PDA

View Full Version : Dodongo bug

Bull Bizard
04-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Maybe it's a known bug...

I've put two dodongo in a dongeon as Bosses.
The two are different : one is the classic and the other one is the "BS Dodongo".

The bug : When I kill the Classic one, for example, and I go out the room and come back there is still one dodongo but the classic one and not the BS.
(I've checked the rule "must kill all bosses")

koopa
04-02-2006, 08:11 AM
ZC just stores the number of enemies still alive in the room, when you re-enter the room the first enemies in the list still exist. So if you place a bat and a darknut in a room, in that order, then if you kill the bat and exit/return there'll be just a bat and no darknut. This is one of the standard 'tricks' for clearing rooms of hard enemies. (Put the darknut first in the enemy list and when you return there'll be just the darknut, whichever one you kill).

It's not a bug, it's a feature, you could say.

And that's also why most boss rooms have the entrance door set as one-way shutter or just shutter, so you can't exit/reenter boss rooms.

Bull Bizard
04-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Oh ! Thank you Koopa !:highfive:
I didn't know that trick !

I will fixe this bug now !:computer:

eXodus
04-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Aren't both of them treated as Bosses? If "Must kill all bosses" was active, then the Enemy Order trick should be completely irrelevant, as all bosses have not been killed yet.

Bull Bizard
04-03-2006, 04:01 AM
Aren't both of them treated as Bosses?

I've checked the "kill all bosses" rule, and also the enemy flag "dongeon boss" for my dodogos, but the fact was that if I was killing the first enemy of the list, go out and then come back there was the first enemy of the list and not the 2nd.