PDA

View Full Version : Enemy ??

Bull Bizard
04-04-2006, 05:12 AM
In the enemy list there is "trigger".
What is that thing ? If I use it in several ways it doesn't appear... :shakeno:

rocksfan13
04-04-2006, 09:42 AM
The trigger enemy will never apear. You would use this if you were using special things that "trigger" after you defeat a certain enemy or boss. It's quite exstensive to explain.

Bull Bizard
04-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Hum....
Any example ? :)

rocksfan13
04-05-2006, 03:27 PM
A good example quest with these in it are Castle Haunt 2 and Dreams of Yesterday.

There was a tutorial that was created by someone. Who, I don't remember.

firefly
04-05-2006, 05:47 PM
A good example quest with these in it are Castle Haunt 2 and Dreams of Yesterday.

There was a tutorial that was created by someone. Who, I don't remember.
Nick and Praethus on LinkTheMaster's tutorial.
(I'll look for the link) :)
DONE!
LinktheMaster's tutorial (http://filespace.org/LinktheMaster/EZQT.exe)

Nimono
04-05-2006, 06:01 PM
A good way to use this is to make a portal appear after beating a certain enemy. In one of the quests I'm making, I'm making a portal appear in EACH DUNGEON after beating the Mini-Boss of the dungeon. The portal warps you between the mini-boss room and the entrance to the dugneon. Of course, the mini-boss will ALWAYS be deep into the dungeon, at a place you'd take a while getting to without the portal.

Bull Bizard
04-06-2006, 10:07 AM
A good way to use this is to make a portal appear after beating a certain enemy. In one of the quests I'm making, I'm making a portal appear in EACH DUNGEON after beating the Mini-Boss of the dungeon. The portal warps you between the mini-boss room and the entrance to the dugneon. Of course, the mini-boss will ALWAYS be deep into the dungeon, at a place you'd take a while getting to without the portal.

Oh ! I wanted to do a thing like that... Like in the Game boy game's !
So If I understand, I put the "trigger" below (or above) the name of the enemy ?
Then to make a portal warp, I use what ? The secret tile 16 for exemple ?

EDIT : I've tried this warp... But how do you make the warp at the entrance of the dongeon appear ?? In the mini boss room there is no problem but in the first room I don't get it... :shakeno:
I'm using the "enemy >>> secret" by the way and not the "trigger" (in the enemy list)... I've tried to put "trigger" below, or above, it doesn't work !

rocksfan13
04-06-2006, 11:59 AM
You have to select Dungeon Boss on the entrance as well.

Bull Bizard
04-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh ! :)
Thanks for this !!
I will do that.

Rakki
04-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Be advised that using this method, you have to put the REAL dungeon boss on a second Dmap for the dungeon, otherwise, it won't show up because you've already killed the "dungeon boss" mini-boss.

Nimono
04-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Be advised that using this method, you have to put the REAL dungeon boss on a second Dmap for the dungeon, otherwise, it won't show up because you've already killed the "dungeon boss" mini-boss.
Actually, you DON'T need to put it on a different DMap (unless you're using dungeon boss music). You don't even need "Dungeon Boss" to make a boss a boss. The only reason people use it is so you can disable the Boss Roar SFX, which I'm not sure most people use.

Rakki
04-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Actually, you DON'T need to put it on a different DMap (unless you're using dungeon boss music). You don't even need "Dungeon Boss" to make a boss a boss. The only reason people use it is so you can disable the Boss Roar SFX, which I'm not sure most people use.
Yeah, actually, I forgot to mention that. Two dmaps are only necessary if you plan to use the boss roar, or have some other trigger set off by killing the real boss. Thanks for pointing that out.

ShadowTiger
04-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Okay, the way this works, (Don't bother with this unless it's the specific killing of an enemy which triggers this.) is that when you kill all of the killable enemies on the screen, (Best not to put bubbles or other unkillable enemies on that screen.) and the screen has the F12-menu "Boss Room" flag on, then all other rooms with that flag will have their enemies killed as well at the same time that you clear all enemies from the room.

Thus, you can have Enemies-->Secret activate as you enter the room, despite any number of enemies in the room before you enter it.

