PDA

View Full Version : Some more freeform combo suggestions

Cloral
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
These are ideas that are more related to making them easier to use than to adding functionality, but I think that making them easier to set up and use should be a focus.

* How about making it so that freeform combos can be placed visually rather than having to type x/y coordinates? I.e. you click a 'place combo' button and it lets you place it in much the same way the blue square gets placed.

* Along those lines, freeform combos could be set up to have 'stages'. Each stage would have a start and end point, a combo it uses, and a duration. This way you could set up complex movements without having to have supporting combos on the floor. For instance, say you wanted to have Link start at the bottom of the screen, walk up about halfway, turn left and walk to the edge of the screen. You would create a freeform combo with 2 stages. Stage 1 would look like Link walking upwards, have its starting point at the bottom of the screen and its end point about half way up. Stage 2 would look like Link walking to the left, have its start point where stage 1's end point is, and its end point on the left edge of the screen. I know this is currently possible, but this way would be easier and more sensical to set up. Plus, it could be possible to place the start/end points more prcisely than you can place combos, so if you wanted the turning point to be halfway between combos you could do that. Of course, you might want to have something like a trap that bounces about wildly, so it would be nice to also specify that you want to give it a velocity (like you currently do) instead of a destination.

ShadowTiger
04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
This would be exceptional stuff, Cloral,... just one little thing irks me about all of this though.

* How about making it so that freeform combos can be placed visually rather than having to type x/y coordinates? I.e. you click a 'place combo' button and it lets you place it in much the same way the blue square gets placed.From what I've heard, the movement of the Freeform combos needs to be EXACT for the interaction of the FF Change Combo. I think their coordinates must intersect precisely. Thus, when placing something manually like how this is implying, we may lose that precision. Thus, I think it should be slackened somewhat.

idontknow
04-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Those are decent ideas...here are some more:
1) Under the "Link to" drop down menu, in addition to Linking the Freeform combo to another, you should be able to Link it to Link (the character) This way, you could have a freeform combo that follows Link

2) A FFC flag called "Reverse Linking"--makes it so that whatever changes happen to the Linked combo, this combo does the opposite effect, which makes it so that one combo is constantly moving the opposite direction of the other. Example: One combo moves right, the other moves left. The first changes to go go Up, then second changes to go down.

3) Fix negative X Accel and Y Accel variables so a FFC can be negative, which indicates that it has an initial speed which slows down until eventually it stops.

4) Why is A. Delay named so? I figured A meant for animation but this variable does in fact delays is Movement so perhaps change this to "M. Delay"