PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boss Menu

xXVolvagiaXx
04-13-2006, 06:34 PM
One awsome thing would be to have a whole menu system dedicated to creating a custom boss.
When you go to the menu, you'd be able to choose how big it is. Then you could select the parts of the body. Here's the cool thing: There would be a click and drag side screen, allowing you to construct the boss, and animate the way it moves(EX: Hop, Slither, Walk, Run, etc...), and select the tile that you want to be it's weak point, and the weapon of choice to use against it. You would also be able to type in a HP #. Then you could name it, and save it to the enemy list, OR have an enemy menu dedicated to your custom bosses. Then, whenever you want to use it, you could just go to the enemy list, and set it. There could also be a flag named: "Custom Boss #" to set where it'll be when you enter the room.:D :D :D

WindStrike
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I like this idea, but on where it says the examples of animation... Would that be just animation or actual movement?

xXVolvagiaXx
04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
There would be a mini window that shows it's animation AND movement on a makeshift background, and also where you could cllick on a tile, and drag it to, to construct the boss.

Revfan9
04-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Basically, it's an enemy editor.

ShadowTiger
04-15-2006, 12:12 PM
From now until the time I finish this post, I will be known as "Captain Killjoy the third."

Captain Killjoy the third says: "An enemy editor isn't something that can be done in such a way. What you're suggesting here is a cross between the combo alias dialog, in that it sets up a predefined series of combos, and the Freeform combos, in that it provides for the animation."

Basically, if you want this to really reach fruition, you'd have to be a LOT more specific in your suggestion. Not only would you need to provide actual mockups of the thing, but you'd have to provide a real time example of it. Why? Well, this sort of thing really isn't the sort of suggestion that ZC can handle. Combo Aliases and Freeform Combos already exist, so why not just learn how to use those and make a regular custom boss on your own with the tools that have already been provided?