PDA

View Full Version : Our Homeland Security at it's best!

rocksfan13
04-04-2006, 11:59 AM
In the news today......

Two U.S. air marshals pleaded guilty Monday to accepting money to smuggle cocaine on a flight to Las Vegas and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors.

The marshals admitted they accepted $15,000 to use their positions as air marshals to bypass airport security and smuggle 15 pounds of cocaine.

Homeland Security spokesman David Adams said that Sholar and Nguyen remained on indefinite suspension without pay.

According to the criminal complaint, Nguyen, 32, smuggled two envelopes containing drug money and fraudulent government documents past airport security in December.

Nguyen then discussed with the informant smuggling large loads of cocaine and bringing in others to help, according to the complaint.

Authorities had said Nguyen recruited Sholar, 38, for the plan.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark McIntyre said the investigation is continuing.

What next? Bombs? Poison?

I find this quite disturbing. Makes me want to fly real soon.Thoughts?

Gerudo
04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
all our tax money going to a good cause, let me tell ya... heh, always at least one bad apple in a tree though...

fucking idiots... let them smuggle airplanes into more buildings, that'd be nice... 9_9

Master Ghaleon
04-04-2006, 07:00 PM
I find this quite disturbing. Makes me want to fly real soon.Thoughts?

I will be flying for the first time in a year or two and Im already kinda nervous about it anyways. I dont need to hear about people getting bribed to allow things on board that shouldnt be(like bombs)

Im going to cancun!

rocksfan13
04-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Im going to cancun!
Sorry if this upsets you.

When you get back, maybe you can enlighten us on how it looks after what happened last year.

Dechipher
04-05-2006, 07:45 PM
As dumb as these guys are, I highly doubt they would have consented to allowing bombs on board. Drug money is (practically) harmless, if you think about it. As much as I disagree with drugs and their use, I cannot honestly say that this would affect anyone other than the dealers and the consumers.