PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Game Idea

granite
04-06-2006, 09:36 PM
I have an idea of a game that I would like to create.
I am just a gamer though, with 0 programming skills.

I am interested in collaberating with someone that makes high end vid games.

Perhaps even just selling my idea.

Any input would be appreciated

goKi
04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Uh. Perhaps you pitch the idea in this thread?

Grasshopper
04-06-2006, 11:26 PM
If you really have this awesome game idea, then you need to document it. Seriously. Even if you have no programming skills, game design starts with a design document, regardless. So you need a nice, detailed document explaining why your game is so awesome, what its about, how it functions, how a game might be played, features you want in the game, if it has a story, you need a detailed background on it, and how it relates the the game. I don't mean a 1 page document either. ;)

Any type of software needs a design plan, not just video games, so you might want to start there. :) If you don't have a plan, nothing comes together.

Me and several other students tried to develop software for our local animal shelter, and there weren't any concrete plans, no thanks to the professor teaching style, and the shelter wasn't cooperative either, so needless to say, it never got finished. I'm still trying to finish it up, but am going to pass if off to another after I graduate in a month.

Darth Marsden
04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
This is a good example of the sort of thing you want. (http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/noexpne.htm)

AlexMax
04-08-2006, 11:11 AM
I have an idea for a game.

There is this plane....see.....and there are SNAKES on it...

SNAKES ON A PLANE!

(this thread was a bad idea)

Kairyu
04-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I saw that on Gamefaqs on April Fools. Where's that from? Snakes on a Plane, I mean.

granite
04-09-2006, 04:10 AM
Uh. Perhaps you pitch the idea in this thread?

Lol, ok
see there these snakes
And they are on a plane
snakes on a plane
Not just plain snakes
They are plane snakes, these suckers fly and shit.
so whatdoya think?

goKi
04-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Snakes On A Motherfucking Plane!

MottZilla
04-09-2006, 01:59 PM
That's so much more exciting than being on a regular non-motherfucking plane. So do the plane snakes on the motherfucking plane also feature japanese snake tenticle rape?

granite
04-09-2006, 02:29 PM
That's so much more exciting than being on a regular non-motherfucking plane. So do the plane snakes on the motherfucking plane also feature japanese snake tenticle rape?

Yes, but only when the plane is in the act of fucking a mother.
They rape the tenticles, then dump them on the plain.
Some of the raped tenticles land on those fuckin terrorists in Iraq, and the terrorists get pissed of because they get mother fuckin plane snake spooge all over them.:scared: thats why their always blowing themselves up.
It's the only way to get rid of the mother fuckin plane snake spooge.

vegeta1215
04-10-2006, 12:09 AM
So...do you have a real game idea granite? If not, I'm going to close this thread.

granite
04-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Sorry, maybe I was a little too crude.

Anyway, yes I do have a vid game idea, but I cannot describe it other than the setting of the game is outer space.

You know, I have played so many vid games in my life, but there are a few things I dont like about most of them.

1. All the graphics in the world don't help unless the game itself is fun to begin with.

2. I HATE the whole marketing system of the vid game, and game console makers. They are more interested in pumping out games as fast as they can, and the games are way overpriced when they first come out. Their priorty goes like this(in my opinion) A. Profits (of course) B. Get the game on the market asap. C. Make the game attractive. ie; Graphics,
packaging, and exagerated advertising. D. fun

4. Then when the manufacturers like nintendo, sony, etc.
find that their sales start to level off, because everybody has already purchased their game platform, then they just come up with a new platform, and telling everyone that they need to buy it, why? because the graphics are better, but the overall enjoyment of the games dont seem to get much better.

Personally, I do not play into their marketing strategy.
I stay 2 yrs behind them.
I only buy games, and game systems, when they begin to be obsolete.

Anyway, I would like to create a game, with overall enjoyment being the FIRST priority.

Although as yet, I'm not really that motivated
unless of course I could find the right person, someone who knows everything, then it would be easy.
atm I'm busy making a living.