PDA

View Full Version : Whistle dries up lake?

alfinchkid
04-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I want a whistle to dry up a lake so that you can get the gold ring. Similar to in the original, but I don't want stairs to appear, just the lake dried. Is there a way to do this? And if so, how? I don't even know how to make it so stairs appear...

BTW: Once I get this problem solved, I'll add in the overworld enemis then my quest will be ready for publishing, so keep and eye out for it in a week or so...

Nimono
04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
I want a whistle to dry up a lake so that you can get the gold ring. Similar to in the original, but I don't want stairs to appear, just the lake dried. Is there a way to do this? And if so, how? I don't even know how to make it so stairs appear...

BTW: Once I get this problem solved, I'll add in the overworld enemis then my quest will be ready for publishing, so keep and eye out for it in a week or so...
Well, I heard that using the whistle makes all water on the screen walkable, so you'd think that just putting the Whistle->Stairs screen flag on the screen would work. You can just put a dried-up lake tile as the Stairs Secret Combo. If that doesn't work, just do what they do in 2.10test: Use Whistle Flags (not the screen flag). It'll require a handful of secret combos, though. Either way, if you want the Gold Ring to appear AFTER the lake dries up, you'll NEED to put whistle flags on the screen. Make an identical "lake" on layer 3, and put Secret Flag 16 on every portion of it. Make this combo invisible. Then, when you blow the whistle, the layer goes away.

alfinchkid
04-05-2006, 07:58 PM
No, I want the gold ring right and visible, tempting people on their way to level 2 (the whistle will be accessable after level 9, right before the second Ganon fight.).

Nimono
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
No, I want the gold ring right and visible, tempting people on their way to level 2 (the whistle will be accessable after level 9, right before the second Ganon fight.).
Okay, then ignore the part that tells you how to make it seem like it's not there, but use everything else I told you.