PDA

View Full Version : More Freeform Combo Flags

idontknow
03-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I like the idea of Freeform combo flags to give them additional behavior. I have many suggestions for further flags though:

1) Check Walkability: If checked, that all laws of walkability apply so Link can't pass solid combos.

2) Reverse--FFC: if checked, it will reverse its direction (the game multplies the x & y speeds by -1) when it collides with another Freeform Combo (well, besides change attribute combos)

3) Reverse--Solids: if checked, it will reverse its direction if it collides with any solid combo (regular combos, not freeform)

4) Reverse--Enemies: If checked, it will reverse upon contact with enemies.

5) Free Roaming: If checked, it will move in 4 directions (up, down, left & right) randomly around the screen without having a set pattern (so you don't need ff attribute change combos)

6) Appear as a Secret: If checked, it will appear when secrets are triggered, without need of a secret flag, since secret combos can't be set to freeform combos anyway.

Also, holding ctrl + clicking on the combo to select for a FFC should make the flag menu appear to select a flag for it just as you can for secret combos. I know you can already give the combo itself an inherent flag, but to then give the FFC a 2nd flag would allow you to have 'singular' flags over the inherent flag so you could make moving targets that are activated one by one.

finally, perhaps have a tab where you can set properties for projectiles. I dont mean for this to sound like i'm suggesting an enemy editor but there are already a lot of properties that could allow for this to make custom bosses or little enemies so why not projectiles?

Or maybe!...its projectile is another FFC that shoots out from this one. There could be a flag for 'parent' and 'kid'. If a FFC is set to be a projectile (the kid), a marking appears there instead like FFC attribute change combos. The 'kid' is 'shot' at whatever rate its x & y is but its position is determined by that of the parent and it reappears at the parent at certain intervals (you would determine this) This would work wonders for custom enemies/bosses! And the combo for the 'kid' could be any type so if its a warp, it'd be like the FFC casts you away to another screen or if its a damage combo, it could be a custom projectile.

Also, perhaps the 'kid' FFC could react to FF Change combos, so it could appear that a 'weapon' is bouncing off walls or reacting in certain ways.

Cloral
03-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Here's one:
Bouncing: If checked, the combo bounces off the edges of the screen, or anything it considers 'solid' (i.e. if some of idk's suggestions were incorporated). This would make making custom traps easier - you'd just have to give them an initial velocity and then they'd bounce off the walls or other traps or the edge of the screen or whatever.

Nimono
03-29-2006, 07:15 PM
What about flags/combos that make the combo change direction when they hit anything they consider solid? It could make a trap like those HUGE ones in Poison Moth's Lair (L3 OoS). They go in one direction until a solid object blocks their path, then they go to the right of that (THEIR right).

idontknow
03-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Pikaguy, do you not mean something like the suggestion "Reverse--Solids"?

Nimono
03-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Pikaguy, do you not mean something like the suggestion "Reverse--Solids"?
Well, to me, the word "reverse" means "to go backwards", so it would basically be like this:
The FFC hits a solid combo and goes back the way it came.

My idea is like this:
The FFC hits a solid combo, turns in whatever direction you choose, hits another solid combo, turns the same direction, and repeats forever (or until you get rid of it, if it were to have a flag that got rid of it).

Questwizard88
03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Use Jump X/Y: First off, there would probably need to be 2 new attributes, Jump X, and Jump Y. When checked on an Attribute Change combo, this flag will cause any colliding FFCs to immediately jump to the given X/Y positions. This seems like it would be useful for making custom projectiles, like cannonballs, the fire shooting things from LttP, etc.

idontknow
03-29-2006, 11:35 PM
What about another checkbox or combo type that allows Link to move with a Freeform combo after he steps onto it, he moves on it at whatever speed it goes--this way you could make custom boats, moving platforms, etc.

Questwizard88
03-29-2006, 11:43 PM
What about another checkbox or combo type that allows Link to move with a Freeform combo after he steps onto it, he moves on it at whatever speed it goes--this way you could make custom boats, moving platforms, etc.

Seconded. That's already giving me ideas for things I could do with it.