PDA

View Full Version : Triggering enemies using Secret Combos

Nimono
03-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Is it possible to have enemies that will only appear when secret combos are activated so the Enemy placement flags appear? I want to have a boss (a normal enemy, not a custom boss) that appears after stones keep you from going back, and when you trigger the stones (activated by trigger combos), going north triggers the boss' appearance, which you then defeat, getting rid of the stones in your way and giving you access to the final area (I'm planning on having this boss on the OVERWORLD, and beating this boss gets you to the final area of my quest.). Is there a way to accomplish this effect WITHOUT going to another DMap? Of course, I'm going to another DMap anyways (so I can have boss music), but I want the boss to appear BEFORE you make the transfer to the 2nd DMap.

Freedom
03-27-2006, 09:35 PM
You would need to insta warp to another screen, and as for dmaps, why should that matter, you can set the second dmap exactly like the first so the player would never even know they had warped.

In short, when the rocks fall secret warp tiles appear under link and he warps to the other screen without knowing he warped and the boss appears.

Nimono
03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
You would need to insta warp to another screen, and as for dmaps, why should that matter, you can set the second dmap exactly like the first so the player would never even know they had warped.

In short, when the rocks fall secret warp tiles appear under link and he warps to the other screen without knowing he warped and the boss appears.
Yeah, but I think you didn't read my whole post. I KNOW that it's possible to do that, I just wanted to know if it was possible to do it another way.

firefly
03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Currently, you can't do this, the only way is by using direct warps I think.