PDA

View Full Version : need help with first sword

mean man
04-02-2006, 05:01 PM
So at the moment im creating the part of my game were my character gets his sword and i need help with 2 things

1:when i try to put the man who gives you your wooden sword in a certain cave he doesn't appear on the game whats up with that?

2:how do i make it so he gives me my first sword because i try to place my wooden sword in the cave center but it appears in the top left corner of the screen

very gratefull from any help, thanks!

rocksfan13
04-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Use a room type special item. Then press "A" and select the sword.

mean man
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM
howcome when i go in the room nothing appears at all

firefly
04-02-2006, 05:54 PM
2:how do i make it so he gives me my first sword because i try to place my wooden sword in the cave center but it appears in the top left corner of the screen
I know your problem is answered, but I see that you have this problem:

Press PG UP and some colored squares will appear at the bottom, click on the one with the rupee and place it on the plage you want the item. :googly:

mean man
04-02-2006, 05:59 PM
ok thanks mate i got the sword in the right place now what about the man ?

firefly
04-02-2006, 06:06 PM
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room18/458063/Item_placement.PNG

You're right, click on the one with the rupee and place it on the place you want the item.
Just ask if you dont understand. :D

mean man
04-02-2006, 06:08 PM
one more thing howcome the man isnt showing up in his cave?:confused:
i tryed placing the old man somewere in the cave with them warp things but nothing happens i just appear in the cave next to sword

firefly
04-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Do you have a Room type (Hotkey 'R'), Guy (Hotkey 'G'), String (Hotkey 'S') and Special item (Hotkey 'A') in the cave?

Freedom
04-02-2006, 06:13 PM
many tilesets remove the guy sprites so people can use different ones on layers in their place.
What tileset are you using?

mean man
04-02-2006, 06:24 PM
yeah i have all that fire fly and freedom by tileset do u mean if im using zeldaclassic graphics if so i am?

firefly
04-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Have a look to this tutorial:

Alphadawg's Tutorial. (http://www.filelodge.com/files/room18/458063/AlphadawgsTutorial.zip)

Extract the files to an empty folder and open Index.html

EDIT:

yeah i have all that fire fly and freedom by tileset do u mean if im using zeldaclassic graphics if so i am?
There are many tilesets for Zelda Classic, you can find them in some places like PureZC (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&sort=rating), what Freedom is asking is that if you're using one of those tilesets or if you're using the classic tileset (the one that comes in the editor by default)

LinkMaster500
04-02-2006, 09:32 PM
If you are using the classic tileset, the guy tiles are already built in, so all you have to do is press the "G" key and pick who you want as the "guy" for that screen (e.g. abei). You can check to see if you have it set right by pressing Page Down until you see the words, "Guy", "String", and "Room" on the bottom. You should have it set like this:

Guy: abei (or whoever you pick)
String: Whatever you want the "guy" to say
Room: Special Item
Special Item: Sword 1 (wooden) (to do this, press "A", then pick the wooden sword from the item list

If you still need help, refer to the AlphaDawg tutorial that Firefly mentioned.