PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Grasshopper
03-31-2006, 01:05 AM
How was this game? Was it good? I didn't hear much of it. I'm kind of annoyed at the whole situation in the publishing of the game.

For one, I believe it was in development for the PC before the Xbox version, the company had problems finding publishers, the game got delayed and delayed. I've actually had this game reserved for the PC since May 2003, as well as paying it off in full, I still have the receipt. It finally gets a publisher, and gets made for the Xbox. Take Two though really ony cares about the Xbox version, so I've heard, so when Headfirst went under, they were sure to get the Xbox version out, but the PC game got tossed aside. Since I don't own an Xbox, I still haven't played it. If it wasn't for a lone programmer that worked on the game by himself to get it done for the PC, it probably wouldn't have seen the light of day.

Bethesda finally announces after much delay that the game will be released on 3/23 in UK, and 3/28 in US. I'm estatic. Almost 3 years of waiting and I'm finally going to get the PC game. Video game stores finally have a solid date for 3/28/06. But March 28th comes but no phone call, the store I work for doesn't have the game yet. The date slips to 4/1/06, then it slips again, to 4/17/06... What the heck is going on? The game has been released in UK already, the game has been on the Xbox for months, and has been delisted at several stores now.

They said they weren't going to announce the date until they were sure of it. Well, where the heck is my game?! I've waited too long for this thing. I'm sure if I waited over two years, I can wait another half a month, but everytime it gets a few days from release date, the date slips back another few days. Its just an evil tease, to get that close, and take and back. Its not fair, and I'm angry about it.

I just felt like blowing of some steam...

So, is the game any good?

P.S. The game in my signature keeps getting delayed as well, 2 years of waiting for that game as well. I'm cursed.

Dogchew9
04-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Hmmm..... Call of Cthulu.... what does that remind me of..... Wait. Isn't there an episode of a Billy and Mandy under that title?