PDA

View Full Version : dungeon door secret....

MasterRyu
04-01-2006, 12:15 AM
In my first dungeon, I have some secret combos setup to reveal a side door when a block is moved and a scrolling sidewarp to take you to the adjacent screen - technically it works, but when you walk back through to the other screen, you walk through the wall, which looks crappy. Is there a way to keep the secret combos for a screen triggered? (I am using secret combo boxes 16-21 for the door). I have tried the "no secret reset" option in the screen data menu for the latest beta, but it doesn't do anything, and the permanent secrets option doesn't do anything either, is there any way to do this OUTSIDE of creating an identical DMAP etc. ?

Freedom
04-01-2006, 12:17 AM
screen data- treat as cave dmap

MasterRyu
04-01-2006, 01:06 PM
thanks for the advice, but that didn't quite work out...for one thing, the entry ways appear under link now, and for another, I get stuck in the wall as the side warp doesn't work, and the door does not stay on the wall.

Freedom
04-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Cave dmaps... secrets are permanent
Dungeon dmaps... secrets are temporary.

cave dmaps... automatic doors don't work
Dungeon dmaps... automatic doors work

cave dmaps... Link doesn't walk in the 2 tiles from the edge
Dungeon dmaps... Link walks in the 2 tiles from the edge

When using the freeform dungeons rule (clicked in rules) doorways appear under Link unless you click on the combos and choose overhead as their combo type.
You should set all of your doorway TOPS to overhead combos.

Overhead combos must be on layer 0 to work, in screens where you need them on layer1 to allow temp triggers to be placed on layer 0 to open the door from the other direction, you will need to put a door top on layer 3.

That should be enough info for you to fix your problem.

MasterRyu
04-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I understand all that, but the treat as cave feature does not work at this time - the secrets in the room are NOT permanent, so I end up walking into a wall on return. True, I could use identical dungeon maps and such, but they would mess up the dungeon map view overall, and duplicating an entire dungeon for one secret door seems like quite a bit of work for a little bit of gameplay. Thanks anyway.

Rakki
04-01-2006, 08:41 PM
...I have some secret combos setup to reveal a side door when a block is moved...
There's your problem right there. The "Treat as Cave" screen flag DOES work, but blocks are NEVER counted as permanent secrets. So if it's a block that's setting off the secret combos, then those aren't going to count as permanent either, no matter what. They have to be set off by something like a burn, bomb, etc. flag to count as permanent in a Cave Dmap or a "Treat as Cave" room.

MasterRyu
04-01-2006, 09:26 PM
ah...I did not realize that, well, I guess I will have to do away with the door secret or find some other trigger..thanks for the help.

Freedom
04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
no you don't have to do away with it. put it on layer 1 and temp triggers under it on layer 0 so when you come back from the other direction it will open.
Note I said this above ;)