PDA

View Full Version : Hero of Dreams

Pages : [1] 2 3

WindStrike
03-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah I know it's on PureZC, but what the heck. How do get past the level 1 boss? I tried using the boomerang on all the corners, but they don't seem to work.
EDIT: Nevermind, its what I get for trying to use 2.11 beta 10 on it when it says to use with 2.10.
EDIT2: Sorry for making the first post, I'm just trying to beat the quest (Cause I'm addicted.. hehehe...) Sweet quest.

Shoelace
03-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Right when I was going to make a thread about this, I see one. lol.

Yes, as jman told me, don't play this on beta 10. I think beta 11 will work when it is released, but to be save, 2.10 works great. Anyways, I will paste what I was going to post:

Description:

The Hero of Dreams, my first quest on Zelda Classic. I have been working on the game since January 2004. This epic quest is filled with so many things to do. I put a lot of side quests in the quest so it can have a feel to most Zelda games. The storyline fits into the major storyline and I do try to connect them all together. I spent a lot of time on the storyline and I hope you like it. This is what you can expect from the quest:

-Travel through huge Forests, islands, caves, deserts, graveyards, mountains, towns, as well as Dreams.
-Come face to face to some of the old Hero's of Hyrule.
-Meet different cultures and races of Hyrule.
-Fight some original custom bosses like Wolfblin and King Dodongo.
-Play some great mini games like bow and arrow target practice and rafting.
-See some original puzzles never seen in ZC.
-Huge Dungeons with different themes.
-and More!

Story:

On a small island just outside of Hyrule lived a boy named Link. As he grew up, he knew he was destined to become the new Hero of Hyrule. The Robins who were neighbors of Link, told him that the bloodline of the Hero’s past through him. He knew that on any given day his adventure could begin.

One day Link was drawing a picture of a sword on the mountainside of the island. He looked down at his shield that he always kept with him, and thought how cool it would be to finally use it with a sword of his own. Just then his good friend Patty walked over to him. She looked a little sad, as she told him that she was going to leave the island soon in search for the Shooting Star Legend. In that moment, they both looked at the shoreline and noticed that the water was acting very violent. But they brushed it off. As Link finished the drawing, he signed his name on the bottom of the sword. Patty was still talking about that legend; however, Link couldn’t keep his eyes off the coastline, which was getting worse by the second.

Little did they know, the Dark Army had just docked south of the city of Fulton. The Commander of the Army stepped out to dock while discussing the plan to this staff, “Continue searching for the remaining Triforce pieces. We will capture Fulton and await you there!” As the Commander looked at the path to Fulton, he whispered to himself, “And now it begins.”

Download:

This is for 2.10: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=139

Pictures:

http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD14.GIF http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD20.GIF
http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD25.GIF http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD18.GIF
http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD29.GIF http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD38.GIF
http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD34.GIF http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/HoD30.GIF

Credits:

Director and Producer:
Shoelace

Tiles:
Noel - Wolfie custom boss, horse tiles, etc.
LinktheMaster - Castle tiles
BH4 - Four Swords Pure Link, Swords, rays of light, various Pure Link tiles, etc.
Radien - Improved newfirst leevers, LTTP Link tiles Full Remake, DoR Mts For Pure, etc.
Nick: Dungeon Floor tiles
Gashin - Minimentus, fish bait
System Error - Mothula
PrinceMSC - ML growing bush
Exate - Misc Fire, Spinning Heart Container and Pieces
Hermit Dude - PurePalette Tree Entrance
Teilyr - BS Shores
Warlock - King Dodongo

Tilesets:
Will Bill - Pure Tileset
Mr. Z - Pure Tileset Upadate V2
plith - Descendent tiles
Freedom - Adventure Tileset
Marcus - Orion's LTTP tileset V 2.4.1

Testers:
Elise
Dark Emperor
zmaster
Boycm12
Hero Link
Linkman90
skateboarder11
BH4
XdragonSB
Taku of Miso
Sephiroth

WindStrike
03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Ok, now I can't get past the entrance to the Wolfbin (the part right after the Lost Woods).
EDIT: Oops, didn't push the statue...

Shoelace
03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
You can't get past the lost woods? If so, talk to Mayor Wraith and he will tell you the directions. If you are past that and actually at the level, then go left of the fort. Push the statue and there is an hidden pit. That is the entrance to the level.

Hopefully that helped.

WindStrike
03-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Right... On the entrance with the trifore mark: I go left, block the two guards by lighting the torch, go up, cross the bridge and go up, cross the bridge and go right. In this room there is a staircase heading down, but how do you lower the blocks? (I have the arrow and the boss key)
Also, from the same entrance, one to right, how do you get past that shutter?
EDIT: Hold on a tick...

Shoelace
03-27-2006, 10:15 PM
You need the bow, for the arrow to shot the shield. To get the key for the bow go to the northeast part of the overworld part of the level.

WindStrike
03-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Found a bug (I think). Frodo's Hideout, on your way back after getting the first key, you can't push the statue. Oh well, there's also F6 and continue.

Shoelace
03-27-2006, 10:39 PM
It isn't a bug. You can push another statue two screens to the right of the key and get out. XD.

erm2003
03-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Shoelace,

Just wanted to say congrats on the release of Hero of Dreams. So far I have completed the first two levels and it's VERY well done. I look forward to seeing more of your tricks. It's great to see all that hard work pay off with a great game! Thanks for putting on all the time.

DarkFlameWolf
03-27-2006, 11:30 PM
beat Shoelace to his own damn quest, that's funny.

bigboylink
03-28-2006, 03:58 AM
Shoelace,

This is a fantastic quest so far (just finished Frodo's Hideout). I'm really impressed at the level of detail that has gone into each screen. The intricacies of the dungeons must have taken you a long time to design. After hearing the midi for "Dream On", I was expecting each dungeon music theme to have some significance with the word "dream", but oh well. I intend to give a full review on PureZC after I complete the quest.

I have found a very nasty continue bug playing in 2.10. I just barely started up the trail to Death Mountain. After slashing that very first switch with the white sword, I decide to call it a night and go to bed. After saving, I re-open my file to find myself in the upper-left corner of the first Death Mountain screen. I can move left, then up, but that's it - I'm stuck. Even after closing ZC, and retrying, that upper-left corner is where I start. I'm VERY discouraged right now and am hoping there is a quick fix to this. Please advise. Thanks man.

Shoelace
03-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Dang it, and I had made sure there wasn't any continue bugs. I know why too. On the last bug run, Sephiroth found a way to get into Death Mountain without the white sword, so I changed the continue postion. <-- I forgot to test it.

Sorry all. TO EVERYONE, DOWNLOAD THE NEW UPDATED VERSION, just so you won't get this. bigboylink, if you download this new one and save it over the old one, you can still continue playing but it will work this time. Sorry again.

Here is the file: http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/Hero%20of%20Dreams.zip

WindStrike
03-28-2006, 07:42 AM
So... how long did the custom bosses take you to make? By the way, just beat level 4 and my time is 6:32:20. How fast is that (I've made about an hour of mistakes AT LEAST).

Shoelace
03-28-2006, 08:16 AM
As the game went on, I made my custom bosses more and more advanced. So the last ones took me the longest. What is weird is the custom bosses in the 5th level were actually my first custom bosses.

Anyways, wow, you are already past the 4th level. Now the game starts to get fun because the secerts and storyline open up. Enjoy. :P

By the way, everyone that hasn't read yet. Download the updated version in the game in the last post. A deadly bug has been found. I am a perfectionist and I can't believe I let this one get in here.

WindStrike
03-28-2006, 09:25 AM
In level 5, in the room with the power glove, what are you supposed to do in there if you enter from above?
EDIT: Nevermind, you come from below first, THEN above.

diannew
03-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I cannot find any bombs to use to get the wooden sword from the house. Without the sword I can't continue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Dianne

elise
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
you don't need a bomb to get the sword , go to another room and push :)

WindStrike
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Where's the Flippers?

dafeedil
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm trying to get past the two moblins in Ft. Wolf Wolfblin, the ones that say do not past go, do not collect $200. I've tried pushing the blocks in front of them so I can sneak past, but they keep catching me. I'll keep trying...:scared:

WindStrike
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Are the blocks you pushed right in front of them? If they are, then there should be a message box above each one with ! or ? in the boxes.
Level 7: Where's the key that destroys the rock in the bottom-left cornor of the map? When I go to spring, the bug isn't there either.

bigboylink
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Dang it, and I had made sure there wasn't any continue bugs. I know why too. On the last bug run, Sephiroth found a way to get into Death Mountain without the white sword, so I changed the continue postion. <-- I forgot to test it.

Sorry all. TO EVERYONE, DOWNLOAD THE NEW UPDATED VERSION, just so you won't get this. bigboylink, if you download this new one and save it over the old one, you can still continue playing but it will work this time. Sorry again.

Here is the file: http://www.mbwonline.x10hosting.com/Hero%20of%20Dreams.zip

Thanks a lot for the fix. I'm glad I don't have to start over.

Shoelace
03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE][I'm trying to get past the two moblins in Ft. Wolf Wolfblin, the ones that say do not past go, do not collect $200. I've tried pushing the blocks in front of them so I can sneak past, but they keep catching me. I'll keep trying.../QUOTE]

Are you pushing the blocks right in front of them, where there emotions are seen?

Anyways, wow WindStrike, you are far. But okay, so you are at the end of Season Isle. Do you have the silver arrows? If you do than the key it on the right east most part of the level, right around the place where you found the silver arrows. There is an One-eyed Statue that says come durnig the rainy season which is Spring. Make it Spring and there will be a silver arrow Meph. Kill them and the key will appear.

WindStrike
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
In level 8, how do you get past those two gray blocks 1 left and 3 up of the entrance?

diannew
03-28-2006, 03:46 PM
you don't need a bomb to get the sword , go to another room and push :)

Thanks for the help Elise, got it. I guess I'm too impatient.

Dianne

WindStrike
03-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Alright, on the second floor of hyrule castle, on the room with the windrobes and the 4 candles on the bottom row, what are you suppoesd to do to get past the room? I fire boomeranged all of them and got to the left side of the room, but that stupid big pot is in the way and I can't figure out what to do to get to the door.

Shoelace
03-28-2006, 05:04 PM
In level 8, how do you get past those two gray blocks 1 left and 3 up of the entrance?

If you notice there is a hammer trigger in that screen. It will disappear if you are not fast enough to it. Exit the screen and run to it and hammer it before it goes down. The gray blocks will go down.

Alright, on the second floor of hyrule castle, on the room with the windrobes and the 4 candles on the bottom row, what are you suppoesd to do to get past the room? I fire boomeranged all of them and got to the left side of the room, but that stupid big pot is in the way and I can't figure out what to do to get to the door.

If you fire boomerang the candles, it will show you these blocks, of where you can walk and can't walk. Follow the path and you will make it to the door.

WindStrike
03-28-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm at level 9 with 16:57:35, but I am SO going back to get some magic ups so I can use nayru's love 3 times. I've also died 21 times, showing that I could have saved MANY hours in this game.
In the bottom-left cornor of cerbat desert, how do you open that rock up?

Shoelace
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
bomb it WindStrike.

I can't believe you are going to beat the game already. You are fast. O_o

bigboylink
03-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Ha, I just recognized the boss music - "Eat the Rich" by Aerosmith. The quest has a very nice collection of tunes. From where does the music for Hyrule Field come?

Shoelace
03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
I am getting asked that a lot. I honestly don't have any idea. I looked for days to see where I got it, I forgot though. :(

Phazite
03-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Shoelace likes Aerosmith.:D

I wish I had had as much time to play as WindStrike. I'm only on chapter 4.

rocksfan13
03-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Just had to chime in. I love this quest. Sooo much detail. The begining credits are hilarious. But the line I like most is the mindless plug for your name in the moblin forest. That's genuine!

At chapter 2 and just saved the dog. Am liking this quest.

It's too bad the DB here is down, because this quest would definately give Link to Tortuga, Eckland, and Castle Haunt, pretty much anything by Freedom, or DarkFlameWolf a run for it's money.

Definately a historical Quest.(For the current release)

jovo
03-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah rocksfan this is a good quest!

How do I get out of that stupid Molblin jail??

elise
03-29-2006, 11:37 AM
look behind the cabinet

jovo
03-29-2006, 11:57 AM
thanx elise! I am both blind and stupid..

WindStrike
03-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Just an fyi, when I got the quest, I played it then until like 12:30 a.m., then 6:45 a.m. to like 5:?? p.m., and then I stopped to let everyone else catch up a little bit (its spring break for me). By the way, how much harder is level 9 than level 8? The boss in level 8 nearly killed me. Oh well, this time, I got max magic, so I can cast Nayru's Love 3 times (I think). Also, in the top-left area of Autumn Town on the screen of the bomb shop, what are supposed to do with that hole in the top-right cornor of the screen? Used the whistle, didn't work.

Shoelace
03-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Sorry, WindStike, that hole isn't anything. It is just there. I actually was going to use it but I ran out of Dmaps for everything the game was going to have. And yes believe it or not the game was suppose to be bigger than it is right now. O_o

Anyways, obivously the levels get harder as you go along. However, if you have full potions, you can obivously do it. Because that means you can use Nayru's Love three times and then use the potion when your life gets low and then you can use Nayru's love 3 more times. And still have another potion. And yes the main guy is a little hard, it would suck if it wasn't.

