases.

Rakki
04-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah, however, the help file is LONG overdue for an update. The last one was like, 1.90, I think. =/

xXVolvagiaXx
04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
thanks for the FFCombo thing Rakki, it helped a bit...=)

Rakki
04-14-2006, 01:20 AM
No problem. I'd offer to help you with any other problems you might be having with it as well, but I actually haven't messed with FF combos myself. :p

rocksfan13
04-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, it would be nice if they updated the help menu for the 2.11. The title of it still reads 1.92 build 182. Just a little behind don't ya think?

ShadowTiger
04-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Perhaps a "Rollover help" System would be nice for the moment? I'm not saying that it's a SUBSTITUE for the help you're all suggestion, (Myself as well. It'd be nice. :p ) but if people think they can start contributing little sentences for these rollover help tips, perhaps other forms of help will follow, and it'll follow suit that the help files will be completed faster as well?

Rakki
04-14-2006, 05:34 PM
What do you mean by "Rollover help," BH4? Do you mean something similar to tooltips, only, you don't have to hover over whatever to see the text? Also, would these tips show up when we highlighted menu commands, or, what?

ShadowTiger
04-15-2006, 12:17 PM
By "Rollover Help," I mean, that whenever you hover your mouse over just about anything in ZQuest, a little window would "pop up" somewhere on the screen with information regarding what your cursor is hovering over. Here's a brief overview of what would happen with this:

Combo Pages: Would show all combo details. Cset2, Animation frames and speed, Type, Inherent flag.

Minimap in the lower left corner: Displays coordinates, and layers assigned to it, as well as Tiered screens. (Whatever that new event handling system is called. Referred screens, maybe?)

... ... okay, the bold topic thing doesn't work for a lot of this, so just imagine yourself hovering over any flag, any topic, any .. anything, and it'd provide a little window with a text-based description of that. Okay?

Revfan9
04-15-2006, 06:13 PM
It would be useful for newbies who are too ignorant to read a tutorial, but when you know what everything is and how to work everything, it just gets annoying. I don't want textboxes covering up things just when I put my mouse over something.

Rakki
04-15-2006, 07:27 PM
One word, Revfan: Options. :p

I'd really like to see that suggestion implemented, BH4. I think it would even help us older users speed up our work, because of the fact that we would just be able to hover over combos to find out information about them, rather than having to edit them. :D

It'd also be nice to be able to hover over combos that are already placed on the screen to see what number they are (useful to check for when you have two combos that LOOK the same, but act differently).

ShadowTiger
04-15-2006, 11:23 PM
... ... ... Holy Crap. SHADOWTIGER. Thanks. (Heh. XD )

Great, I forgot what I was going to say. ...

Oh yeah. Perhaps you could have three levels of Rollover help availability? One is simply Off, where none appears at all. (Like how it currently is. :blah: ) Another is on at all times, where you wait like, one and a half seconds with the mouse not moving at all, then it pops up, ... ... and another setting where it only pops up if you're holding in shift or something as you hover your mouse over it. Sounds good, Revfan?

Rakki
04-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Lol, sorry. I refer to you as BH4 here because that's your user name. :p

Anywho, what I'd REALLY like to see done with this suggestion, besides (or maybe instead of) the whole tooltip thing, is to have a sort of "status box" added to the bottom of the screen, which explains what something is whenever you have your mouse over it. Of course, I wouldn't expect to see this happen until ZQuest actually went full windows-like (if it ever does). You know what I mean?