PDA

View Full Version : Tools-->Preview Mode

ShadowTiger
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I think I may have posted this -somewhere- already but I honestly can't for the life of me locate its position on the forums, so I may as well post it again. :shrug: I figure this is easier than pie to implement, but also extremely helpful in the "What are all the new undocumented features of ZQuest?" department.

Tools --> Preview Mode

The way I figure it, it's nice and evident in a menu, if it's up there, and we can also free up "x" for something else. Thoughts?

Nimono
04-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I think I may have posted this -somewhere- already but I honestly can't for the life of me locate its position on the forums, so I may as well post it again. :shrug: I figure this is easier than pie to implement, but also extremely helpful in the "What are all the new undocumented features of ZQuest?" department.

Tools --> Preview Mode

The way I figure it, it's nice and evident in a menu, if it's up there, and we can also free up "x" for something else. Thoughts?
I didn't even know there was a preview mode.

ShadowTiger
04-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Case in point. :blah:

LinktheMaster
04-02-2006, 03:04 PM
What's wrong with "X"? Couldn't we utilize both the menu bar and the buttom? :blah:

ShadowTiger
04-02-2006, 03:46 PM
All I'm saying here is that as it is, people like pikaguy9000 have (Had!) no way of knowing about Preview mode. If it was available (As well?) as from the Tools menu, this problem could be avoided, now couldn't it? :p

Whether "x" or not changes is up to you.

firefly
04-02-2006, 11:16 PM
This could also be applied with the item placement and link's placement flags, or a way of making hotkeys more visible, lately I've seen LOTS of hard to learn hotkeys that there's no way to know about them if you're not in the forums, such as "Left shift+ctrl+L" (It may not exist, but there are some very similar).

Perhaps all of these features should be organized in their correspondent place, such as for example: 'Left shift+ctrl+L' in the freeform combos menu.

I bet this should make it more user friendly and easier to use for newcomers.