Also, I am going to ask you a favor WindStrike, try not to say any of the storyline in the next post, like the main guy, or the ending story, as I want people to be surprised. PM if you like.

pauldoo
03-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Shoelace you truely are the Greatest. Awesome quest, heading to lvl 4.

WindStrike
03-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Uhh... after you beat level 9 and go through the temple of courage, is there anything else to do other than grab any heart pieces missed and all? I have 22.0 hearts.

Shoelace
03-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Nope, the Temple of Courage thing was the only extra after the game. You can actually get all of the hearts before level 9.

Congrats on beating the game, what time did you clock at? How many deaths?

WindStrike
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Approx. 19:10 hrs., 22 deaths, 22 hearts, max magic... Anything I missed? By the way, excluding beta-testers, was I the first one to beat it? Also, on the end credits, I noticed you could kill yourself and move around and slash those gray bushes, which gave me green rupees... Just wondering if that was intentional or not.

elise
03-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Not all beta testers could finish it I never got further then the level 8 boss
I got him cracked to the point he gets a green stick and then thats about it

Shoelace
03-29-2006, 08:15 PM
I think Johan from PZC beat it too. So you guys are the only ones besides the testers that beaten the game. Hope you like it, and if you look in the HoD manuel there are some links to my two demos on my upcoming games, if you haven't played them already.

And on the end credits, how did you kill yourself? O_o And about the bushes, I will look into that. :O

Phazite
03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Ok, I'm in level 4in the top right corner of the map (one screen south of a treasure chest) but I need another key and can't find one.

Also, when I tried to fight the level 3 boss again, the door in the last room wuoldn't open.

WindStrike
03-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Well, I never actually killed myself during them, but here is how: Bombs... Especially super bombs. I put myself to one heart.

Shoelace
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Oh, well on any cutscene you can do that to yourself. lol. There needed to be a way to unable items during cutscenes.

Anyways, Link75, here is a pasted copy of where the answer to the two last keys are:

Anyways, the lantarn is the very first thing you get in the level. I remember the testers had a little trouble finding the 2 last keys to get to the lantarn so I will list them:

When you press the brown switches down from the Flip Room in the lower right of the level, go back to the entrance of the level. One key you can get to by going in the warp right before the entance, and then head down of that screen. You will have to kill the DigDogers to get the key.

The second key, of the entrance hit the statues with arrows and the door will open. Go up, and since the brown switches are now down, follow the path and you will end up in the lower left corner of the level, which has the last key.

WindStrike
03-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Rating of your quest: 9.5/10
+ All of the dungeons were well done, some doing better than others of course. I'd say the three that did the best (in order) would be level 7, 3, then either 6 or 9.
- Level 8 was probably the least well done. Sure, it had a lot of good stuff in it, but... those speed puzzles were a bit buggy and were quite ridiculous. If it weren't for Nayru's Love, it would've taken be at least 15 times before I got through them. They were a nice thought and probably took a lot of effort though. I'd say the problem with them is that there is no turning back, unless you hit F6 (ok, so without that, add an hour to my time and also add about 5-10 deaths, and there is my real file).
+/- Your MIDIs.... Many of them were well picked and were quite good, especially level 3. However, some of them, like Hyrule Field, just didn't really work out (just my opinion).
+ There's something I thought I'd never see in a quest (ok, so the Honky Pig quest was good, but that was language). Humor. Brad Pitt as Link... wow dude, lol.
+ Except for the first boss, all of the custom bosses were great. The level 8 and 9 bosses were REALLY hard though. Guess ya just need enough equipment, eh eh? The first one had a good idea, but it was kinda, well… stupid. No offense. I liked the third one the best though.

Best quest I have played so far (yes, better than Isle of the Winds, but I have the feeling that the Lost Isle might beat it). Lookin' forward to your next quest and the group quest you're in. I am SO playing the quest again another time (while I’m at it, I’m gonna start lookin’ through the thing and check for things I gotta watch out for). By the way, the Darkness demo you have has a REALLY interesting tileset. I also like the sidle idea. However, for a dungeon one block puzzle where it had the order, I think you should tone it down a bit, because it took me several tries before I got it. The group demo… those are some sweet graphics and looks. The dungeon was also good. Yeah, I’m probably going off topic from what this thread is, so I’ll just end the post by saying: Your quest pwns dude. (I’m tempted to add another year to my quest to see if I can at least match those skills). Just note that it is nearly impossible to get a 10/10 from me.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
03-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Great quest. I am stuck trying to find out were level 4 is. Can someone give me a hint or 2? Thanks.

WindStrike
03-31-2006, 04:54 PM
If you have the Hookshot from the Thieves Hideout, then head to western Havasu Canyon where there'll be a gray tree on the other side. Hookshot over and keep heading west. Be careful about your directions in the desert though, as heading left on one screen may take you 3 screens down, or something like that. But I'm pretty sure its easy to see the entrance to Level 4 on the mini-map.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
03-31-2006, 10:55 PM
If you have the Hookshot from the Thieves Hideout, then head to western Havasu Canyon where there'll be a gray tree on the other side. Hookshot over and keep heading west. Be careful about your directions in the desert though, as heading left on one screen may take you 3 screens down, or something like that. But I'm pretty sure its easy to see the entrance to Level 4 on the mini-map.

Thank you. I found the level now and got one thing in it. and am trying to get the next thing.

Thanks for you help.

I am in level 5 now. Should I have the blue armer by now? I am geting my clock cleaned here. Thanks again :)

Phazite
04-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Go to the Link statue in automn town to get the blue suit.

idontknow
04-04-2006, 01:54 AM
i'm at the blazing inferno & i can't find a key--there's the room where there's the boss lock block door on the top & a locked room on the bottom plus a bunch of statues, one of which you can bomb. I don't have any keys--i also haven't found any special items from this temple as of yet, although it appears that i need the magical b'rang for that room that is east of the starting screen (with the crystal across the long lava pit and a warp in the northeast corner that is blocked off by unwalkable tiles)

So what do i do?

sharon
04-04-2006, 02:01 AM
How can I kill the 6th boss(Big EYE)?

Shoelace
04-04-2006, 04:03 AM
idontknow: There are two keys on the first floor. One is in the room with the first key door (The one with the traps). Push the statues together and the blocks will go down and there is a key in the pot. The second key is in the right most part of the level. You will have to bomb a wall where the pot is broken (It is obivous and you can't miss it). There is a key in the tresure box.

sharon: With the 4 mirrors you have to reflect the magic to the Scion eye. keep doing it until he dies. At one point there are small eyes. The only way to kill the small eyes is to reflect the fireballs onto them.

Hope that helps.

Phazite
04-04-2006, 11:08 PM
I like level 7. I also have a level that's all outside, but not in seasons. Your way of changing the seasons is much better than mine is too (I have a Tarm Ruins like area). I tried using the wand but it was anoying! :lol:

Ok anyway, I'm finaly stuck now. I have the silver arrow and I'm supposed to find a key with it, but I can't find where. Shooting the bug by the river didn't help in the spring so I've been looking around. Where's the key?

Nevermind, found it.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks I fig it out and now I am trying to get the mirrors In one of the rooms in level 6 to be in the right places so the crystal can be hit.

Been working on it for a day now. I think this might do me in LOL

Once again thanks for the help.

idontknow: There are two keys on the first floor. One is in the room with the first key door (The one with the traps). Push the statues together and the blocks will go down and there is a key in the pot. The second key is in the right most part of the level. You will have to bomb a wall where the pot is broken (It is obivous and you can't miss it). There is a key in the tresure box.

sharon: With the 4 mirrors you have to reflect the magic to the Scion eye. keep doing it until he dies. At one point there are small eyes. The only way to kill the small eyes is to reflect the fireballs onto them.

Hope that helps.

Shoelace
04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Here is the answer to the puzzle from PureZC: Also first you need to melt the white ice cube with fire. Hope this helps.

The most right / mirror you need to push all of the way left (That is number 1). Make sure you push that the other ice cubes and / mirror out of the way but be still able to move them. (The ice cubes are just there to get in the way. Anyways, then push the bottom \ up all of the way (That is number 2). Next push the / mirror right next the 2nd one, so that it will face the top right one. That was is the hardest because the ice cubes get in the way, just make way for it though. (That is the third one). For the last one, push all of the way down so it will hit the bottom right. (That is the last one). With them aimming toward the orbs, shoot the mirrors.

Aegix Drakan
04-07-2006, 08:19 AM
:odd: I just started playing, and I can tell, it's gonna be EPIC! The golden sun music fits do well!

Well done shoelace!

[EDIT] slight issue! when I'm playing, sometimes the music goes all wierd! I can hear the music, but I always hear one note constantly repeating itself. it's like listening to the music, but with someone beind you leaning on a piano!

What is going on? How can I fix this?

Shoelace
04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
That is called the dreaded Midi Bug of 2.10. For some reason on 2.10 sometimes gets stuck on notes. A way to fix it for a short while is to press Alt-Tab.

When 2.11 is released, I am going to test it and fix any bugs that show up on 2.11 and then release that. 2.11 fixs the Midi Bug. However, I still suggust not playing HoD with 2.11, because there may be major bugs in it and has never been tested on it. The game was designed and tested in 2.10, so that is your save bet.

Aegix Drakan
04-08-2006, 05:30 PM
That is called the dreaded Midi Bug of 2.10. For some reason on 2.10 sometimes gets stuck on notes. A way to fix it for a short while is to press Alt-Tab.

'K, thanks a lot! (Starts playing seriously)

Fox_Of_The_Wind
04-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I have tired everything but I can't get past this. In Hyrule Castle on the first floor there is a message that says . The statue to the north seems to be weak to a strong item. So I thought it was the last sword. So I fought around it and got the master key and came back to the start were it had a master door I went in and killed the dark knight but the next room looks like it needs the sword also, What am I missing here???

thanks for the help.

WindStrike
04-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Hammer the statue in middle. Warning: Be prepared to use nayru's love like crazy. Unless you can actually see every point you need to get to right away.

Fox_Of_The_Wind
04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Hammer the statue in middle. Warning: Be prepared to use nayru's love like crazy. Unless you can actually see every point you need to get to right away.

Thank you I got in :)

Phazite
04-08-2006, 09:23 PM
I got to Hyrule Castle, but I can't continue this quest because of a bug. I got the two keys at the beggining and opened the first lock, then saved. When I went to play again the lock was unlocked again and I only have one key left. :shakeno: I've heard of this bug in other quests too.

Shoelace
04-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Wait what Link75? Which door, which two keys did you have? I have never heard of a bug like this.

Phazite
04-09-2006, 01:50 AM
I unlocked the one on the left and went over to the right, but that's what happened. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a puzzle.

Edit: I'll send a PM so I don't spoil anything.

Aegix Drakan
04-09-2006, 03:56 PM
>_< I'm stuck...at the start...

I need a key to get into the moblin forest. I returned the cucco book to the cucco fan, and talked to his dad. He said he'd open up a route to the white house to the north.

But...I can't seem to get there. there are all these holes blocking my way! what do I do?

elise
04-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Find the key on another place for that white house you need also the ladder ;)

Shoelace
04-09-2006, 05:05 PM
If you don't have the key to get to Moblin Forest, then go back to Palm Island and talk to Mr. Robin. He has the key. It is very important to talk to everyone in this game. Remember that.

Aegix Drakan
04-09-2006, 06:28 PM
>_< Oh...I forgot to talk to him...

You see, I talked to him the first time, but then I quit, then when I started again, I forgot to talk to him again...Thanks Shoelace

Fox_Of_The_Wind
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Great quest Shoelace.Well made. Thanks to all your help I got it done today.

Pineconn
04-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I would like to say that this is one very fine quest, Shoelace! :)

Though I've just entered Level 6 up in Mt. Frost (I always forget the name to that), I can tell this is easily up on my top 3 chart. As long as nothing goes wrong, it'll be #1. You should be proud of this quest. The characters have personality and humor, and there are events with A LOT of boss flags: Always a good thing! I look forward to discover more of your original puzzles!

Shoelace
04-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I am really glad you are liking my quest. And Pineconn, a lot of people say that the 7th level is the best and the 8th is the worst. However, the storyline gets really good after the 6th level, so hope you like it.

Also, just an update on what I been doing. I have been burnt out on HoD. And taken a break from ZQ. However, today I made progess on my quest. Wow! So hopefully I am back on track on making quests. :P

Pineconn
04-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Level 3's boss was very exciting, I thought. If I remember correctly from a previous post, Level 7 is on Season Isle, I think. Anyway, I've had little trouble, but if I get stuck, I'll post the problem. I'm not saying it's easy: It's actually very challenging, but I've been able to slip right through. I think Level 2 was the most difficult and time-consuming. I liked Level 1's changing the water level and Level 4's raising/lowering the obstacles. Level 3 reminded me a lot of Minish Cap's Cave of Flames, which I liked. Level 5 was very original, and probably the most puzzle-filled (of the 5). Therefore, this has been top-notch so far. :)

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm stuck :| I'm in the desert dungeon(home to triforce peice number 4 I believe). I got the first key and used it to open up the door right above the entrance. On later thought, I probably should have used it to open up the lock on the screen to the right of the entrance. Anyways, I can't figure out what to do now or how to get any of the other boxes open. Any help? Or did I screw up my game :(

ShadowTiger
04-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Nah, I think I did the same thing. :blah: Try shooting the statues in the first screen of the dungeon with an arrow. See if that does anything.

