PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming Topic: Freeform Combos

idontknow
03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Lets all think of what you can do with freeform combos:

I'll start with the obvious ones:
--Characters that walk around (but in a set pattern)
--Custom Traps: So you can make traps in all sorts of patterns, such as circles, squares, zig-zags, whatever
--Fireballs...they leap from out of lava to damage Link...a great replacement for tedious combo cycling
--Cutscenes: Have one character approach another, stop, then talk, the most basic of uses. You could add even further 'action' if you get creative enough.
--'Stealth' Areas: You could have characters that move around & an invisible warp ffc too that is always x spaces away from that character so if you get too close, you'll be warped to the start of that area.
--Moving Targets: For now, you can't have multiple FFCs with trigger flags that each get activated seperately but i can see that coming soon. This would be nice for an arrow-shooting minigame. You can have a single moving target though.

ShadowTiger
03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
Dude. I've said this like, so many times now.

Meteors.

Stars.

Particles. (Have them all like, loop in a small area.)

... Etc. o.o All flying above Layer 5.

Rakki
03-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Moving walls. Even better, crushing walls (used in tandem with the 32-damage combo). Although, since they can't be solid yet, maybe the FF combo would just be used for the VISUAL effect, and combos would appear underneath the wall for the physical effect. Of course, the combos would have to cycle too, so that the wall doesn't end up pulling back over itself. :p