PDA

View Full Version : Ganon/Zelda help!

alfinchkid
04-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Okay: GANON: I want a game where you fight Ganon twice, same battle, as it is part of the storyline (you escape his castle into a land powered by memories, and your memory of Ganon revives him). Can I do this?

ZELDA: I tried the game, everything is working smoothly... until Zelda's room (I skipped the Ganon fights). In this room, the middle has the "default tile" (the one the default Nayru's love starts with), the traditional fires, and the room set up as I want. One problem: I CAN"T WIN THE GAME! No matter where I go, I cannot win the game. Why not?

Also, since we're talking end of game here, can I have my "end game" string more than one string long by Linking it with others like a regular string?

rocksfan13
04-02-2006, 11:15 PM
The last 2 I can answer.

As for the end game. You need to place the Zelda flag #15 somewhere in that room.

And no you can't link the end string to another.

firefly
04-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Okay: GANON: I want a game where you fight Ganon twice, same battle, as it is part of the storyline (you escape his castle into a land powered by memories, and your memory of Ganon revives him). Can I do this?
Maybe, Just use 2 Gannon rooms, but I think you'll still get your big triforce pieces from ganon...

Bull Bizard
04-03-2006, 04:07 AM
alfinchkid : "can I have my "end game" string more than one string long by Linking it with others like a regular string?"

>>> For the end string you can link a 2nd string at the first one.

If you want more strings you can put the strings at the entrence of the room of Zelda.

WindStrike
04-03-2006, 06:14 AM
To do the Ganon thing twice, I believe you need to make a custom boss. As for doing it, I think it was somewhere in idontknow's tutorial, but I'm not sure.

Tygore
04-03-2006, 06:18 AM
You can create as many Ganon rooms as you like. The trick Windstrike mentioned is to have multiple Ganons per room.

EDIT: I did a double-check. The rooms have to be on different-numbered Levels, but otherwise it works. Unless you want the quest of 101 Ganons, you should be fine.

EDIT2: In zelda's room, set Guy->Zelda and use Flag 15.

rocksfan13
04-03-2006, 08:41 AM
For the end string you can link a 2nd string at the first one.

This will NOT work. The end string is just before they both raise the triforce on the black background. It will display only one line of string. It does not act like the rest and give you the more button to continue.

If you want more strings you can put the strings at the entrence of the room of Zelda.

This will. With this Zelda will say whatever you want and as many lines as you want. It will supply you with the more button to continue.

Nimono
04-03-2006, 04:05 PM
This will NOT work. The end string is just before they both raise the triforce on the black background. It will display only one line of string. It does not act like the rest and give you the more button to continue.
Actually, I've noticed that if you have any strings AFTER the end string (on the string editor, that is), they'll appear before the credits appear, one after another, until there's no more.

alfinchkid
04-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Actually, I've noticed that if you have any strings AFTER the end string (on the string editor, that is), they'll appear before the credits appear, one after another, until there's no more.

Okay, you guys gave me encouragement, and now I have what I experienced:

Ganon: I have multiple Ganons without custom boses. I also don't need the tutorial (I have a custom boss in my game).

Zelda: Ok, thanks, it worked.

End string: I can link a single string, it didn't work with the 5 I wanted, but I cut a few things from the ending speech.