... I mean, uh, .. isn't the ... Hm.. So there are two locked doors in the first room? ._o One to the north and one to the east? I suppose it wouldn't really matter, since Shoelace is a masterful dungeon design craftsman. You're probably in very good hands within this dungeon. ;)

BTW, just FYI, in the room where if you step in the 3x3 puddle of green water somewhere in the middle of the dungeon and a green peg rises when you do, .. look for a statue to push. ;)

Pineconn
04-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Uh-ohs... I'm stuck! :tongue: I can't get too far into Level 7 - Season Isle. If I have to learn the Song of Seasons (I think it's called), where can I learn it?

Shoelace
04-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Well where are you stuck in Level 7? You should be able to get a key at the southwest part of the level, then open the key lock one screen left of the entrance. This will take you north, and you will end up meeting someone that will teach you the Song of Seasons.

Pineconn
04-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Really? Hmm... I took a good look at that screen. The one with the Moa? (If you haven't played Zelda II, it's the Pure Stalfos 3.) I'll take another look at it: I must have missed something on that screen.

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, no luck for me. I'm still stuck in the desert dungeon. I've only got one key and I used it to the door north of the main entrance. I cannot get any other keys in the dungeon. Any other ideas?

ShadowTiger
04-27-2006, 01:11 PM
You're serious? The North Door was a locked door? :| I thought it was just an open door. > >.

The east door is a locked door as well?

Allow me to assume that the west door is a shutter though. If it is, you'll definitely have to stand just in front of that shutter, move half a tile up, and shoot an arrow to the right so it passes through both 2x2 statues, right through the middle. I mean, the point is to hot one of the statues with an arrow, but that's just the easiest way to do it so you only have to use one arrow to find out where the arrow flag actually is. :p

Shoelace
04-27-2006, 02:57 PM
sono_ryuu_sochi: There is no key door to the east or North in the entrance screen. There is only one key door and it was to the west. If you got the first key, then you can open the door to the left and then continue on the level. You can't get anything out of order or anything, so I am confused on what you are talking about.

Anyways, the second key of the dungon is one screen to the left. Push the statue and you will get the key. If you are still having trouble, provide a picture or something. It seems like you aren't even playing my game by the description.

Pineconn
04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Ah, so you can push the Moa when the spikes are contracted. ;) I'm not stuck anymore, and I just got the Silver Arrow. I know where to go next.

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Sorry, it may have been the door to the west, not the north. It's been a while since I actually opened the door and I've done a lot of pointless wandering...*frustrated* And I was stuck wandering the areas around to the west of the entrance and couldn't find anything. I'll try this tonight though. Sorry about the confusion, thanks :)

And yes, it's Hero of Dreams :)

Pineconn
04-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Darn. I've been getting bad at ZC lately! I'm stuck in that Level 8 thing. Hyrule Castle part. How can I get anywhere? I can't really get past the few first rooms of F1 and a few rooms of F2, finding key holes. I do believe I have to do something with the Link statues... Help, ¿por favor? :D (I'm in too much of a good mood.)

WindStrike
04-28-2006, 07:30 PM
From the starting screen of Hyrule Castle, go left and up one screen. Hammer the eye statue (or whatever it is in the middle) and head left. Read the following if you want to get past the next part without trying and dieing ten or more times or however many. Otherwise, pay no attention to it. It isn't there...:

WARNING: Don't use your potions during this. Oh, and whenever the "next screen" is stated, I'm referring to the next spike room because I don't remember all the locations of them. I think I also skipped one or two rooms, but I just saved you from the worst of them... I think.
Ok, two screens left of the room where you use the hammer, there'll be a block and a button (I'm ignoring the enemies, but kill em or stun the ones in the way). Go ahead and take your arrows out, and then push the block. Directly after you push the block, go through the "little" spike maze and fast as possible. In the next room, arrow all those bugs without backtracking. If you start getting caught up by the spikes, use Nayru's Love (Or, if you want to be cheap, just hit F6 and continue). On the next screen (fast time), immediately hookshot to the lower area and step on the button (it might be push block, I dun remember) and then hookshot up and take the left path. Alright (next screen), take out the wand, and go up and shoot at whatever candle is blue (You'll have to use the mirror). When all the candles are taken out, hookshot the gray candle and get over to that treasure chest on the right. Then go down and right. Solve the block puzzle (If ya mess up and get caught up, use Nayru's Love, not potions (yet)) and head up. Now you fight two 4-header flame gleeoks (I think) and this is where you can use your potions. Afterwards, well, its obvious, head right. That's all I'll give away, because I think I just solved the hardest one (not the most annoying though).

Pineconn
04-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Actually, you didn't have to type all that. :D I actually got all that. I didn't notice the panel in the room to the left of the "from-B1-entrance-of-Level-8" that says to use an item on it, which I noticed when I played it last. :D But thanks anyway. :) Nayru's Love, eh? Hm, that would have made that spike maze easier. ;) Well, I hate to bug you again, but I have a simple yes or no question: Can one get past the eastern Link statue room? I tried all items from the fire brang to the hammer, and can't figure it out. (BTW, I unlocked the first keyhole after the Fire Gleeoks.)

You could have also done...

-=SPOILER=-

;)

Phazite
04-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Go one screen south of there and look at the water carefuly.

Pineconn
04-29-2006, 12:26 AM
I noticed the chest, got the rupee. Ha, I bet it has something to do with the drain!

EDIT: Or not. Okay, Mr. Shoelace Tough Guy. ;) Diving on that little inlet. ;)

EDIT 2: Beat the boss. That was WAY too difficult for a dungeon boss... Used about 4 potions. :scared:

In Level 9. Not stuck. But those 4 Mirrorrobes on the snow floor? THAT is too difficult (considering any magic circulating among the mirrors doesn't dissappear...).

Shoelace
04-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry, Level 8 was suppose to be the last the level. The boss was suppose to be the last boss. It was suppose to have the same ending just cut shorter and made the sequel a lot more wanted. But I decided to make a 9th level as a bonus. That is why the 8th level was so hard. The 9th is hard too, but if you can beat the 8th level, I believe in you. :P

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Everything worked out for me, just so you're aware :D I beat that dungeon and the next one. Now I need to take a break :)

Pineconn
04-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Sorry, Level 8 was suppose to be the last the level. The boss was suppose to be the last boss. It was suppose to have the same ending just cut shorter and made the sequel a lot more wanted. But I decided to make a 9th level as a bonus. That is why the 8th level was so hard. The 9th is hard too, but if you can beat the 8th level, I believe in you. :P

Yeah, I figured it was supposed to be the last level. ;) I really did. It would make sense to have ended the game by finishing off the leader, but a Level 9 is always good! :) THAT really explains the difficulty of the boss.

EDIT (11:38 P.M. EDT): Just finished the game! The end battle was absolutely excellent! (But why that Death Knight!) What a storyline, too. Puts chills up my spine.

If this is your first quest, I can't wait for your future quests! :) It was genial and original. Died 39 times with 18 hours, 34 minutes, and 35 seconds.

WOW.

:thumbsup:

Shoelace
04-30-2006, 05:38 AM
Thank you very much. I am really glad you enjoyed the game. You will see where the storyline of my games goes from, from here. Hope you enjoy it the series of my games. If you like to play demos of my new games be sure to check the link in the HoD manuel. Again, thanks for sticking through the game, the next ones will be easier. :P

Also, if you read this do you mind editing the post so it doesn't say the name of the 9th level boss. Because I would like that to be a surprise for everyone. Thanks. :P

Pineconn
04-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Can do. ;) I guess you would like that to be a surprise. I laughed during the 'press up and A' during the end fight. That was pretty funny, and pretty innovative (for ZC). :lol:

sono_ryuu_sochi
04-30-2006, 02:56 PM
How do I beat the boss of the Rarrow(sp?) temple? I use the mirrors to hit him with the wand and then I can't figure out from there :|

WindStrike
04-30-2006, 03:11 PM
At some points, I believe you'll have to burn some stuff and push some blocks. However, you'll need to be fast, so it may take a few times.

Shoelace
04-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Pineconn, I said edit the 9th level boss. The one that you press up A during the fireball fight. Regal 'The Commander', you can know his name. The 9th level boss is a surprise though. That is why I wanted you to edit his name out. (Funny thing is you mentioned him again). lol

But thanks, I am glad you liked it.

sono_ryuu_sochi: There are four mirrors to reflect off of. Keep hitting the eye, burn the ice when you have too. At the end you will need to reflect the fireballs to the mini eyes.

Phazite
04-30-2006, 07:13 PM
I was wondering:
1. What is the Temple of Courage for?
2. How do I get the heart piece in the dream where you get the blue suit?
3. In the raft game how do I get to the north west part?

Shoelace
04-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Link75:

1. It was suppose to be an extra level after you beat the game, but I had no dmaps aviable. So it is just a part of the storyline that links my games together. It will make more sense when my games are finished.

2. Here is a link to where all of the HCPs are: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18977

3. See 2.

Pineconn
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Pineconn, I said edit the 9th level boss. The one that you press up A during the fireball fight. Regal 'The Commander', you can know his name. The 9th level boss is a surprise though. That is why I wanted you to edit his name out. (Funny thing is you mentioned him again). lol

But thanks, I am glad you liked it.

Oops, my bad!!! :weirdo: How dumb of me. Okay, I fixed it, I think. :D Should be good. I didn't see the Level 9 boss part. But the name of the Level 9 boss isn't too shocking :shocking: , hence the title of Level 9. Then again, you're right.

sono_ryuu_sochi
05-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Okay, I'm stuck again :(

I'm on the Isle of Seasons(or Season Isle, whatever) and I'm at the little area where the stone is surrounded by the trees. I've tried using the candle and the wand w/book to no avail. I've even used the bats to try to hit the specific trees. Am I missing something? Also, there isn't a map to pick up in this area is there?

Thanks again, wonderful quest :D

WindStrike
05-01-2006, 05:44 PM
If you headed left one screen, then you would have been told that a bit of a stronger spell was required - aka, Din's Fire. As for getting that, I'll just say be very observant and remember certain screens.

By the way, if you don't have the red mail and Nayru's Love by now, get them (red mail first).

Pineconn
05-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Nayru's Love? Pffbt. I beat it without it. (Of course, I didn't know of its existance. ;) ) I got it, though, after I beat the game. However, I hadn't found any of these items and I wonder if they exist:

Gold Arrow - I don't think so
Farore's Wind
Magical Key
Level 2 Bracelet - I don't think so either
Amulet
Boots
Lens of Truth

ShadowTiger
05-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Same. I think I did get everything. :) I think my record on my second time around was like, .. 6 hours 28 minutes .. something like that. First time around was nearly twice as long. I wanted -EVERYTHING-. ;)

Shoelace
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Gold Arrow - I don't think so
Farore's Wind
Magical Key
Level 2 Bracelet - I don't think so either
Amulet
Boots
Lens of Truth

Nope, those items aren't in the game. Nayru's Love, Red Suit, the Wallet, long bow, the 8 bomb upgrade sites, 48 HCPs, are the items in my head that you can get.

slowhand
05-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I’ve got all of the items in Level One except for the raft. How do I get it, please?

Thanx.

z-nut
05-02-2006, 03:19 PM
sweet i think im gona try this one:D :D

Aegix Drakan
05-02-2006, 03:46 PM
could someone PLEASE tell me where the arrows are?

I got the bow but no arrow/quiver. I really want to finish the 2nd dungeon.

Shoelace
05-02-2006, 04:45 PM
slowhand: In the middle of the level go to the room where you got the compass. Since the water is down, you can now go to the lower level. Follow the path and you will end up to the chest for the raft. You will need the boomerang to get there though.

Aegix Drakan: The bow is in the big chest on the upper left side of the B1 (You should be able to see it in the map). Anyways, If you go to the upperleft corner go right once. Use the candle on the torch and it will make a ladder by these vines. Cut the vines and it will take you to the arrows.

IrishGodfather
05-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Well, what to do? I went from just before L2 to... *in the middle of the L3 boss fight* ...without saving. Several days, on and off of course.

My cat just jumped up on my lap. Landed on my keyboard. Reset my system Just Like That.

At 32 years old, You would think I'd have known better.

Fffffffffff..... crap.

Don't forget to save.... ....often....

..Here kitty kitty kitty

Eustacia
05-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Bloody...wasted 2 hours trying to find a key that was under a grey candle...grr

Shoelace
05-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Okay, I doubt you used a key twice or something. Also there isn't a locked door at all in any of the dream areas of the Link Statues. I think you are just missing a key in the level.

Anyways, as you know there are 2 keys on each floor. Which keys did you get on which floors? Anyways, the hardest ones to find are these:

On the fire floor go to the top right corner of the level and shoot the snake head with the arrow. It will activate the mirror. You can shoot the mirror with magic to hit the switch. There's a key in the chest.

