PDA

View Full Version : Can Keep Old Items rule-Can someone explain this?

Nimono
04-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Can someone explain the purpose of the "Can Keep old Items" rule to me? I have yet to find out what it does.....

Nicholas Steel
05-05-2006, 10:38 AM
hmm... well can someone explain it?

Pineconn
05-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Quoted from the ZQuest manuel: "Allows you to generally keep older items when you get new items. So, if an item is disabled or stolen, you can use a previous item you may still have." What it means? No idea.

Rakki
05-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I WOULD say that this probably decides whether or not you keep things like the Magic Sheild after you get the Mirror, but the Mirror Shield can't be eaten by Like Likes, so there's no way to tell. :shrug: Perhaps it was implemented for future use, and they just haven't gotten around to allowing us to disable or remove items from the player yet?

Pineconn
05-06-2006, 02:22 PM
That would make sense, keeping the magic shield after losing the mirror shield. But, again, it's not possible. :p

symbiote
05-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Red bubble steals your Magic Sword? No problem, just use the wooden one you have stored away somewhere.

This rule would be more useful if more items could be 'gotten rid of'. Instead of a 'Your Money or Life' room, why not a 'Gimme your Red Candle or you ain't leavin'!' room. Then you'd be forced to use the inferior Blue Candle instead.

This would work for rings, swords, shields, candles, arrows- basically anything that has more than one version (once upon a time: ocarina2, boots2...)

Now, seeing that I am NOT a dev, or even a beta-guy... this is just conjecture and common sense speaking. Am I way off base?

rocksfan13
05-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Then why not post this suggestion in the beta 11 seggestions thread?

Nicholas Steel
05-11-2006, 10:11 AM
the quote from the manual was enough for me to understand the rule.

- thanks for the replys

swordmaster
05-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Ohhhh. I was wondering about that too. Will someone please help with my bs zelda graphics problem.:) :confused: :confused: