PDA

View Full Version : Realm of Mirrors Demo

Nimono
04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
I have a demo of my newest quest, Realm of Mirrors, out. So far, only Level 1 is complete, but give me a break here-I'm trying to play my ROM of Link's Awakening, too! Just so you know, I'm using the CGBZ Tileset for the quest. I have no screenshots yet, but I'll get some tomorrow. The quest has 3 Overworlds:
Past, Present, and the Realm of Mirrors. Note that you CANNOT get to the Realm of Mirrors until you have beaten all 8 dungeons. There's no story yet, seeing as I'm still thinking up a name for this new world. I named the starting area "Stone Sea", since originally, the left side of the place had water, but there's sand there instead. I'd appreciate it if you'd play Level 1 and help me get a name of this new world. I won't use a world that has already been used (especially not the one used in OoA). Also, the Triforce has been replaced by... Mirror Hourglasses. Collect them all to gain access to the Realm of Mirrors and all that. So, enjoy as I work on level 2, Slime Cave (that's what I'm calling it for now. I'm nmot so good at making up names for each area and dungeon just by using the music and color of the dungeon! I'd appreciate a name for this dungeon, too. It uses the palette of Key Cavern from LA and uses the music from that very same dungeon.).

Get the quest here:
http://www.geocities.com/pikachu_fan_13/RealmMirrors.zip

ms_zelda_lady
04-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I tried to play your demo but after getting the bomb and using it to get into the cave, the first screen as I entered started flashing and kept on flashing so I never could figure out what was going on in there. Check it out. I was playing your demo in 210 so I don't know if that was the problem. Sure was something I had never seen before.

ms_zelda_lady

Nimono
04-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I tried to play your demo but after getting the bomb and using it to get into the cave, the first screen as I entered started flashing and kept on flashing so I never could figure out what was going on in there. Check it out. I was playing your demo in 210 so I don't know if that was the problem. Sure was something I had never seen before.

ms_zelda_lady
If it's in the present, there's something wrong with that cave, so I think I'll ditch that. If it's in the past, I have NO idea what's wrong, it works for me. As of now, don't enter a cave on the present overworld. If you do, press F6 and Continue.

elise
04-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I don't think you understand
If you start your demo you can get the bombs and with that you bomb the wall
there is nothing else you can do
but entering that cave you are stuck in the doorway and the screen is flickering
so the only thing you can do now is picking up the bombs , thats it .
Thats the end of your demo right now

Nimono
04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't think you understand
If you start your demo you can get the bombs and with that you bomb the wall
there is nothing else you can do
but entering that cave you are stuck in the doorway and the screen is flickering
so the only thing you can do now is picking up the bombs , thats it .
Thats the end of your demo right now
You're SUPPOSED to use the bombs on the levers on the starting screen to make a bridge appear, than go in the portal to the past, bomb a wall, get the Sword, and go north until you find level 1. Get the items within and you can get to the area level 2 is in after beating level 1.

elise
04-12-2006, 05:47 PM
you can't get the items in level 1 where you need to go down on the stairs
they show up under the stairs in the wall
what version are we supposed to use

Nimono
04-12-2006, 06:59 PM
you can't get the items in level 1 where you need to go down on the stairs
they show up under the stairs in the wall
what version are we supposed to use
Of course they're in the walls. It's like an illusion. Just walk into the wall at the top of the second ladder. You'll get there. If you want, I'll add a tile telling you which way to go if you slash it or something. 2.10 is the ZC version you should use. Sorry for all the annoyances, though.

elise
04-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I just finished the level 1
what can I say STOP playing ROM of Link's Awakening you have a quest to finish :)

Nimono
04-13-2006, 11:43 AM
I just finished the level 1
what can I say STOP playing ROM of Link's Awakening you have a quest to finish :)
Now, why would I do that when it's the first time I ever played the game? :D Besides, I'm almost done with it. But it can wait.