On the plant floor go to the very bottom right corner. Make it rain, and then hookshot across the hole. There is a key behind the tree.

On the water floor go to the top right corner of the level. Next make the water rise and then go on the raft. It will take you to a room with the darknuts and bats. Kill them and a key will appear.

Help that helped. Also, on the King Dodongo thing, it was actually the limations of ZC 2.10 that made it do that. Sorry about that.

Eustacia
05-05-2006, 09:19 PM
I made it to the final boss of dungeon 8. He keeps sending me to the desert trap with the blowing southern wall...I survive that, then as soon as I warp back to the guy he is warping me back to that same desert place. Each time I warp back to him I'm taking 2 heart damage I can't prevent.

I died in the desert place the first time (the fire dragon kicked my ass first) and I'm wondering if there is some sorta bug here cuz I can keep surviving the desert trap place but he is always immediately warping me back into it. It's almost like the start spot is right on top of his cane and the zone doesn't get reset.

Good quest until level 8 (I missed the key under the hookshot candle in 5). Isle of Seasons was suprisingly easy. 8 is pretty lame because you either know the floorspiketraps when you go into the screen or you die...but once you know it's cake.

I'd say level one actually was my favorite level. Boss...eh...mmm...the 16 headed fire dragon in 8...heh...the custom bosses were too glitchy.

Not a very hard quest. The sheer number of jars/grass/easy enemies for hearts makes it very hard to die. Hidden Duality is 800 times harder.

Keep up the work, all the same. Hero of Dreams easily #2 behind Hidden Duality in my book.

Pineconn
05-05-2006, 09:44 PM
You have to hammer Regal once (or POSSIBLY twice, but I think once), then move so that you trigger the warp to the next part of the INCREDIBLY hard boss. (I'm too lazy to make it bold.)

Eustacia
05-05-2006, 10:11 PM
You have to hammer Regal once (or POSSIBLY twice, but I think once), then move so that you trigger the warp to the next part of the INCREDIBLY hard boss. (I'm too lazy to make it bold.)

I don't have the time. Literally, as soon as the desert trap is over, he's warping me right back in. It isn't like any other time when he is shooting fireballs at you when you warp back so you have time to hammer him. When I come out of the desert, the cane is already down and I'm warping back to the desert. Even using that blue immortality crystal and moving south doesn't change a thing (though i may not be taking the 2 heart damage...dunno).

I've also hammered him multiple times after the floorspiketrap one, but that actually seems to not trigger anything.

:confused:

Eustacia
05-05-2006, 10:29 PM
It's not his cane, it's the spikes in the desert trap that are hurting me during the white screen warp thing. The blue crystal does stop the damage, but it doesn't change the fact he's warping me right back into the desert trap. I can even use the blue crystal the whole time and never push a direction and he's still warping me right back into it.

Definitely either a bug, or I gotta hit him X number of times to completely skip over that desert trap...

blah...

Eustacia
05-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Nope. Not the spikes that are hurting me. They don't do 2 heart damage.

I give up. This is clearly a bug.

I've even waiting after the spikefloortrap one and not hit him only to have him regenerate (!) and have to start completely over.

Feh

At least the desert TEMPLE was hella fun. This trap sucks.

VI3T_DR@GON
05-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey man, thats 3 in a row. Just edit your posts so you dont get in trouble.

This quest is very nice. The tiles look awesome, and the gameplay is superb. Keep throwing quests at us! :)

Shoelace
05-06-2006, 03:56 AM
Eustacia, it isn't a bug at all. You need to light the candles with your fire boomerang before the times up. You are just waiting it out. You have to use the the fire boomerang to go to the next part of the boss.

By the way, sorry I didn't get to you sooner, I am in the middle of final exams this week and next, so I am really busy. :( Back to studing.

Eustacia
05-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Eustacia, it isn't a bug at all. You need to light the candles with your fire boomerang before the times up. You are just waiting it out. You have to use the the fire boomerang to go to the next part of the boss.

By the way, sorry I didn't get to you sooner, I am in the middle of final exams this week and next, so I am really busy. :( Back to studing.

Thanks a million...I even tried using the candle and wand, but didn't think to use the boomerang. After that, he went down pretty fast. Level 9 went down even faster. Now trying to figure out what to do about the Temple of Courage...

WindStrike
05-06-2006, 01:35 PM
If ya read back on the first or second page a bit, you'd see there is nothing after the Temple of Courage appearantly.

Aegix Drakan
05-07-2006, 10:36 AM
you really like your custom bosses, don't you shoelace?

Just cleared out level 3 ( :( man that was tough. I'm quite careless, and the no weapon segment was a nightmare...that being said, well done).

I just LOVE this game. congrats man! :thumbsup:

music5674
05-07-2006, 11:50 AM
i know i am slow with these games but i cant get the beginning sword or where its at...where the game opens i see a sword in the rock, but no way of getting it...i got into link house..i tried pushing everything to find it, but nothing...unless i am pushing wrong on something...any help here...great graphics...

ShadowTiger
05-07-2006, 12:03 PM
The sword on the rock is just a painting of sorts, I think. Ignore it. There's no sword in Link's house either. The sword is in the Robins' house, I think. Keep exploring every house on the island. You'll eventually come across a house that has skeleton pirates in it. Keep looking through out that house and you'll find the sword, amongst other things. ;)

music5674
05-07-2006, 12:10 PM
ok...since overworld map donst work its hard to know where i have been....it seems to me i dont have many places to go...i must be missing a passageway or something i am not seeing...will keep trying to find it...

ShadowTiger
05-07-2006, 12:22 PM
I think it's on the right-central part of the island. Stick to the east areas of the island and you'll be sure to find it. Don't forget to approach from both the north shore then head south, and the south shore then head north. There's a height-based divider between the parts of the island there.

music5674
05-07-2006, 06:26 PM
LOL...i figured it out...my problem was not going to bed..it was still all dark..i had checked out his site and saw some of the pics of the game...i have a problem with someone telling me to go to bed..:)...found sword...that was a drill to find :)

sono_ryuu_sochi
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I finally beat it(around 24 hours or so and 30-40 deaths I think...I wandered too much when I was lost). Great quest. The only thing that I see as a little messed up is that the dialogue was just a tad to juvenile more often than not. Otherwise though, loved the quest.

Shoelace
05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks sono_ryuu_sochi. I am glad you liked the game. Anyways, so I can get better in my future games, what did you mean by "The dialoge was just a tad to juvenile more often than not"? A few years ago I couldn't read or do anything. But shockingly the internet has improved my writing skills by 100. Still I am not up to my standards. I am a good storyteller and I can make up things, and come up with twists and turns. However, expressing them has been hard. But if you notice, in the end of the game has far better dialogue than the beginning of the game. You can see the improvements through the course of the game in my writing.

Anyways, I am glad you enjoyed it. And if you have any suggestions for my future games, I am welcome to take them into consideration.

ShadowTiger
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
IMHO, Shoe, ... Darker moods. ;-p Get yourself the SPC file "Terranigma: Path through the Sun." You'll see what I mean. ;-D

sono_ryuu_sochi
05-09-2006, 12:50 AM
The writing seemed to be...how can I put it...lame? The jokes seemed like they were written by a young kid. Not, granted, I'm not sure what the audience of zeldaclassic is(I'm 21 myself) but the dialogue didn't fit with an amazing game. Did anybody else notice this or have comments? I guess I would say that the intended humor just came across as lame. I'm sorry if that's harsh but maybe it's just me :D All in all, an excellent quest :)

Phazite
05-09-2006, 01:27 AM
I didn't think the the writting was, bad. It's probably a lot better than I can do.

Anyway I finished the game in about 20 1/2 hours with 39 deaths. My favorite level was... mabe level 4 and my favorite boss was the level 8 boss, well not at first but I beat him again without using a potion (the first time I beat him I was almost dead). Somehow Aerosmith for the boss music worked in your game IMO. I always looked forward to fighting a boss partly because of it.:weirdo: All I have to do now is collect 5 HCPs and bomb upgrades. How many bombs can you have total?

My only suggestion is to have more story for each chapter and not just the main story (if you've played Paper Mario 2 you know what I mean). The overworlds and dungeons were a lot higher than average than in most games. The music fit very well and I could tell that you worked on the story. Some of it towards the end like the last bosses and some puzzles in level 8 were hard though, but I know your next games will be easier. I would rate this quest 10/10 still.:)

I tried to download The Dark Shadow but it wasn't working for some reason. I think I used to have that demo and EotM but don't know where Dark Shadow is.

Shoelace
05-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Well in my game EotM and The Dark Shadow, they have darker themes in the games. If you noticed in the TDS demo, there wasn't that many jokes in it as The Hero of Dreams had. That was the way I did the storyline. Anyways, I do suggest everyone to download TDS demo. I am doing a complete makeover on the game, so what you saw in the demo won't be on the final game. I just want to say, you will love the pallette.

Anyways, if you look on PureZC, there is a walkthrough I am working on. So far, I only put up where every heart piece is. Soon there will be a complete walkthrough. It will be done in July. For now, I need to finish school. Also, there are 8 bomb upgrades. Meaning there are 40 bombs.

Anyways, now that I made this game, I know a lot about designing overworlds and dungeons so hopefully they will be great. :P

music5674
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
am stuck...maybe i havent found everything i need at the moment...all i have is the sword and some bombs...i got a part of a heart when i returned to one house after getting sword...i got in 'Donmore's House' and stuck in there...the spikes are killing me...are there ares of the island to bomb to get things?...i found a cave in upper left hand corner of island but cant get past the pit holes...need help as to what to do and where lvl 1 is??? :)...am just so slow at these games :)...

sono_ryuu_sochi
05-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I downloaded the two demos. For some reason I couldn't get through the church. Also, the music in all the quests needs tweaking, it just doesn't fit, especially the church. For that I'm sure you could find some good Castlevania music or, my idea was the song from FF8 Fifthos, something something....:|

Otherwise it all looks pretty cool :)

DarkDragon
05-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Wonderful game. Finished with 22.75 hearts. I love the custom bosses, especially the Spirit Rangers. Season isle was also my favorite dungeon (although damn, I bet that dungeon alone burnt through your dmaps like crazy.)

Most of the puzzles were wonderful - all the push-block puzzles especially were pure joy. My only complaints puzzle-wise would be that the timed puzzles were too harsh - the first time you entered a timed-puzzle room, you were pretty much guaranteed to die. Maybe increase the time allowed to solve these puzzles by 50%. (The same goes for timed boss segments, such as the screen of the boss of Level 9 containing the two octorocks on crack.)

I appreciated that you allowed to player to skip the Regent's dialogue after the first time entering the battle. I wish you would have done the same for the other bosses - paging through 17 screens of text in order to fight the Level 9 boss after dying yet again to his Super Darknut was tedious.

I agree that the writing markedly improved as the game went on. I would be more than happy to help you proofread and edit your text for your next quest if you'd like.

Phazite
05-11-2006, 11:57 PM
am stuck...maybe i havent found everything i need at the moment...all i have is the sword and some bombs...i got a part of a heart when i returned to one house after getting sword...i got in 'Donmore's House' and stuck in there...the spikes are killing me...are there ares of the island to bomb to get things?...i found a cave in upper left hand corner of island but cant get past the pit holes...need help as to what to do and where lvl 1 is??? :)...am just so slow at these games :)...

In Donmore's Cave there should be some stairs that go outside. It goes to level 1.

music5674
05-12-2006, 07:40 PM
ok....are the stairs not in the maze area???? the spikes kep killing me...so whats the secret getting past the spikes?????

Phazite
05-12-2006, 08:33 PM
In some rooms the floor switches remove the spikes, but they add blocks to the room too. Use the switches to get around the spikes and through the maze.
(Hint: Go up a screen first)

music5674
05-12-2006, 10:27 PM
ok, i try that...i know some time when i hit the stars walls came up...also i noticed there is some stairs in link's house...i have pushed everything to try to get back there but unable to..unless i am pushing something wrong...there loks lke something going up and down in one spot...i think that has something to do wih it but cant figure it out...am not all that great with these quests but i enjoy trying them...makes me wish i still had my original zelda game when it first came out :)

Shoelace
05-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Hello music5674, hope that you are getting everything so far. I have to warn you that the game gets really hard later on in the game. Those puzzles are like warmups. Hopefully you will be able to master them.

Also, you need a hammer to go to the stairs in Link's house. So you won't be able to get in there for a long while.

music5674
05-13-2006, 01:33 PM
hello shoelace....havent found anything at moment..am in level 1 but nothing found before i got in here...what should i have found...any hints as to where things i should have are?? :)

Phazite
05-13-2006, 07:29 PM
You should just have a sword and some ruppies by the time you get to the first dungeon.

Aegix Drakan
05-27-2006, 09:49 PM
>_< PLEASE HELP!

I am getting my sorry ass kicked by Dodongo king. Here is how the sequence goes:

I block his fireballs with my shield.
I bomb his face when he inhales.
I slash his face, and run, JUST dodgeing his roll.

I block his fireballs with my shield.
I bomb his face when he inhales.
I slash his face, and run, and get WASTED by his roll.

:scared: any tips on evading the unbelievably powerful roll? I think I'm missing something, cause link just doesn't run fast enough!

ShadowTiger
05-27-2006, 09:55 PM
... ... Huuuuh. ... Didn't know people were having that much trouble with him. o.o I tended to not have any trouble at all with him. Shoelace gives you just enough time to run, but you have to actually take advantage of it. Like, ... you'd bomb him, then the instant you slash, IMMEDIATELY run the other way. Don't wait at all.

Aegix Drakan
05-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah...I realized that. I can get two slashes in on the son of a goriya, then...

I dodge his roll all over the arena, then, knowing by now how he LOVES to use his lethal blast breath at this stage, I go WAAAAAY to the back.

Then...out of the blue, I GET TELEPORTED RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and I get fried by his blast breath, with not enough time to escape!!!

I am assuming this is a bug or something, because I did NOT want to teleport RIGHT UP TO HIS FACE.

I'm gonna try again...

[EDIT] NEVERMIND. I FINALLY beat him. I survived his breath with TWO HEARTS LEFT. :sweat: that was tough...thanks for the help Shadowtiger!

ShadowTiger
05-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah...I realized that. I can get two slashes in on the son of a goriya, then..... Er ... .. One is all that's needed. You know how that works, right? It's a custom boss, not a really big enemy. :p All that custom bosses are made of are warps, secrets, graphics, and screens. I assure you, slashing multiple times will only harm you if the screens are timed.

Even though you've beaten him, do keep that in mind. Indeed, keep in mind *how* these custom bosses would work. Remember that in 2.10, where this was built, there's only one tile warp and one side warp. Keep that in mind when fighting so you'll know where and how you can continue each frame of whatever boss you're fighting with going.

Love For Fire
05-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah...I realized that. I can get two slashes in on the son of a goriya, then...

I dodge his roll all over the arena, then, knowing by now how he LOVES to use his lethal blast breath at this stage, I go WAAAAAY to the back.

Then...out of the blue, I GET TELEPORTED RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and I get fried by his blast breath, with not enough time to escape!!!

I am assuming this is a bug or something, because I did NOT want to teleport RIGHT UP TO HIS FACE.

I'm gonna try again...

[EDIT] NEVERMIND. I FINALLY beat him. I survived his breath with TWO HEARTS LEFT. :sweat: that was tough...thanks for the help Shadowtiger!

Yeah... the problems with that boss were not shoelace's fault, he was merely limited by the boundaries of 2.10. The boss' attacks were way too powerful though. But Congratulations on beating him, that was IMO the hardest part of the game... until you get to level 8.

DJ 18 1990
05-28-2006, 10:32 PM
I am officaly agervated.
HOW IN THE [TIRFORCE] DO YOU BEET THE 1ST DUNGEON'S BOSS???
DOES IT INVOLVE ME KICKING MY COMPUTER...I DON'T THINK SO I TRIED THAT!!
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Find my happyness"? "The one thing that keeps me happy"?

DJ 18 1990
05-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Okey I'll try bombs on the boss

ShadowTiger
05-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow. O.o' Please stop double posting? :odd:

Yeah, use your boomerang on all four switches on the corners, then either slash or use the boomerang on the boss. Bombs probably won't work.

Aegix Drakan
05-29-2006, 07:25 AM
stuck again >_<.

I am missing 1 key in the spirit temple. knowing that there are 2 keys per floor, I know the Fire floor is cleared.

also, what is up with the eyeball statue that keeps spinning his eye? is it a secret? and if so how do I trigger it?

Please help, I've gone through all the floors so many times!

Shoelace
05-29-2006, 03:07 PM
DJ, you use the boomerang on the switches. If you are playing with 2.11, then stop and play with 2.10. This game is for 2.10 only, and there are bugs in 2.11 since it wasn't made for that version.

Anyways, Aegix, Which keys did you get in the plant and water floors. I will say the hardest ones to get. In the water floor go to the top right corner of the level and make the water go up. Take the raft down. Push the blocks and go left. It should take you to a room with 3 darknuts and keeses. Kill them and it will reveal a key. The hard one to find in the plant floor is in the southeast corner of the level. Make it rain and then hookshot to the candle. There is a key behind the tree.

Aegix Drakan
05-29-2006, 03:31 PM
and go left. It should take you to a room with 3 darknuts and keeses. Kill them and it will reveal a key.

that's it, that's trh eone I was missing. me and my inherent fear of darknuts...

thanks Shoelace, sorry to bother you for the (counts) 5th time.

bobace221
05-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Hmmm, this quest doesn't seem to work on my computer...
I get past Link's Dream in the beginning, and after the credits, the Chapter one black screen comes up. Then an error message pops up, saying: Would you like to send an error report to Windows(You know that one) and I have to restart. I did this 3 times and I finally got past it the 3rd time. Then, I got through Ruto's House, I killed the Blue Stalfos(I guess that's what it was) and exited the room. Then the black screen comes up and Link is talking to himself saying Finally I got the sword, yadda yadda yadda, and the error message pops up again. Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe it has something to do with playing it windowed... Should I try to do the quest Fullscreen?:googly: :confused:

WindStrike
05-31-2006, 04:36 PM
That's something I've never seen before in HoD or ZC period. Yeah, go ahead and try fullscreen. If it still happens, the only thing I can think of is to check your harddrives for errors. (Right Click --> Properties --> Tools --> Check for Errors) If that doesn't work, then I have no clue.

bobace221
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Well, when I try Fullscreen, the bottom half of my screen is black. I had to skip that one cutscene by saving and restarting right after I beat the Blue Stalfos.
(For the second time). Could someone tell me why the bottom half of the screen is blank in Fullscreen? It didn't do this before, so I wonder why it does now.

BTW, I need to know how to get a key so I can get the Boomerang. I've looked everywhere in Level 1, but I just can't find that key.

Shoelace
06-01-2006, 04:51 AM
To get the boomerang you need the big key. The water will need to be lowered and then go up from the entrance one screen. Go down stairs and go left to the switch. Once the switch has been activated go back to the entrance and go left two screens. Go under the bridge and there is the big key.

Also, I have never heard of that problem on your computer. The computer must not like ZC. Hopefully it works. :(

bobace221
06-01-2006, 12:20 PM
AH, I was trying to open the big chests like I would a small one by slashing it. I didn't know to just walk into it. Thanks, Shoelace. Oh, and I think I've found an antidote to my little problem. If I don't skip through the text and don't press anything during the little cutscenes, they seem to work. I'll try it with the next one I come to, so far I've made it to TreeTop Village.

[EDIT] It did happen again, and I didn't press anything. It was while he was wondering if he'd get something for rescuing the dog. Man, now I have to go through that tree again.

Shoelace
06-01-2006, 07:38 PM
That sucks. I heard that ZC crashs for some people when the screen is small during screens that have no subscreens.

bobace221
06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I need some help in Fort Wolfblin. I have the arrow and big key, and I also have a small key. I can see the chest that has the Bow in it, but the entrance is blocked by a shutter. How do I open the shutter?

Shoelace
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
It seems everyone misses this one. Anyways, to open the shutter look at the ground. You can see that you can walk in the wall at the lower right part of the wall. Walk on the trigger in the wall and the door will open.

bobace221
06-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I've fixed the problem. I downloaded the newest ZC Launcher, and now I can run ZC Fullscreen; it works perfectly. Now I can keep going, just beat Chapter 3, now on to Chapter 4.

kopitiambread
06-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi Shoelace! Just wanted to say that you've made a really great quest :)

I'm currently @ Lvl 2 after getting the arrow and big key. However, I can't find a way to the key to the bow or the bow itself. Help anyone?

-edit- found the bow already! Missed the big ley door!

elise
06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
With the big key you can open the door when you escape jail there look closely at the borders of the floor and you find your way

fajz
08-29-2006, 05:58 PM
I am stuck in Level 4> I have found 5 keys and have used every one and I can't find any more. Earlier in this post it was said that the "Red Candle" is the first thing gotten in this dungeon...Well I got the Whistle first. Have I screwed up my key use? The 5 keys I have are...From the starting room...
1) 3 rooms East 1 North; 2) 1 room west; 3) 1 room west and 6 rooms north; 4) 6 rooms north ; 5) 3 rooms east and 7 rooms north. I really hope I haven't messed up I'd hate to have to start over. Can someone help me out?
I'm needing a key to get into the "change" room 4 rooms east and 2 north from the starting room.

Never mind got it.

zyoss2000
09-03-2006, 11:21 PM
I am at the boss of the fourth level. But I cannot figure out how to beat him. I know I am supposed to use bombs and hit it with my sword, but I die every time because it shoots an endless beam of fire at me. How do I beat it?

Shoelace
09-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Okay when King Dodongo sucks in air, you have make him suck in a bomb. You basically move around until he sucks in air and lay a bomb. He will get hurt, then you hit him with your sword and run for it. I gave you actually a lot of time and space to avoid his roll. The thing is, try not to let him do his fire, that is a killer.

zyoss2000
09-14-2006, 05:58 PM
I was wondering, where do you find the Lens of truth and Faores wind at?

WindStrike
09-14-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't think Farore's Wind is in the game... as for the Lens of Truth... ... I'm honestly not sure if that was even in the quest. I may check when I play HoD during the weekend.

Shoelace
09-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Both of those items aren't in the game. :P

zyoss2000
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Both of those items aren't in the game. :P

Oh, I was just wondering.

Anyways, how do you get the Magic upgrade on Fort Wolfbin?

pvd
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM
you use an arrow and shoot the ladder

zyoss2000
09-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks, now I have all the magic upgrades. Better work on the bomb upgrades.

One more thing, I found some bugs in the game. One bug is a continue bug when you enter from Fort Wolfbin from the swamp. another bug is when Link casts a spell, it shows a Black box.

Shoelace
09-18-2006, 06:10 AM
I will look into that continue bug. But the Link cast spell thing, which I call: The 16 x16 black tile of doom! is actually a 2.10 bug. It was fixed in 2.11, so I couldn't do anything about it. But, I will release a 2.11 verison of the game, so HoD can be just a little easier. But I will do that when 2.11 is released. :P

WindStrike
09-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Did you know?:
It is possible to beat this game in under 10 hours. I got TO (Not through) Level 7 at about 6:16 hours, according to the ZC clock time. Levels 4 and 5 really took off a lot of my time though... I think I could really get to Level 7 at about 5:30... note that this is WITH the red tunic and 17 hearts. Heh... made a huge mistake - I forgot to get the blue tunic after level 4. Instead, I got it after 6. Well, this was because I forgot where the heck it was, until after I beat level 6... though it was kinda pointless at that point, since the red tunic was accesible. Anyways... just saying that.

Err... Shoelace, mayhaps a suggestion for the 2.11 version. Maybe you could cut down the number of dmaps you used and then use them on:
-1) That hole in Autumn Town
-2) I wanna be able to explore and go through hyrule castle dangit!
-3) You know that area where you get the Book of Flamo? I'd like to be able to actually go through that little level, if possible.

... yeah, something like that. Anyways... I had to stop at level 7 because I was at my grandma's house and had to go home, so... I'll have to start over again, which isn't a problem really. So, I'll tell you guys how fast I can get to level 7... probably tomorrow if possible.

EDIT: Sub-6 I said? Try sub-5. I got to level 7 with the same stuff as last time, but this time around I had a time of 4:32. I made quite a few mistakes so now I know that it is possible to get there with a time of 4:00. Yep... 4 hours. Well, I'll see how fast I can go through Levels 7-9 tomorrow, but until then, I'll leave you with this.

zyoss2000
09-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I just beat it! I died fifty times. Anyways, really good quest. Cant wait for a 2.11 one.

WindStrike
09-23-2006, 09:42 PM
The only reason that I might not play the 2.11 one is because 2.11 might not have frame-skip. And I like frame-skipping a lot, because it saves time in reality (Not on the ZC timer of course). Well, good job zyoss2000 for completing the quest! 50 deaths? Don't worry, that isn't bad... I think I died 83 times on Isle of the Winds, even though it was the first custom quest I played. And HoD is harder... way harder. Beating it period (Unless your death count exceeds 100) is very good and shows a lot skill. Try playing it again... maybe not now, but after some other stuff. It's a fun play-through even after the first time. Note my 4:32 to Level 7. That goes to show how much fun I've had with it so far, hehehe...

pvd
09-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I die a lot more because when i go to save a game I purposely die the select continue option then quit and save. I have been trapped too many times with continue bugs. I died 53 times because of this in HOD.

WindStrike
09-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Continue bugs? To my knowledge, there seem to only be one continue bug (The one that zyoss2000 stated). If you're referring to level 8, then I get your point, but other than that, you shouldn't have a problem. And even with the one continue bug, well, you shouldn't run into those really. Fyi, if you want to just do a quit-->save, then hit F6 (Or go to the main menu and hit Quit), hit yes on the 'Are you really sure you want to quit?' and then save. It prevents death. It also allows for a lot of abusive time saving as well as heart refill when doing quit-->continue. But... I don't think I used that in my little 'speed-run' except in the desert, when I couldn't find my way back.

dimepiece
09-24-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm in Level 8. I need to get the last of the four keys required to reach the master sword.

I've gotten the ones from the wizzrobe room, block room, and secret water passage under the fence in the upper right corner.

Where is the last one?

