PDA

View Full Version : Combo blue square

Bull Bizard
04-04-2006, 05:15 AM
I've tried many things but I don't get waht is the "light blue square" at the right of the "pink square" in the combo data.

The pink one is for blocking the way, ok... But the light blue one ?

rocksfan13
04-04-2006, 09:44 AM
The light blue square displays the combos color specific to cset setting. If you set a combo that is only to work in a certain cset, you would use this box to show the cset specific colors of the combo on the screen.

If you only have 1/2 of it shaded, then only 1/2 will appear correctly. 1 corner, only that corner will appear correctly. Understand?

Freedom
04-04-2006, 10:34 AM
It allows you to use 2 csets on one tile.

Bull Bizard
04-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Oh ok :)

Hum... I think I will not use this option... But it may be good for people who really care about their graphics !

rocksfan13
04-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Graphics could make or break a quest. So be careful.

Bull Bizard
04-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Graphics could make or break a quest. So be careful.

I don't really get the meaning of this ...

By the way I use similar graphics like in 2.10test quest.
I think people who have great huge graphics use this option...
My style is classic but fine, ... I think. :)

Nimono
04-06-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't really get the meaning of this ...
It means that graphics can be the deciding factor on whether or not your quest is any good. Difficulty and fun aren't the only factors. The quest can be of fair difficulty and be very fun, but people won't like it if it looks TERRIBLE. Looks aren't always everything, but when it comes to games, looks ARE everything. So beware.

Bull Bizard
04-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Hum... I see... :)
But I think my graphic are good but not terribly good like some others games.
It's like an GB color one, maybe a little more...

The fact is that is not horrible... :) I think I'm using it simply (maybe too) but it's fair. Maybe you'll see it someday !

cbailey78
04-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Now in the latest beta which is b10, that will set that light blue square shading obsolete BECAUSE we now have alot better feature! You can set the tile to a 256 colors in one tile by pressing 'b' on a tile in the main tile editing page.

Bull Bizard
04-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Oh my... :(
So whan I will finish my quest I will realize that my grapohics would be much greater if I have waited for the new version... That's always like that ! :rolleyes:

WindStrike
04-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Don't bother waiting for 2.11. In one of his recent posts, Jman said 2.11 won't come out for a while, which could mean like, 6-12 months. Yeah, so it would be better if you just finished it up right now and then come back to it when 2.11 officially comes out and remake some of it and add detail.

Bull Bizard
04-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Yes, you're right !
:)

Cloral
04-09-2006, 02:01 PM
If you're using the classic graphics then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Some may say you should use new and updated graphics, but there are still many who like the classic look.

Nimono
04-09-2006, 02:04 PM
BUT if you use the Classic graphics, you're going to get few colors to work with, making it hard for you to make your own tiles. You usually only get one shade for each color in the CSets.

Rakki
04-10-2006, 02:00 PM
He can always add colors to the palettes if he needs. I say, go for the classic graphics, Bull Bizard. This is going to be your first quest, isn't it? So, who says the graphics have to be complicated?

Bull Bizard
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Oh. When I say "classic" it's not the original ones. :)
It's the ones like in 2.10test... Like GB color, you see ? It's a little altered.
Yes, it's my first quest. It's not a zelda game too, with link and ganon... But I think I will make a zelda game as my 2nd quest. (This time I will use the "Classic graphics" :) )