PDA

View Full Version : Two Beta Feature Questions...

Rakki
04-10-2006, 02:58 PM
The main question I have, what triggers affect Room State Carryovers? This is frusterating me beyond belief, because everything I've tried so far just does NOT want to work. Do RSCs not work on Dungeon Dmaps? And, do they not work if the trigger has appeared through tiered secrets? I was trying to make a simple switch block thing between two rooms, but I couldn't even do that, because after the switch state was carried over from room 1 to room 2, I couldn't get it to carry BACK over to room 1 because the switch in room two appeared through secret combos.

The other question I have is, what do I have to do to make an item appear on a Treasure Chest combo? I've tried placing an item in the room itself, and having the location of it be on the chest, and I've also tried setting it up through the Special Item room type, and neither way made the item APPEAR after the chest was opened (in the first case, the item was already sitting ON TOP of the treasure chest, and I couldn't even get the item in the second case).

THANK YOU in advance to anyone who can help me with these stupid problems.

LinktheMaster
04-10-2006, 04:48 PM
1) Room State Carryovers are mostly affected by any normal flag. This would include burn, strike, sword, boomerang, and other similar flags. Room State Carryovers are also triggered by permanent warps. However, push block puzzles and enemy secrets don't affect the room state carryover. Ways to counter this is to have the push block puzzles actually create permanent warps, which then will trigger the room state carryovers. I'm not sure what happens when you do a room state carryover into a room with tiered secrets, but if a room activates the RSC has tiered secrets, only the first secret is needed for the RSC to take place.

2) Treasure Chest Combos are activated by the Armos->Item Flag (10?). Also, set the room type to "Special item", and set that special item to whatever you want. ;)

Rakki
04-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I found out that RSCs don't work with push blocks after aggravating myself over that. They don't SEEM to work in Dungeon dmaps either, though, because when I had a strike flag set in a dungeon Dmap, it wouldn't trigger the carry over, but then when I ticked the "Treat as Cave" screen flag, it started working, one way. I couldn't remember how to make a switch that uses a strike flag to alternate between blocks being raised, and blocks being lowered (such as the switches in Isle of the Winds), so I was trying to make it so that you could only switch the switch back and forth by going between the two rooms, but it doesn't seem to work with tiered secrets. :( I recall somebody mentioning how to do this type of switch, with raising and lowering blocks between two or more screens, using RSCs. You wouldn't happen to know where that post was, would you? ^_^;

And another problem, for me. @_@ Apparently, the Armos->Item flag can't be inherent, because that's how I had it set up before, and the item WASN'T showing. Well, thanks for the help, LTM.

Edit: One more question: What's the point of the Block Hole combos, currently? I tried placing one, without solidity (because I remember hearing you can't push a block onto a block hole combo if it has solidity), and all that happened was that the under combo drew over the block hole as normal when I pushed the block onto and then off of it.

Nimono
04-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Edit: One more question: What's the point of the Block Hole combos, currently? I tried placing one, without solidity (because I remember hearing you can't push a block onto a block hole combo if it has solidity), and all that happened was that the under combo drew over the block hole as normal when I pushed the block onto and then off of it.
Block Holes are FLAGS. You must place the flag on the tile.

firefly
04-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Block Holes are FLAGS. You must place the flag on the tile.
And the combo transforms into the next combo.

Rakki
04-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Oops, I was trying to set it inherently. Which is why I thought it was a combo for a second there (I know what flags are, pikaguy :sweat:). Thanks, firefly.