Phazite
09-25-2006, 12:54 AM
There are two keys on each side of the castle (east and west.) There are two dark/light block puzzle rooms too, one on each side, so you could be missing one of those. You might have missed the one on the west wing where you have to run from the spikes.

And Windstrike, that is pretty good! I should tr speed running this some time too. Sounds fun.

dimepiece
09-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Need some help.

Made to Level 9.
I'm at Floor 4 at the water/lava room.
How do I get pass it, whenever I try I just keep getting burn, just seems like i'm not fast enough.

WindStrike
09-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Hmm... do you have Nayru's Love? If you have to, just get the first switches, and when you get to the point where you can't seem to get through, then activate it.

If you don't have it and don't feel like having it (I don't think I could beat the game without it), well, I think there might be a block you can push in that room... then again, I might be thinking of level 8. Look very closely and plan your route a bit before going in. I'd go in and try playing HoD, but unfortunately, I don't have the time as of now.

dimepiece
09-25-2006, 09:30 PM
I think the purple suit is in Level 9, but I can't find it.
Made to the final boss.

He's quite hard. Where do I get the purple suit.

WindStrike
09-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Purple suit? That overpowered thing that's overly cheap? Shoelace would never put that in this game.
Yeah, it's no where to be found. Red is the best you can get. Final boss is hard, I know... you'll probably do it several times. Heck, I had to exit and max out my magic so that I could get Nayru's Love off 4 times when fighting him. You can get it off even more if magic drops. Nayru's Love is almost essential to beating the game.

Also, if you're wondering about golden arrows, they don't exist in that game either - they're cheap. Lens of Truth and Farore's Wind also don't exist.

Shoelace
09-26-2006, 04:01 AM
You know my game inside and out, WindStrike. I have to keep you in mind as a betatester (In the future since I am not going to be looking anytime soon). Thanks for enjoying the game so much. Also, I am not remaking the quest in 2.11. Just making certain things easier, and also fully playable in 2.11. I think I will add some extras like you mentioned, so you will have to wait and see. :P

pvd
09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Question on the boss of level 8. I must really stink at Zelda or this guy is hard. I get to the point where you slash him with you sword twice. How much farther do I have to go to beat him?

WindStrike
09-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Trust me, if you beat that boss, you don't stink at Zelda at all. Heck, for you to have gotten that far proves you're quite good. Don't worry, I think on my first try, I didn't even get past hammering the fellow to death. I believe it took me... three or four tries.
Two things you should keep in mind:
-1) The bosses of levels 7, 8, and 9 are hard. The bosses of levels 8 and 9 and particularly very hard and not to beaten by rookies.
-2) When you lose a fight to a boss, keep trying. When ya can't figure out what to do to a boss, either be observant while blocking/dodging or experiment by hitting the boss with different items. It's typically a good idea to be observant first and then try experimenting.

Anyways, I believe it's... three or four stabs. Yeah... kinda makes ya want to cry right now. So pretty much, just try again.

You know my game inside and out, WindStrike.
Not really... only up to level 7. After that, well... I think I only remember level 8 somewhat well, but I won't count on my memory to beat that level. As for level 7... STEP ON THE STOMP!

Beckyj4
10-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Sorry to bring this over here, but the other forum takes too long to load even one page. (I tried Fire Fox before and it messed up my computer)

I am just wondering if it is impossible to use F4 on the boss of the 4th level? He doesn't swallow the bombs? There is a 'dinging' when I hit him with the sword, but no apparent damage, just puffs of smoke all around his mouth when the bomb goes off.

It is also impossible to get out of the way of the flame shooting from his mouth?

Pineconn
10-20-2006, 03:39 PM
If I remember correctly, you have to place a bomb on his mouth, let it explode, then hit his mouth [a few times?]. Just repeat until dead. Watch out - his roll attack may be difficult to get away from.

Beckyj4
10-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Pineconn, I know you have to put it in his mouth. Trouble is, if you hang around to hit him with the sword, you get injured by the bomb, because he doesn't swallow it. You also only get 2 chances to put the bomb in his mouth, because before he opens his mouth a 3rd time, he spits out a stream of fire that cannot be avoided.

WindStrike
10-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Alright... to defeat King Dodongo:
-1) Get in front of him while he is shooting fireballs at you.
-2) Run back slightly and then back to him, where he will have his mouth open.
-3) Immediately drop a bomb and then start running around the room.
-4) When you are running around the room, take the inner ring as opposed to the outer ring. You may think it won't save much time, but trust me, it makes a HUGE difference. Also, keep running until he actually stops. You may have to go pretty far past him before you know he stops. When you know he does stop, run back to him and start repeating the steps.

I believe you have to do this 3-4 times... I'm leaning more towards 4 times, if my memory serves me correctly. Yes, I'm aware that he is hard during the first few tries, but once you get used to the routine, he's a piece of cake... except for when you go a little too soon when making a turn and you run into the lava... which is very painful.

At the part of steps 2 and 3, I really mean 'immediately' lay a bomb the second his mouth is open. Actually, when you get the timing down better, you can lay a bomb before his mouth opens, and it will explode when he opens it. And the, of course, run the very second you drop the bomb.
That should work...

Shoelace
10-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I guess I will just add to this. Walk around until his mouth opens. Place a bomb and he will be hurt. While he is hurt, you have to hit him with the sword, and then start running. Remember to keep moving! Hope that helps.

Pineconn
10-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Besides the Level 7, 8, and 9 bosses, this was the only one I died in. It's because I underestimated how far King Dodongo rolls around the room.

So yeah, good luck beating him. (Not sarcastic!)

Beckyj4
10-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, I don't know how many times I've died because I just reset. A LOT!After the 3rd bomb, he always spits out the long flame and even using the potions, I die. I tried going around a corner, but it just warps back in front of him?

WindStrike
10-22-2006, 08:45 AM
You know how I said that if you're good enough, you can set the bomb before his mouth actually opens? Do that. It may take several tries, but it should work.

Beckyj4
10-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Finally, I got through it. Thanks for the help guys. I've been wandering around the 5th level, but I think I need a rest. :googly:

Thanks again.

Pineconn
10-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Level 5 is pretty intricate. I finished it in one night; but then again, that was during summer vacation. ;)

Beckyj4
10-24-2006, 01:41 AM
I waited too long for the blue shirt so I have to take my time now. Blue is my favorite color. Besides I'm an old lady and tire easily. heh heh

Now I'm stuck. I found my way in to a boss. Blue dress, with a bunch of enemies that I killed. I had two keys and had to use one to get in. Then I couldn't kill the boss no matter what I tried, so I saved and went out. When I went back again, both keys were gone?

I finally found out that I should have used a key after I went thru the log, but now I don't know where to find another key. I got the one from shooting the snake head and the one from turning on the rain. I still don't have the gloves or the wand.

12 3/4 hearts. Blue suit. 16 bombs.

Shoelace
10-25-2006, 07:44 AM
I replyed you with the PM Becky, I will post it here to, to help others that may have the problem:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I don't really come to to AGN as much as PureZC. Anyways, I never heard of a bug that you lose your keys, so I think maybe it was a mistake that you lost one. I don't know but he is where I can help you:

There are 6 keys in the level in total. You can get all of them in any order with none of the items. So that means, you will have enough for the other key holes so don't worry about that. Anyways, here are the key locations, remember that there are 2 on each floor:

Fire floor: The snake head one (you know about), and the middle of the floor has a block puzzle that you will get a key in.

Plant floor: The very bottom right corner, that you have to make it rain to hookshot to get. The Middle Left of the floor where you have to shoot the bugs with the arrows to get.

Water floor: From the top entrance go down one screen and make the water rise. Follow the path and shoot the bugs and it will lead to a key. Go the top right corner of the floor and make the water rise, ride the raft, and go one room to the left, you have to kill the enemies (darknuts and bats) to get the key.

There is all of the keys. Try to get even the keys that you thought you got already just in case. Hope that helps.

--Shoelace

bluedeath
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Ive completed the quest, and it was the best quest released, i bet its gonna be a very long time before somthing better then this comes out

WindStrike
10-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Ive completed the quest, and it was the best quest released, i bet its gonna be a very long time before somthing better then this comes out

Congrats to ye, bluedeath! Oh, and that second statement: From the time this game was released, that statement would hold true. From this point however... there are two quests that may beat this one. One has a very high potential, and that would be DFW's and Petoe's Lost Isle quest. Neofirst might be better just because of all of the 2.11 features that it will have... and the fact that someone *cough cough shoelace* made Neofirst's level 1 way too good. I still think Season Isle was better though.

Still, beating this quest proves your excellency at playing ZC. So... what was your death count at the end, ZC timer, hearts w/ heart pieces, etc.?

Shoelace
10-25-2006, 11:59 PM
From this point however... there are two quests that may beat this one. One has a very high potential, and that would be DFW's and Petoe's Lost Isle quest. Neofirst might be better just because of all of the 2.11 features that it will have... and the fact that someone *cough cough shoelace* made Neofirst's level 1 way too good. I still think Season Isle was better though.

I love competition. I know I will maybe seem cocky by saying this, but I really do want to be known as the greatest quest maker in ZC. Now, I know that is hard because Mr. Z, DFW, Freedom, Petoe, C-Dawg, just to name a few, are just awesome quest makers, and I respect them a lot. However, I do want to out do them. HoD may not have did it, but I really do hope my other ones do. And DFW's and Petoe's Lost Isle, in my opinion, may be better than HoD. I do think it will be. DFW and Petoe are at a level where they can make maybe the greatest quest in history of ZC. For me, it will make me that much better, to want to top it.

About Neofirst, I am going to be honest. I didn't like the level I made that much. To me, I like to be in total control of the level, and I was basically given the plans. I did go beyond the plans and add puzzles and things to make it a Shoelace type level, but there were a lot of debates because of the overall Neofirst image was different then mine. That is why, I didn't want to make the 2nd level and 3rd level, because, I really did feel like I was in a bubble. Nothing against, ST or anyone at all. It is just, I like to do things a certain way, my own certain way. I don't think the level would have been designed at all the way it is then it would have been, if I did it myself.

One thing that is bothering me right now, is because I want to be the best it is just going to be too hard to do that, because of the scripts. I don't know how to write them, so they may be absent from my quests. And the people that have scripts will have unique things in there quests. It makes their quests stand out. So that means, it will be harder for me to make my game more unique than theirs without that. But you know what, I still have in my mind, that I can still make a heck of a quest without scripts, and hopefully I will be the best ZC quest maker ever. I want everyone to love and enjoy my games, as simple as that.

By the way, bluedeath, thanks a lot. I am really glad you enjoyed my game so much.

Beckyj4
10-27-2006, 01:14 AM
I replyed you with the PM Becky, I will post it here to, to help others that may have the problem:

Thanks so much Shoelace.

Reading other comments on here, I certainly vote HoD the best quest I have ever played. By a very large margin.

BTW, I had to delete firefox. It kept saying something about a phone number not being right? I couldn't even get online with it after the first time.

Now I am stuck on how to get the ice to move so I can move the mirrors in Level 6. 2 of them are stuck in between ice cubes. Or don't I need to move the mirrors?

WindStrike
10-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Burninate It!

Shoelace
10-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I am not sure what room you are in Becky. there are a lot of rooms with ice and mirrors. The hardest puzzle is the one on the lower right: First melt the white ice block. Then push the far right mirror to the very left. Then the other mirrors will have to follow so you can reflect magic against the mirrors to the switches. Hope that helps, I am going to class, and I was in a rush. laterz.

Beckyj4
10-31-2006, 05:16 PM
I am not sure what room you are in Becky. there are a lot of rooms with ice and mirrors. The hardest puzzle is the one on the lower right: First melt the white ice block. Then push the far right mirror to the very left. Then the other mirrors will have to follow so you can reflect magic against the mirrors to the switches. Hope that helps, I am going to class, and I was in a rush. laterz.

More fun. Last Saturday my computer died. Just went black and I couldn't turn it back on. Yesterday, my son switched it to 220, then back to 110, and it worked. :confused:

Anyway, I got thru the part I asked you about. Now I am stuck again. The only place I can figure out to go, I can't kill the enemy. That greenish ghost, so the gold blocks will go down. Last place I went was ouside, thru all those enemies that I couldn't get to from the other place I was outside. Got the key and it led me back to the place I came from.

No big key, map, or any dungeon items. Doesn't even show any that can be gotten in this level

WindStrike
10-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Green ghost = Mirror Wizzrobe. You need the mirror to get past him. Anyways... if you got through the puzzle in the bottom-right corner, then you should have gotten a key along that path, right? Then you used it on that door right above the bottom-right corner. Ok... let's see where that puts us... ah yes, it should be the path to outside the place, as in where all of the enemies are.

Alright, on that path, you go through the first two rooms using the hookshot. You may want to kill at least most the enemies before you try proceeding through the little speed-hookshot path. On the third on, get through the hookshot path, and then look at the area where the ice keeps appearing on and off. That is walkable at all times. Stay on the ice and head up. This fourth room is more annoying, but you can get through - just make sure that you look ahead. Alright, then you come outside. Kill all of the blue darknuts and then proceed until you reach a screen with an ice/mirror puzzle on it with a key hidden under the tree. Kill the wizzrobes first and then burn the mirror with the ice on it. Alright... the puzzle can be tediously annoying if you don't know where to start, so I'll tell you: Take the block second from the left side and push it right. I think it took me about 5 or 6 six tries before I actually did that. Ok... the rest should be self-explanatory... except for the part about the wind... hopefully you'll figure that one out.

