PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of Yesterday improvements

jman2050
03-30-2006, 01:55 PM
How would you improve DOY? Be specific.

Just asking btw.

ShadowTiger
03-30-2006, 02:08 PM
There were a lot of graphical anomalies, such as terrain items not blending in with their surroundings, things not shaded properly, (Again, terrain.) a lack of that "Bush," "Flower," "Tall Grass" etc stuff.

A lot of it was also rather difficult.

The final area could have a "compass" or something like that which would show which the spikeblock direction is at the moment. (My grammar fails me when I need it most. X x.) I think the items could use a graphical overhaul, but that's just me. They're actually pretty darn good items.

The train though, ... THAT could use a graphical overhaul. More to come.

Petoe
03-30-2006, 02:16 PM
There were a lot of graphical anomalies, such as terrain items not blending in with their surroundings, things not shaded properly, (Again, terrain.) a lack of that "Bush," "Flower," "Tall Grass" etc stuff.

A lot of it was also rather difficult.

The final area could have a "compass" or something like that which would show which the spikeblock direction is at the moment. (My grammar fails me when I need it most. X x.) I think the items could use a graphical overhaul, but that's just me. They're actually pretty darn good items.

The train though, ... THAT could use a graphical overhaul. More to come.

I agree.

Right now I cannot come up with anything specific, but the graphics... yeah, needs improving and at least all those graphical mistakes should be taken out. And the quest is so goddamn hard, but I don't think that will change because it's C's quest design philosophy to make long and hard quests... which kick ass nevertheless.

ShadowTiger
03-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Yes. It is huge. However, it's really not that hard to fix it all. I mean, there are only 64 maps, and a lot of them are for layers. o_o You could, in theory, just go from left to right making screens better, then go up a row, go right to left making screens better, etc. Shouldn't be taking TOO long. ._o Just make sure that things work on each screen. :p

ZeldaFan001
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Few examples of things needing fixed.

1. The pearls above doors for the switches that change whether they are open or closed in the current level don't show up anymore in new betas. This worked when we played this quest in 152, but no more.

2. Make sure multiple chats use one screen only now instead of as many as needed as the multiple chat strings now exist in the newest releases.

3. Kinda wish you could talk to a few more characters. Besides the first few areas of the game and the towns, its pretty devoid of people on the main overworld...

I really need to take this quest again sometime soon. I've pretty much forgotten about all the stuff he did. We'll just have to wait and see...

The flying boots to get up cliffs instead of the raft was a nice touch, btw.

WindStrike
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Some of the midi choices were kinda bad, no offense. Level 1 had pretty annoying music. I never even got to level 3 in the quest, but I believe some of the midis either need upgrading or need to be replaced. By the way, is this quest going to get upgraded to like 2.10 or something? For some weird reason, no matter what I tried, my cpu won't run anything lower than 2.10.

jman2050
03-31-2006, 05:48 PM
I might just redo the OW all together. It could use a breath of fresh air. But besides that, what else?

bigboylink
04-02-2006, 07:41 PM
This is may favorite ZC quest, so it is difficult to suggest improvements. However, no quest is perfect, so here are some suggestions.

1. Make it much more difficult to get the gold armor. In my first playthrough, I had the gold armor after getting the relic stone in the mermaid's dream (not enigma castle's relic). We don't want the level 7 treasure - the red mail - to be worthless by the time the player gets there. This could invovle an extensive addition to the excavation.

2. The Red Candle received from the excavation is extremely useful for maneuvering the flames during the final fight against Ganon (not Ultimate Ganon) (and therefore the candle should be kept in its difficult to reach place). Give a hint of its significance to the players. For instance, on the left screen of the Sealed Temple: "Ganon fears three things, the Princess Zelda, the Master Sword, and the light that burns infinitely."

3. Boss of level 8 is too easy. Have something more fitting for that marathon of a dungeon. Make it involve more visual tricks - he is after all, a master of illusions.

4. The beginning of the Deku Tree - With multiple locked doors to choose from, don't make getting small keys necessary if one of the doors is intended to be opened with the big key.

5. Make there be more of a story - as you defeat certain nightmares, have some previously asleep NPCs wake up. For instance, when you beat level 3, Granny wakes up, Error wakes up, and some random unrelated NPC in Kokiri Forest wakes up. I liked the NPCs in the excavation - make more NPCs so you can tie together all of the legends of zelda.

oceansoul22
04-06-2006, 03:30 AM
I believe that you should await the release of the new Zelda Classic to complete this quest Jman. I finally got through all of Dreams, it took for freaking ever but to be honest I'd like to see some changes to some of the Nightmare Bosses and I'm sure with a newer version of ZC they'll be so much better and customizable.

Just my opinion!

bigboylink
04-07-2006, 09:38 PM
I agree that you should wait until the next version. I'm assuming the continue bugs will be nonexistent at that time. Having a continue bug at the final boss was NOT cool.

athanato
04-12-2006, 05:05 PM
The quest is good upto the Deku Tree, then you just totaly lost me.

I would recommend a potion shop be placed close to the entrance of the Deku Tree and a save point at the entrance.
Having to start all the way back from the beginning of the game after a save is what turned me off this quest, especially when you would need a potion refill. If it was easy getting there then it would't be so bad though.

Outstanding bug: The heart container that is behind the white pillars which requires a super bomb to get to but when you blow it up the path is still blocked even though that section of the wall is now gone (between the village and forest)