PDA

View Full Version : Triggering secrets with Trigger Enemy and Boss Flag

Nimono
04-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Okay, I know how to trigger secrets using the Trigger enemy, but here's my question:

If I have a room that causes a warp to appear when all enemies are defeated, linking this room with the Dungeon Entrance, and this room is on a different DMap than the rest of the dungeon, will the Trigger enemy be defeated since the room is on the same map as the Trigger enemy and if you die to the enemies in this room you'll go back to the entrance?

To put it simply....

I have a mini-boss fight that you must defeat 3 Ropes and 3 Red Moblins in. Defeating them triggers a warp and gives you a Fairy. The warp links this room to the entrance to the dungeon. HOWEVER, the entrance is normally on a different DMap than the mini-boss fight, since I have special music for it. I KNOW that on the Mini-Boss DMap that Trigger enemy will be defeated and the warp activated. But what if I exit and re-enter the dungeon? Will the warp go away because I'm now on a different DMap? Or does it not matter as long as the other room marked "Dungeon Boss" is clear of enemies? (And as stated above, if you die to the Mini-Boss, you'll go back to the dungeon entrance, though with the Mini-Boss music playing....)

Freedom
04-09-2006, 04:59 PM
using a boss flag it has have the same level number on the other dmap

If you're using the 2.11 there is the room state carry over that makes this a whole lot easier, you just fill in the map and screen number.