Beckyj4
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Green ghost = Mirror Wizzrobe. You need the mirror to get past him. Anyways... if you got through the puzzle in the bottom-right corner, then you should have gotten a key along that path, right? Then you used it on that door right above the bottom-right corner. Ok... let's see where that puts us... ah yes, it should be the path to outside the place, as in where all of the enemies are.

Alright, on that path, you go through the first two rooms using the hookshot. You may want to kill at least most the enemies before you try proceeding through the little speed-hookshot path. On the third on, get through the hookshot path, and then look at the area where the ice keeps appearing on and off. That is walkable at all times. Stay on the ice and head up. This fourth room is more annoying, but you can get through - just make sure that you look ahead. Alright, then you come outside. Kill all of the blue darknuts and then proceed until you reach a screen with an ice/mirror puzzle on it with a key hidden under the tree. Kill the wizzrobes first and then burn the mirror with the ice on it. Alright... the puzzle can be tediously annoying if you don't know where to start, so I'll tell you: Take the block second from the left side and push it right. I think it took me about 5 or 6 six tries before I actually did that. Ok... the rest should be self-explanatory... except for the part about the wind... hopefully you'll figure that one out.

I got thru that one. It was my second trip outside that I was talking about. Killed all the darknuts and everything else. Got the key and used it in the keyhole right near where the key was. Led me back to the screen where the ice keeps melting? I never got anything that trip. Was I supposed to?

Shoelace
11-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Okay, the screen that you melted the ice go one screen to the right. It will lead to the Big Key.

Beckyj4
11-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Okay, the screen that you melted the ice go one screen to the right. It will lead to the Big Key.

I must be missing something. I keep going around in circles, using up my magic, etc. Then I have to go back to Autumn Town for refills.

If you are referring to the place where I melted the white ice block, I have tried everything I have in every room after that one. The only place there was a chest, it had a small key.

I melted the ice on a mirror outside and have been back there several times, and again, tried everything I have on all of the screens there. I even tried all along the southern walls to see if there was another hidden doorway.

When I go thru the door that I used the key for, after melting the ice on the mirror, I can't go any further. No matter where I try to step off the platform, I fall into the ice. I don't know how many times I fell in but used up all the hearts 3 times.

I've killed every enemy in every screen. Tried hookshotting all over the place out of the screen. Tried melting anything that looked at all meltable. Tried bombs, boomerrang, arrows, lantern, and wand on everthing imaginable. I must be very dumb, because I am stumped.

Shoelace
11-01-2006, 01:06 PM
It was my second trip outside that I was talking about. Killed all the darknuts and everything else. Got the key and used it in the keyhole right near where the key was. Led me back to the screen where the ice keeps melting?

Okay, by that I thought you were talking about the top left corner of the first floor/outside. I still think you were talking about that. Anyways, when you follow that path where there was key hole it leads to a switch where it makes the key go down. I thought you were talking about that.

If you were this is how to get there from the entrance. go one screen up then left once, then up twice. There in that room you can go right/east. That leads to the Big Key which is the next thing you need to get. If you haven't gotten up to that, I am getting confused on the wording then...

I melted the ice on a mirror outside and have been back there several times, and again, tried everything I have on all of the screens there. I even tried all along the southern walls to see if there was another hidden doorway.

When I go thru the door that I used the key for, after melting the ice on the mirror, I can't go any further. No matter where I try to step off the platform, I fall into the ice. I don't know how many times I fell in but used up all the hearts 3 times.

Okay,on that screen where you melted the ice on the mirror you get the key right. I think you did as you said you opened the key lock to the left. In the next from that key lock, is a path to the Big Key that I was telling you about. Nobody seems to have trouble with it so let me figure it out.. Okay, in that room, it is surrounded by ice water correct? I made it so the part that you can walk across is blinking like ice. You can walk across those blinking tiles. It will lead to the screen to the right. If you don't see any blinking ice in the water, then with the mouse go to Opition in ZC -> Transparent layers. And make sure that it is on. It must be on to play this game, maybe it was accidentally turned off or something. Anyways, lets see if that helps.

Beckyj4
11-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Okay, by that I thought you were talking about the top left corner of the first floor/outside. I still think you were talking about that. Anyways, when you follow that path where there was key hole it leads to a switch where it makes the key go down. I thought you were talking about that.

If you were this is how to get there from the entrance. go one screen up then left once, then up twice. There in that room you can go right/east. That leads to the Big Key which is the next thing you need to get. If you haven't gotten up to that, I am getting confused on the wording then...

Okay,on that screen where you melted the ice on the mirror you get the key right. I think you did as you said you opened the key lock to the left. In the next from that key lock, is a path to the Big Key that I was telling you about. Nobody seems to have trouble with it so let me figure it out.. Okay, in that room, it is surrounded by ice water correct? I made it so the part that you can walk across is blinking like ice. You can walk across those blinking tiles. It will lead to the screen to the right. If you don't see any blinking ice in the water, then with the mouse go to Opition in ZC -> Transparent layers. And make sure that it is on. It must be on to play this game, maybe it was accidentally turned off or something. Anyways, lets see if that helps.

OK, Thank you. I had tried every path on that screen and then some. Trouble was, I never saw a complete path so figured someplace was a way despite it. I finally decided to use F4 and take a good look when the blocks flashed on. Still took me a long time to see it. :( I need to take awhile off and warm up from all those dunkings in ice water. ;)

Brrrrrrr..

Tacomaster22
11-02-2006, 07:07 AM
hey how do you get through level 2? is there some sort of walkthrough? ive beaten aquamentus already and have the arrow.

Shoelace
11-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Sorry, can you be more detailed in the question? I need to know exactly where you are in the level that you are having trouble. Also, there is no walkthrough. Sorry. But I am here to help, as well as many others.

Anyways, in the second level a lot of people have a hard time finding the bow. Maybe that is where you are. That's my guess. So from the "prison cell" go left once and up once. That shutter is the way to the bow, and it can be opened by the switch in the wall. Just look at the floor boarders are you will see what I am talking about. Hope that was your problem. If not, can you describe where exactly you are having trouble with.

DarkFlameWolf
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
*screams in agony* This quest is too complicated for me! >_< *quits*

Petoe
11-02-2006, 12:05 PM

Yeah, I gave up too because the quest was a bit too frustrating and confusing to me, and also it seems like it was rushed (where's all the detail, and what's up with all those misspellings?)! But it doesn't mean I don't appreciate Shoelace's hard work because I do. It's just that obviously this quest is not my cup of tea, but can't wait for Shoe's next quest as I am sure it will be better than HoD! ;)

Beckyj4
11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I guess I am going to have to give up too. The Level 6 boss has done me in. I forgot how many time I went thru both potions and died anyway. That is using F4. Furtherest I got was thru 4 appearances of the darknuts, etc. :(

Shoelace
11-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I gave up too because the quest was a bit too frustrating and confusing to me, and also it seems like it was rushed (where's all the detail, and what's up with all those misspellings?)! But it doesn't mean I don't appreciate Shoelace's hard work because I do. It's just that obviously this quest is not my cup of tea, but can't wait for Shoe's next quest as I am sure it will be better than HoD!

Well, the thing was the beginning of the game wasn't rushed, it was just made when I first started using ZC. So basically, the first levels are my first works. So, the detail isn't good at all, as I didn't know a lot about anything when I was first making the game. I have said many times, that I don't like my first 3 levels in HoD. Also, like 4 years ago, I couldn't read even. So that is why my grammar and spelling it is so bad. I had 10 betatesters look through my text and this is what it looked like after that, so you can imagination what it looked like before that. But yeah, I improved over the 4 years. If you ever look at my posts from 2 years ago, you will see what I mean. But yeah, this quest is not a lot of people's cup of tea, and I respect that. I don't like my own game until after the 3rd level. I just don't like my first levels at all. But I do hope that I correct my mistakes in my new quests. :P

Becky: Through 4 darknut phases... You are doing something wrong. When the darknuts come you need to reflect the magic into the little eye balls. That's it. Hope that helps.

WindStrike
11-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Ahe-he-he-hemm..... that's a joke, right? Oh let's see... level 7 of Hidden Duality... vs. level 4 of HoD. I'm guessing that's where you quit, because that level is complicated. But not as complicated as level 7 of HD. That level... you pretty much get lost like crazy and then you forget where you've gone. Not sure which level that got you, but your level 7 of HD is, in my opinion, a little more complicated than any of the levels in HoD. It's a great level, but I'm just saying...
Odds are, your Lost Isle quest (along with Petoe) is probably going to be more complicated than most of the stuff in HoD. I'm just guessing, considering how confusing and complicated I thought your IotW and HD quests were... especially the master domes, which I gave up on, because those are harder than just about everything else. Yeah... harder than level 8 of HoD or the level 9 boss.

I think levels 5 and 7 stump some people as well... ooo, especially that one puzzle in level 5. That one took me a long time. And if you think level 7 is long... it really isn't that long. It took me less time than level 5 and level 4. That, and I abused the tricks of ZC on the boss.

EDIT: Disregard this part. It's being transferred to ZC Discussion w/ edits.

Laris
11-03-2006, 11:47 AM
I´m stuck in level 3. I have found one key and used it...now I´m in the room with 5 blocks, I can push the middle up and down, one to the left, but the others wont move... or I need one more key to the room with big key door up and key door down... or am I blind again...
This is my first custom quest and it´s hard already..but i like it so far

Beckyj4
11-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, the thing was the beginning of the game wasn't rushed, it was just made when I first started using ZC. So basically, the first levels are my first works. So, the detail isn't good at all, as I didn't know a lot about anything when I was first making the game. I have said many times, that I don't like my first 3 levels in HoD. Also, like 4 years ago, I couldn't read even. So that is why my grammar and spelling it is so bad. I had 10 betatesters look through my text and this is what it looked like after that, so you can imagination what it looked like before that. But yeah, I improved over the 4 years. If you ever look at my posts from 2 years ago, you will see what I mean. But yeah, this quest is not a lot of people's cup of tea, and I respect that. I don't like my own game until after the 3rd level. I just don't like my first levels at all. But I do hope that I correct my mistakes in my new quests. :P

Becky: Through 4 darknut phases... You are doing something wrong. When the darknuts come you need to reflect the magic into the little eye balls. That's it. Hope that helps.

Thank you Shoelace. I was leaving the little eye balls alone because they weren't hurting me. :rolleyes:

I wish I hadn't posted at all. Frustration got to me I guess, but it bothered me that neither of the posts before mine had any indication of where the Poster was stuck.

Brought to mind a Quest by DFW that I tried long ago. Something to do with 'Wind'. No way at all to get thru any of the first levels without dieing over and over, ad nauseum. Questions to the author were met with sarcasm.
Kind of turned me off on her Quests and I haven't tried any since.

Now, I am an old lady, 72 years. I suffer from double vision and very painful arthritis. Yet I got thru 6 levels of HoD, by telling Shoelace where I was stuck. I never got beyond the 3rd level of the 'Wind', Quest. Mainly because most of the action required my arthritic fingers. In contrast, HoD requires one to really think, A LOT. Keeps one from getting Alzheimers? ;)

I'm not trying to upset anyone but it seems a bit rude to trash someone's Quest with absolutely no indication of where the problem lies. As to the second poster, Petoe, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Try hard enough and you can find something to complain about?

I may not get all the way thru this Quest, but it has already, in 6 Levels, topped any Quest I have ever played. Nitpicking without any reference to where you got frustrated and confused is also rude. Since you complained about lack of detail, I am assuming you didn't get far at all, because this Quest is loaded with detail.

BTW, I don't think I have played one Armageddon Games Quest that hasn't had some misspelled words. You are certainly a hard taskmaster.

Hero of Dreams is still the best Quest I have ever played. :)

ceril
11-03-2006, 11:45 PM
are you using ZC 2.10? i just got the sword and beat the boss in the house and the screen goes black and it talks about using the sword to cut down the brush, hinting to teh next area but the screen just stays there i can slah with my sword but nothing nothing happens the link is on the scren holding his sword up in the air and no buttons work? any help ??

Tacomaster22
11-03-2006, 11:59 PM
im in the main entrance, you know, with the triforce? ive already hit the skull that blocks the goriya's vision.

god help me.

DarkFlameWolf
11-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Sarcasm? Probably my bent sense of humor being misconstrued and I'm sorry that was taken badly. I'll try to curb my humor tendancies when answer further questions about my quests.

Shoelace
11-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Sorry, I didn't get to guys sooner, I had school, then spent the late at my friend's house and didn't go on the computer.

I´m stuck in level 3. I have found one key and used it...now I´m in the room with 5 blocks, I can push the middle up and down, one to the left, but the others wont move... or I need one more key to the room with big key door up and key door down... or am I blind again...
This is my first custom quest and it´s hard already..but i like it so far

That block puzzle with the 5 blocks, is really simple, you just have to push the right blocks in the right places. It will make a path to the right. Follow that and you will reach the key.

are you using ZC 2.10? i just got the sword and beat the boss in the house and the screen goes black and it talks about using the sword to cut down the brush, hinting to teh next area but the screen just stays there i can slah with my sword but nothing nothing happens the link is on the scren holding his sword up in the air and no buttons work? any help ??

