PDA

View Full Version : Play on my TV ???

Bull Bizard
04-04-2006, 05:37 AM
I don't really know if I'm in the good section, but...

Is there a way to put Zelda classic and my quest in a CD for example which is readable by any media to play on my TV than on my computer ???

I think it's not possible... But It will be a great thing, no ?

Nicholas Steel
04-04-2006, 06:54 AM
buy a video card for your computer that outputs to tv's.

in answer to your question you cant because you just cant, ok?

linkman652
04-06-2006, 03:50 PM
my friends has but he wont tel so theres a way

Bull Bizard
04-07-2006, 08:10 AM
my friends has but he wont tel so theres a way

He won't tell you ???
Special kind of friend, no ?

Rakki
04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
If you have an Xbox (might possibly work with Xbox 360 as well, not sure though), you can run ZC on it, through modding. This page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_motherboard_replacement) might show you how to mod it (I didn't check myself, I just searched for it). You MIGHT also be able to play it off of a Dreamcast, since those can read CDs somehow, although I've never heard of somebody around here playing ZC on their DC. You might have to Google for answers on this one. And of course, there's the easiest method, which franpa mentioned: get a new video card for your PC which outputs to TV.

Majora
04-16-2006, 12:43 PM
I don't know but I think this might work: If you have a GC, the GB player, and a special "blank" GBA cartrige, you could probably play ZC on your TV

Cloral
04-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll move this to ZC Discussion since this isn't really about ZQuest.

As for the topic at hand, a video card with TV out would be the easiest solution. My last video card had that capability, though I never used it because I have a fairly nice monitor. Though playing ZC on your TV would be great for nostalgia.

Sir_Johnamus
04-16-2006, 07:42 PM
If you have an Xbox (might possibly work with Xbox 360 as well, not sure though), you can run ZC on it, through modding. This page might show you how to mod it (I didn't check myself, I just searched for it).
That page says to swap motherboards, and it can't play xbox games after that.

MottZilla
04-18-2006, 01:55 AM
First off, no, you can't play ZC on your Xbox unless you actually were to run windows on it. Next, no you cannot play ZC on GBA. No you can't play it on DS, DreamCast, PS2, your Microwave, your DvD player, not even on your pet lobster. You can play ZC on your PC running DOS or Windows, or any platform that can emulate DOS or Windows to the ability required to run a program like ZC.

If you want to play ZC on a TV, get a video card with TV out. Damn near anything by ATi or nVidia today has composite or Svideo output. Otherwise, just be satisfied with ZC on your PC. Buy a better monitor if you hate your monitor.