Bull Bizard
04-10-2006, 10:41 AM
It's a little confusing to me, but, I wonder if it is possible to make a mini boss and a boss in a dongeon (in a same dmap) which never appear again if they are killed ? Because, like you say, if I put "dongeon boss" in the mini boss room and kill it, the (real) boss at the end of my dongeon will die too :(
I've tried to put the "trigger" (in the ennemy list) below or above the enemy and it is not working... :(

firefly
04-10-2006, 12:01 PM
It's a little confusing to me, but, I wonder if it is possible to make a mini boss and a boss in a dongeon (in a same dmap) which never appear again if they are killed ? Because, like you say, if I put "dongeon boss" in the mini boss room and kill it, the (real) boss at the end of my dongeon will die too :(
I've tried to put the "trigger" (in the ennemy list) below or above the enemy and it is not working... :(
Here's another easier method:
The enemy Trigger MUST be on the FIRST slot of the eNeMy LiSt (I messed up... hehe), then check the Enemy Flag (F12) "Dungeon boss", and the screen flag "Enemies->Secret" (room "A"), do the same on the room you want the secrets to trigger (room "B"), in the room "A" place a KillAllEnemies item, when you take it the trigger enemy will be killed and the secrets will be triggered on room B.
Hope that helps. :D

Bull Bizard
04-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Using "kill all enemy" item is an obligation ???:confused:

rocksfan13
04-11-2006, 01:07 PM
No. Using that item only ensures that you get all the enemies, including the trigger. If you do it right, the trigger should already be gone due to the dungeon boss flag.

Bull Bizard
04-15-2006, 04:04 AM
I've tried to do the thing with your helps but it's not matching... :(
There is something I don't get, I thinK.

I have 2 bosses in the same Dmap (first, I don't think if it's possible). The fact is that I don't want the 2 bosses re appear after they die.

Ok, so the 1st one is a mini boss. I want when I kill it that it trigger a "warp case" that lead at the dongeon entrance (Like in the Game boy Zelda games) and open a shutter door to continue the dongeon.

The 2nd is the one guarding the triforce. (Beat it trigger the opening of the shutter.)

So, when I do what you are saying to me (maybe I don't anderstand), the fact is that I have to kill the 2 bosses to have the screts to work ! (The warp case and the shutters).

I've tried to work with "Trigger" (enemy list) but I don't see differences when I use it or not. :shakeno:

Maybe I have a big problem to anderstand you but it's important to me to accomplish this ! :)

Nimono
04-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I've tried to do the thing with your helps but it's not matching... :(
There is something I don't get, I thinK.

I have 2 bosses in the same Dmap (first, I don't think if it's possible). The fact is that I don't want the 2 bosses re appear after they die.

Ok, so the 1st one is a mini boss. I want when I kill it that it trigger a "warp case" that lead at the dongeon entrance (Like in the Game boy Zelda games) and open a shutter door to continue the dongeon.

The 2nd is the one guarding the triforce. (Beat it trigger the opening of the shutter.)

So, when I do what you are saying to me (maybe I don't anderstand), the fact is that I have to kill the 2 bosses to have the screts to work ! (The warp case and the shutters).

I've tried to work with "Trigger" (enemy list) but I don't see differences when I use it or not. :shakeno:

Maybe I have a big problem to anderstand you but it's important to me to accomplish this ! :)
If you only want the mini-boss to trigger secrets on a different screen, don't flag the boss of the Dungeon as Dungeon Boss. Dungeon Bosses aren't characterized by the enemy flag, but by the fact that you have to beat them to gain access to the Triforce room.

Tygore
04-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Here's how it works:
-a Trigger is just an enemy that does nothing: it does not appear, does not do damage, and cannot be hurt normally. The idea is that you use it to trigger a secret that is normally done by killing enemies.
-A boss flag does two things: disables that Level #'s boss Roar, and renders all enemies in any flagged room as defeated permanently. Because the standard Boss Enemies (such as Aquamentus) never return anyway, you can bypass the Boss Flag for them and use it for a mini-boss.

Bull Bizard
04-16-2006, 04:34 AM
Ok ! So I anderstand a bit more ! Thanks !
:)
So, Aquamentus, never come back like other basic bosses ? Hum... :)
Ok, I'll put the flag on my mini boss and not to aquamentus (it's my 1st boss). But if I kill the mini boss (it don't do the roar) the roar of my real boss (aquamentus) will go away, no ?

Nimono
04-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Ok ! So I anderstand a bit more ! Thanks !
:)
So, Aquamentus, never come back like other basic bosses ? Hum... :)
Ok, I'll put the flag on my mini boss and not to aquamentus (it's my 1st boss). But if I kill the mini boss (it don't do the roar) the roar of my real boss (aquamentus) will go away, no ?
Correct. You DO NOT have to use the Boss Roar sound effect, though.

Bull Bizard
04-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh... :shakeno:
That's a pity... :(