Yeah, 2.10 is the correct version to use. Anyways, on those cutscenes, you just have press the down button. Is that not working? I will look into it if not, I haven't heard of any bug like this, so I am just confused.

im in the main entrance, you know, with the triforce? ive already hit the skull that blocks the goriya's vision.

god help me.

So what did you need help on? I got where you are at but I don't know what the question is. Do you need a key? Or what are looking for? I had already told you where the bow was at, which is the next thing to get before going to the boss. So if you didn't have trouble getting the bow, what is the question?

Now, I am an old lady, 72 years. I suffer from double vision and very painful arthritis. Yet I got thru 6 levels of HoD, by telling Shoelace where I was stuck. I never got beyond the 3rd level of the 'Wind', Quest. Mainly because most of the action required my arthritic fingers. In contrast, HoD requires one to really think, A LOT. Keeps one from getting Alzheimers?

Hey Becky, thanks a lot. Seriously, I am really happy that you liked the game so much. I knew that the one thing I regret in making HoD, is making it too hard. And I have promised to make my other games easier. So thanks for getting up to level 6. That right there is further than a lot of people got to. Level 8 is my one level that is just too hard to have fun in, in my opinion. A lot of people stop on that spot because I went too harsh on that level. Even though I think it is one of my best levels, you just don't have that much fun in that one, so that sucks. Even if you do stop on HoD, you have gotten past a lot that most don't, so that counts as something. So thanks a lot, I mean that. Posts like this makes me feel good that I made a game that people like. That is all I wanted when I first started with ZC. I wanted to people to enjoy my games. Thank you.

Beckyj4
11-04-2006, 12:04 PM
There is no reason for you to thank me Shoelace. I have never had this many hours of enjoyment from any Quest. I probably spent 5 or 6 hours yesterday wandering thru the 'Seasons'. (I'm not the fastest person to play ZC and I only have the keyboard) You wanted people to enjoy your game? Well, I sure am enjoying it. Actually, Level 7 is proving even more fun than the Levels before.

One of the things I like the best BTW, is saving in Dungeons and actually being able to start again in that same Dungeon, or at the beginning of that particular Level.. When I have to continuously start in the original Start place, I get the feeling that the author ran out of 'action' ideas and that's just to give the player more to do.

One of the hardest things I had to learn was, you don't leave the player stranded. If I think I can't get any further without ending play, or resetting, I'm WRONG. Sure has made this Level a lot more fun.

DFW, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. In fairness, I have only tried your one Quest about the wind. I don't remember it very well. Just this part where I gave up because, no matter what I did, I kept getting killed over and over before I could get past that part. Then when I finally made it, and got to the next killing zone, I died and then finally got back to the first, and all the old enemies were back again.

Now that was very early in the Quest. Seems like it was level 1. May have been Level 2, but the point was that it makes your statement above to Shoelace rather hypocritical. Especially since there are myriad ways you can get thru almost all the bad guys in hero of Dreams, sometimes without taking any hits at all. Just requires patience.

IMO, you owe Shoelace the benefit of at least telling him where you got stuck.

BTW, I'm not stuck in the Seasons. Just taking my time. I have a key and know where to use it. Please hurry up and make another Quest Shoelace.....

ceril
11-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah, 2.10 is the correct version to use. Anyways, on those cutscenes, you just have press the down button. Is that not working? I will look into it if not, I haven't heard of any bug like this, so I am just confused.

Thank you didnt know you had to hit down i was hitting all my buttons, im using a usb to psx controller adapter so i thought something wasnt mapped

ceril
11-04-2006, 08:11 PM
WOW this zelda is real good might be a lil hard for me. do i need a key for teh big chests? i am on v1 and im trying to open the 1st big chest i found and it wont open? thx

WindStrike
11-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Big Chests require the Big Key. As for the first standard key... from the entrance, head right two and up one. That should be enough help, as I don't like giving everything away unless those who need help are in absolute dire need of it. Level 8 is the exception: Except for the what the boss is, I can say whatever the heck I want about that level.

ceril
11-04-2006, 11:47 PM
i really like the game but i feel like a total retatard trying to play it. now im stuck in the lost woods. it says to go east to the orange trees but theres 2 sets of orange trees to teh east 3 trees with a stump and over east 1 more there are four trees. ive tries to start at both and go north west north east north like it says but i keep getting lost.

Shoelace
11-05-2006, 12:38 AM
There are red trees and orange trees. The Orange trees look like the ones in Hyrule Field so you know. Hope that helps.

WindStrike
11-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Actually... come to think of it, the directions are kind of vague, considering the set-up of the Lost Woods. Here's the directions...:
From when you enter the first screen of the Lost Woods...:
- Left
- Left
- Down
- Right
- Down
- Left
- Left (I'm not sure if it's one or two lefts, so this one might be wrong.)
- Down

Note: Compare these directions with the ones given to you by Mr. Mayor. You'll realize what these directions really are.

Shoelace
11-05-2006, 05:30 AM
I think those directions are opposite. As it is right, right, (maybe another one; I am not on my computer to know for sure), up, left, up, right, right, up. Something like that.

Beckyj4
11-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Now I'm stuck. I have the Silver Arrow, and 16 1/2 hearts. I have tried every season as far as it will go and must be missing something. Apparently I need Din's Fire but have no idea where it is. Or if there is anything else I need first.

I also tried the Windmill so I can save those poor cattle and horses. ;) No way. I realize I am supposed to dive when the spikes are going to hit me but am just not that well co-ordinated, plus I see two for everyone else's one. Can't get past that thing with the bugs swarming all around it with any life or potions left.

Shoelace
11-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Okay, so you got the silver arrows. So that means you are right at the last part of the level. Anyways, after the silver arrow, you have to get the last key. Switch is two screens right and one screen up from the silver arrows. You have to be in the Spring season to get the key by the way. From there go all of the way left and make it winter to put the key in the key hole below. From there, it will lead to Din's Fire which in the grass. :P

Also, the Windmill/Ranch sidequest is a must I say. So you are in the Windmill right now. Remember to have the cucco book in hand. Anyways, the thing with the bugs flying around it is patra. You have kill the little bugs first (with the sword), then the middle one. That is basically the end of the side quest, one more room. :P

ceril
11-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Surprise, im stuck again in the moblin fortess. im trying to get the bow i already have the arrows. im in the room to the left of the arrows it has like 5 or 6 stars on the flor and when you step on 1 a ladder appears but i dont know what to do after that. there is a chest in the room as well but it has 2 grey blocks in front of it and they are up. any ideas? thx

Shoelace
11-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Okay, do you have the key? If not it is one screen up of the stars on the floor. Also, to open the 2 gray blocks you have to have the bow. Anyways, go one screen left and one screen up. Look at the right wall and the floor boarders. You will notice a hidden trigger that will open the way to the bow. Hope that helped.

Beckyj4
11-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Okay, so you got the silver arrows. So that means you are right at the last part of the level. Anyways, after the silver arrow, you have to get the last key. Switch is two screens right and one screen up from the silver arrows. You have to be in the Spring season to get the key by the way. From there go all of the way left and make it winter to put the key in the key hole below. From there, it will lead to Din's Fire which in the grass. :P

Also, the Windmill/Ranch sidequest is a must I say. So you are in the Windmill right now. Remember to have the cucco book in hand. Anyways, the thing with the bugs flying around it is patra. You have kill the little bugs first (with the sword), then the middle one. That is basically the end of the side quest, one more room. :P

Thank you. I already had the key. Just never saw that way to go down in Winter. So now I have Din's Fire. It's going to take me awhile to get thru the bosses though. Eeeek!

As to the Windmill, I have tried it over and over. Problem is, I lose all my life and potions before I get even half of those little bugs. Hope you won't feel bad if I don't make it, because this is the first time in a long time I have gotten so far in a Quest. (Are they getting harder or am I just getting too old?) Don't get me wrong. I would like to get thru the Windmill, because I would like to see what happens when the rain comes, but I don't know if I can do it.

That is the thing about your Quest though. Never gets boring, so you just keep wanting to see what comes next. How long until you make another one? 3 or 4 days might be OK...

Shoelace
11-08-2006, 02:15 PM
The end of the Windmill sidequest has the item called Nayru's Love. Which is the greatest item in the game. :P It will shield you from attacks for a brief moment. This is very helpful in 7th and 8th level. When you get to the Patra in the windmill, you should have made a shortcut to get there quicker.

Also, do you have the Magical Sword? If not, then go to the top left corner of Windy Peak, and talk to Randy. That is the sword you should fight the Patra with if you are not already. Hope that helps.

And thanks. I am glad the quest never gets boring. That was my goal. The only thing, is it gets frustrating at times and I hope to fix that in my next games. However, there isn't a game coming out for a while. My next one is EotM, with a 2007 release date. Most likely Summer/Fall.

Josk1
11-09-2006, 11:37 AM
hello (it is a great, quest , thanks you for this beautiful work .)

Until now, i passed all of the puzzle easily but I'm now in level 8 F1 on the left side there is two room. the rooms are very similar but one is dark. In the dark one, i can't push any block, in the other i can, but the door never open and i need the key behind this door : ) Is it the wrong way to get the key 1 screen up?

Shoelace
11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
In the dark rooms, you need to burn the curtains with the fire boomerang. That will show you the way to the key. :P

Beckyj4
11-09-2006, 07:55 PM
The end of the Windmill sidequest has the item called Nayru's Love. Which is the greatest item in the game. :P It will shield you from attacks for a brief moment. This is very helpful in 7th and 8th level. When you get to the Patra in the windmill, you should have made a shortcut to get there quicker.

>>If you are referring to the block you remove before going up the stairs to fight the darknuts, it returns whenever you 'continue'??? I had hoped it would stay gone, but it doesn't. About 3 times out of every 4, the two blocks in the way on the spike path won't disappear either. I just have to keep hitting 'continue', until they decide to go? <<<

Also, do you have the Magical Sword? If not, then go to the top left corner of Windy Peak, and talk to Randy. That is the sword you should fight the Patra with if you are not already. Hope that helps.

>>>I got the sword before I started level 7. <<<

And thanks. I am glad the quest never gets boring. That was my goal. The only thing, is it gets frustrating at times and I hope to fix that in my next games. However, there isn't a game coming out for a while. My next one is EotM, with a 2007 release date. Most likely Summer/Fall.

Not sure I can last that long. ;)

TheBestGamer
11-13-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm stuck on level 2 of HoD. I have the boss key and arrow, but no bow. I also have a key. I'm stuck at a shutter that I can't seem to open. This is the room with a path to the left and a path down, with the downward path surrounded by blocks. How do I open the shutter?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but there are a lot of pages on the thread.

Shoelace
11-13-2006, 05:46 AM
This is like the most commonly asked question of HoD. From the "prison" go one screen left, one screen up. There is a shutter leading to the bow. To open the shutter, look at the right wall and floor boarders. There is a trigger inside the wall. You should be able to see it now. :P

Becky: :(, well I will see what I can do about releasing it, but I am just being honest about the release date. It isn't anywhere near completion. But hopefully progress will go faster than excepted. (I am not working on it until the new version is released)

Beckyj4
11-14-2006, 12:16 PM
This is like the most commonly asked question of HoD. From the "prison" go one screen left, one screen up. There is a shutter leading to the bow. To open the shutter, look at the right wall and floor boarders. There is a trigger inside the wall. You should be able to see it now. :P

Becky: :(, well I will see what I can do about releasing it, but I am just being honest about the release date. It isn't anywhere near completion. But hopefully progress will go faster than excepted. (I am not working on it until the new version is released)

That's OK. I was kidding.
Would you read my last post again? I put some stuff in >>> <<<. Really isn't too important because I don't think I can get any further anyway, but just in case?

Josk1
11-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks Shoelace I've now finished your quest .
The last Boss was quite hard but nothing can stop you if you are a real zelda master .: p
I hope you will make the next episode This one was one of the best I played .
I'm waiting for your next quest : )

Shoelace
11-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey, I am glad you enjoyed my game! Hopefully my next quests will be better than this game. Anyways, could you do me a favor Josk? Can you edit your post and erase the name of the last level boss. I try not to spoil things like that for people as it makes a twist. Thanks. :P

Also, Becky, you asked me to end your last post again. And I don't see what you wanted me to read. What is your question? :confused:

Beckyj4
11-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey, I am glad you enjoyed my game! Hopefully my next quests will be better than this game. Anyways, could you do me a favor Josk? Can you edit your post and erase the name of the last level boss. I try not to spoil things like that for people as it makes a twist. Thanks. :P

Also, Becky, you asked me to end your last post again. And I don't see what you wanted me to read. What is your question? :confused:

You:When you get to the Patra in the windmill, you should have made a shortcut to get there quicker.

Me >>If you are referring to the block you remove before going up the stairs to fight the darknuts, it returns whenever you 'continue'??? I had hoped it would stay gone, but it doesn't. Also, about 3 times out of every 4, the two blocks in the way on the spike path won't disappear either. I just have to keep hitting 'continue', until they decide to go? <<<