PDA

View Full Version : DemoEx redux

Intchanter
04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I've been playing DemoEx for a while now and really enjoy it. I am determined to see my way to the conclusion and find all the treasures and secrets. It may be one of the best quests ever written.

The version of DemoEx that I have came with the ZC 2.10 release and its own version information indicates release on 2005.12.30.

I did have a little frustration in level 1 with getting trapped in a room with a Gohma and no bow after saving. I restarted the game and made sure to get the bow before going in there, but perhaps a bow-only secret would help resolve this frustration?

I also uncovered an issue that I think is resolvable in the wand cave. If you walk into the room with the encounter and immediately walk back out, you'll find yourself in one of a series of blank rooms. This can be resolved by adding a forced walk on entry to the room, which I've seen used elsewhere.

And now we come to my current concern, which is that I am once again (seemingly) irretrievably stuck, this time at the level 2 boss. I originally entered with 1.5 hearts and quickly died. I saved, and when I was able to return, I could not see Link, but all the attacks were aimed at the far upper-left corner of the screen. In hope that I could resolve the issue (I don't normally like cheats, as they remove all challenge from a game), I sought and discovered a password that unlocked level 3 cheats, but this doesn't include "no walls", which I suspect I need.

Since I have already restarted once, I am loathe to do so again, especially since I do not know how to prevent my current predicament from recurring. Any help is much appreciated.

Intchanter

Intchanter
04-08-2006, 05:52 AM
UPDATE:

I restarted yet again (this time using 1.92 so I could bring ZConsole to bear if needed) and managed to reach the level 3 boss before getting stuck again. This time, if I bring up the map, I can see that Link is in the entrance room of the dungeon, but it doesn't appear to exist. The only room that is mapped is the boss room, which appears to be normal for boss encounters at least for this quest.

Activating ZConsole and turning on cheats, I see that the "No walls" cheat doesn't allow me to do anything either. To forestall any screenshot requests, the room area of the screen just shows solid black with no characters or features.

At this point, I'm going to chalk it up to a quest or program bug and just wait for a reply. I'll offer my help debugging this issue as well.

In the meantime, I recommend anyone playing this quest (from my limited knowledge and experience, so salt as necessary) only Continue or Retry after death in a boss encounter as opposed to my procedure of saving and then loading the saved game (boss or not).

Intchanter